PDA

View Full Version : Thank You from Best Friends Animal Sanctuary

jackiesdaisy1935
08-07-2002, 05:37 PM
Just wanted to let you all know that I sent the proceeds from the "Daisy and Perry Fund" to Best Friends Animal Sanctuary in Utah in Daisy and Perry's name which was to go to 'dogtown'
Jackie, Miss Daisy and Perry

Dear Jackie,

Thank you for your donation in honor of Miss Daisy & Perry for the animals
here at Best Friends Animal Sanctuary and especially those at DogTown.

We here at Best Friends are so very glad that they made a recovery from the
attack. They are blessed to have you in their lives.

Thank you again and we wish you all the best.

Sincerely,
Carragh Maloney
Membership

Karen
08-07-2002, 05:53 PM
How nice that their tragic accident ended up with them recovering, and the money will help other, unknown dogs! Congratulations for your generosity and your babies' recovery!

delidog
08-07-2002, 06:23 PM
Jackie,
thats' awesome!!!what a great organization....
perry and miss daisy would have it no other way!!!

Freckles
08-07-2002, 07:01 PM
I checked around the Best Friends website but couldn't find anything about DogTown. What is that?

wolf_Q
08-07-2002, 11:24 PM
That is so cool Jackie! Best Friends is a great organization. It's very beautiful where it is located...Angel Canyon in southern Utah. I tried to visit there once on my way back from a vacation, but they were closed at the time. :( They have quite a few fundraisers and such here that go to Best Friends and the Humane Society of Utah. I'm not positive, but I think Dogtown is just the dog section of the place. They take in every sort of domestic animal I believe. They even have an area just for feral cats. :)

jackiesdaisy1935
08-08-2002, 09:08 AM
Freckles, it is quite an organization and they rescue animals from all over the country. They just built Dogtown and they have an area for all the old senior dogs and and an area for dogs ready for adoption. They have specially built little houses for them. If a animal is not adoptable they will give it a forever home. They have everything from horses, donkeys, cat, dogs, ducks etc. etc.
This is one rescue that I truly believe in and they allow people to go there and help out to see what it is all about. I have never been there, but if I was younger I would be there in a heartbeat. They also have cabins that people can stay in if they are visiting.
Jackie

wolf_Q
08-08-2002, 04:00 PM
Yeah, I think they are the largest No-Kill Shelter in the country! They offer internships and stuff for students to go down there and help out. I thought about doing that, I bet it would be amazing. But I think you had to provide your own place to stay, and I really don't have the money for that. If I head down to southern Utah again, I am GOING to stop in Kanab! lol.

I was thinking if we did some sort of donating thing from pet talk with the pet contest (yeah I'm still working on that) this is the organization I would choose..because they rescue any type of pet. But I don't know how many would agree with me. ;)

K9karen
08-08-2002, 04:25 PM
I know 2 girls who go there 2x a year on their vacation and spend a week helping out. Nothing fancy but they have the best time. Although they are fanatic dog lovers, they also love the Cat houses and help out with all the critters. They both said their hearts just SOAR when they're there!!! I have every intention of going there some day!!

jackiesdaisy1935
08-08-2002, 05:02 PM
Karen and Amy I hope you both get to go there one day, it would be a wonderful experience, that, I think, being the animal lovers that you are, would be a once in a lifetime thing. Don't put it off or you will be like me wishing you could go, but can't.
Jackie

Kater
08-08-2002, 05:24 PM
Jackie, thank you for bringing this organization to my attention! I have encountered so few 'no-kill' shelters however, it has been a dream of mine to volunteer at one. Right now I volunteer at the Hawaiian Humane Society (http://www.hawaiianhumane.org) which is a great resource for Hawai'i but yet not ideal in my eyes. As I'm moving to the 'mainland' for college I'm working on branching out in my volunteer experiences. So now Best Friends can be added to my list!!!
Bless you for finding such a meaningful place for the money from Daisy & Perrys fund.
I bet you are so relieved to have things back to normal.

~Kate(R)

jackiesdaisy1935
08-08-2002, 08:32 PM
Good for you Kater, and I hope you get to go and tell us about your experience there, so we can all enjoy your visit.
I love Hawaii, we have been there many times, since my Husband was in the Navy, we always stayed at the Hale Koa in Honolulu and we have gone to Kona and Maui which were both beautiful.
Jackie