PDA

View Full Version : If everyone coudl please say a prayer!

Aspen and Misty
08-07-2002, 06:24 PM
This has nothign to do with pets but a member of my family is haveing some problems and I need some prayers from the most powerfull prayer team I know.

My brother has broken his arm twice. The second brake was so bad they had to do surgery on both of his bones to re-correct his arm. We just now received word that he was in a car accident, they hit a tree. I don't know anything else except that all 3 of the boys who were involved in the accident are ok and concise they all are alive. But if you could please pray that my brothers arm is not broken and nothing life threatening has happened to them I would be forever grateful. The three boy’s names are my brother- Jonathan, and his friends Kevin and Jake. I will give you word as soon as I know something.

Thank you so much,
Ashley

momoffuzzyfaces
08-07-2002, 06:27 PM
Prayers are on the way for your brother and his friends and all their families. Please keep us posted.

tatsxxx11
08-07-2002, 07:30 PM
Oh dear!:( Of course, the Pet Talk prayer team is coming at you in full force. We are praying for you Johnathan, Kevin and Jake, and for your families. We pray for your complete and speedy recoverys and we also pray that God may give your families comfort and strength during this difficult time. {{{Hugs}}}

Sara luvs her Tinky
08-07-2002, 08:01 PM
I will be glad to pray for your brother and his friends. I will also remember your and their families..... *HUGS*
Please keep us posted. :(

Aspen and Misty
08-07-2002, 08:18 PM
I foudn out that 2 girls were also in the car. My brotehr is fien jst some scrapes and bruses. One girl broke her ankle really bad and has to get plascit surgery done on her face. The driver, Kevin, had to get a cat scan to make sure there is no bleeding in the brain eh also has to haev his splein (sp) removed. Jake and my brotehr have been released teh two girls are still in the emergency room and Kevin is in surgery. It was a pretty abd accident but nothign to bad. Please continue to pray for them, Expesially Kevin and The girl. Thank you all so much and I am grateful to god that everyone is ok and everythign is fixable.

Cinder & Smoke
08-07-2002, 08:22 PM
Hi, God ~

Cinder an Smokey here onna Prayer Line...

We knowe You are alreddy werkin on Jonathan's busted arm case;

But now he gotz tangeld up inna kar wrek an he an hiz Buddiez - Kevin an Jake anna Gurlz - need summa Your Help to feel better...

Kud You look in on em an Help us out on this wun?

PaLeeze check on em an Help them feel better.

Thankz, God!

Sudilar
08-07-2002, 08:27 PM
Add my prayers to the list. I hope they all have a quick recovery!

zippy-kat
08-07-2002, 08:30 PM
Count me in...

sisterdog
08-07-2002, 08:53 PM
My prayers are on the way as well.

Cincy'sMom
08-07-2002, 09:06 PM
Prayers on the way from Ohio

AmberLee
08-07-2002, 09:17 PM
Prayers from our "neck of the woods", too...

sottice
08-07-2002, 09:22 PM
Prayers coming from Texas, too.

Aspen and Misty
08-07-2002, 09:26 PM
Kevin came out of surgery ok. His splein was removed. He will be spending the nigth in extensive care. Ashley is in surgery to get plastic surgery done on her forhead. Ashley also has a broken ankle and might have a damged lunge or broken ribs. What happned was she was in the middle seat of the back seat and flew the whole way forward and went heard first into the tree. The other girl lauren is also ok just some srapes and bruises. Jake and Jonathan both have scrapes and bruises but are now btoh home and doing fine. Jake and Jonathan are the only ones who were released form the hospital.I think the one part I will never coem to terms with is that they all almost died.

Ann
08-08-2002, 07:48 AM
Oh, I'm so sorry to hear that :( I'll keep them all in my thoughts and hope for a fast recovery

08-08-2002, 09:18 AM
Count me in too !!!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
08-08-2002, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by Aspen and Misty
What happned was she was in the middle seat of the back seat and flew the whole way forward and went heard first into the tree.

As I've mentioned before, a few years ago my parents were in a pretty major accident. My dad almost died 3 times, but they kept him alive. My mom broke her leg pretty bad, but she had her seat belt on so she was in much better shape than my dad, who wouldn't wear his seat belt at the time. He spent a week in intensive care, and another month in the hospital before they couldn't stand him anymore and sent him home (did I mention he's a stubborn old man?) If not for the air bag he would have died.

My point is that seat belts are SO important, and people just can't get that through their heads. This girl would not have hit the tree had she had her seat belt on. She would probably have been released with bumps and bruises like most of the rest of the gang.

So please, please, please people, wear your seat belts. If you don't do it for yourself, do it for your loved ones who will have to attend your funeral and say "if only he/she had worn their seat belt."

Ok, off my soapbox now. I too will be praying for the gang (and also praying that they have learned to wear their seat belts).

PS - My parents are ok today, but will never be the same as they were before the accident. Old bones sometimes just don't heal properly.

Albea
08-08-2002, 02:08 PM
More good wishes from here for a quick recovery for your brother's friends. Thank God your brother came out with just a few scratches.

NoahsMommy
08-08-2002, 02:11 PM
I'll be praying! I am glad they are all recoving.

Randi
08-08-2002, 02:23 PM
Positive vibes from Copenhagen to your brother Jonathan and his friends for a speedy recovery!! :)

Aspen and Misty
08-08-2002, 02:34 PM
i agree Tubby and Penuts mom. There were otehr things invoved that I would wish not to say, so that is also the problem . iam hopeing they all learned there lesson and will never EVER EVER do anything like this again. Thank you for your prayers. My brotehr is doing ok now. Teh girl who hit the tree had a 5 hour surgery to fix her forhead and is now recovering. The last I heard Kevin is alwso ok and is recovring in intesive care.

Miss Meow
08-08-2002, 07:56 PM
My wishes to you and your family too during this time.

My partner's youngest brother was a passenger in a car accident last year, and he was in a coma for three weeks with brain damage. I don't know how, but the swelling finally stopped and he is OK now after a lot of rehab - he had to learn to walk and speak again. Emergency workers, surgeons, doctors and nurses are amazing people.

lovemymaltese
08-08-2002, 11:10 PM
Poor little dears, I hope that all is well for them.

krazyaboutkatz
08-11-2002, 04:55 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about this. I'll be praying for everyone involved in the accident. I'm glad that they are all on the road to recovery.