PDA

View Full Version : I'm a bad girl

IRescue452
11-02-2007, 05:03 PM
I am a firm believer that pet store "rescues" are bad because they only put money in the pockets of the pet store and perpetuate the market. But sometimes the rules are meant to be broken, so long as one understands that the consequences of "rescuing" an animal this way mean it will only be replaced by another animal. With that said, I happened upon a lone, very depressed baby weanling rat today. Petland sold his mother as snake food before the babies were weaned. A worker had to hand-raise the babies. So welcome little Hirschel to the crew of rodents ruling my life. He's a wee little black hoodie with very fuzzy fur. His little cap and hood are seperate and he has a black spot on his belly. He's so tame. I won't be going back there for a long time because I don't want to see what little baby replaces him.

Christmas_Hamster
11-02-2007, 08:49 PM
Yay for rescuing. You made the difference to him and that is all that matters.

Do you have a buddy for him for when he gets older? Or are you going to adopt him out? Congrats. ;)

Chilli
11-03-2007, 10:53 AM
He sounds adorable. :]
Congratulations on little Hirschel, I'm sure he's really appreciative that you rescued him.

IRescue452
11-09-2007, 04:00 PM
Sorry I haven't replied in a while. I was hoping to wait for pictures, but since my girlfriend's been working overtime this week she hasn't sent them yet. There are pics though. He's doing great. I clipped his nails without the least bit of protest from him.
As for the buddy, we've been thinking about a hairless male for a few months now, so we'll see about that soon. He's been getting the majority of my attention since the girls have each other, he's not been depressed like he looked in the store.