PDA

View Full Version : I Have a Thing for Palm Trees

dukedogsmom
11-01-2007, 10:22 PM
Both real and fake. I think this is one of the prettiest underpasses I've ever seen. I was headed back from Old Town and stopped to take pics. It's really busy there but there was plenty of room for parking and I couldn't resist. The first one was taken from across four lanes and out of the sun. It's pretty but not as pretty as the second one. I wish they'd make more underpasses with this pretty pattern.
http://www.boomspeed.com/dukedogsmom/101407_1.jpg
And I really like this one. The deep blue of the sky and the warm gold of the sun really makes the design look so much better.
http://www.boomspeed.com/dukedogsmom/101407_2.jpg
Hope you enjoyed.

Twisterdog
11-01-2007, 10:27 PM
Very pretty. Our underpasses are just plain and ugly. :(

critter crazy
11-01-2007, 11:30 PM
:eek: WOW!!! That is neat! great pics!! Yeah i wish our underpasses looked like that as well!

Karen
11-01-2007, 11:33 PM
Wow, cool!

CountryWolf07
11-02-2007, 12:50 AM
Very interesting design!

pitc9
11-02-2007, 07:04 AM
Wow! That's neat Val!

Felicia's Mom
11-02-2007, 08:45 AM
Both are very nice.:)

Killearn Kitties
11-02-2007, 08:53 AM
It's a great pattern and a really good idea to have a lovely feature on something that normally looks so ugly.

Randi
11-02-2007, 09:09 AM
That's really nice, and the difference it makes to a boring wall! :)

Kfamr
11-02-2007, 09:49 AM
I've seen that same one on my way home from Old Town. ;) Did you see "my" card, the red Mustang in the entrance?

I like the underpasses they have near here with turtles, shells, etc. They're getting some cool designs now.

BitsyNaceyDog
11-02-2007, 09:57 AM
That is really pretty. That's on I-4? As dreadful as I-4 is at least they put a little effort into making look a little nicer on some of the overpasses. I think it's the Conroy overpass that looks especially nice. Up my way they have Manatee and Alligators on the cement walls around the road.

Did you have fun at Old Town? I haven't ben there in such a long time. Is the Sky Flyer (I think that's what it's called) still there? Justin and I did that probably 8 or 9 years ago. I think all of Old Town could hear me screaming.

lizbud
11-02-2007, 12:43 PM
Thanks for the photos. It looks beautiful. A lot better than graffiti. :D

DJFyrewolf36
11-02-2007, 12:54 PM
I worked around highways and I gotta say that is a really neat design! We have some mountainish looking thing on ours...its kind of nice but at the same time really wierd.

Thanks for sharing!

Daisy and Delilah
11-02-2007, 03:35 PM
I'll have to drive out and see that. I love it!! Cool, Val!! I've seen the one's with alligators, manatees, turtles, etc. but not the palm trees. :)

Catlady711
11-02-2007, 08:11 PM
http://www.boomspeed.com/dukedogsmom/101407_1.jpg
And I really like this one. The deep blue of the sky and the warm gold of the sun really makes the design look so much better.
http://www.boomspeed.com/dukedogsmom/101407_2.jpg
Hope you enjoyed.

Beautiful art work for an underpass!! Thanx for posting the pix.

I'm guessing it was probably overcast when you took the first pix. Your second pix is prettier not only because of the blue sky, angle you took the pix and golden sunlight, but also because it has 'side lighting' which makes the design easier to see and gives it a three dimensional feel to it. If you get some good side lighting (light coming from a side angle) I'd try that first pix again, you'll be surprised at the difference.

dukedogsmom
11-03-2007, 06:50 PM
I've seen that same one on my way home from Old Town. ;) Did you see "my" card, the red Mustang in the entrance?

I like the underpasses they have near here with turtles, shells, etc. They're getting some cool designs now.
I guess I must have missed it. I'd like to go over there again and spend more time as I didn't get to stay as long as I wanted. This palm tree one is the first fancy underpass I've seen. I wish they'd make them all like that.

That is really pretty. That's on I-4? As dreadful as I-4 is at least they put a little effort into making look a little nicer on some of the overpasses. I think it's the Conroy overpass that looks especially nice. Up my way they have Manatee and Alligators on the cement walls around the road.

Did you have fun at Old Town? I haven't ben there in such a long time. Is the Sky Flyer (I think that's what it's called) still there? Justin and I did that probably 8 or 9 years ago. I think all of Old Town could hear me screaming.
I4? No way! If it was on I4, I'd have to say forget it. It's on 192. That's busy enough. If the thing you're talking about is like a giant slingshot, it's still there. You couldn't pay me to get in that thing! It was fun watching, though. I'd love to go back and spend more time there.

Catlady711: That first one was taken across four lanes of traffic with a median in the middle. Also, it was under the overpass. The second one was on the side of it which is why it had some sun.

RICHARD
11-04-2007, 01:34 AM
here in Cah Lee Fuh Nee Ah there are 'sound walls' that are decorated with all kinds of stuff...In Orange County near San Juan Capistrano they have a wall with birds on it-near Dizzyland they have some ugly blue tiles that look like they belong under pots in a kitchen.

On the new 210 Freeway near San Bernardino they have fake rocks that are done in a wave pattern.

I like the palms......

jennielynn1970
11-04-2007, 10:11 AM
Here in PA we got graffiti.

We do have some murals on sides of large buildings in Philly that I've seen, but that's about it. You put up something nice, and it gets destroyed pretty quickly.

Catlady711
11-04-2007, 04:02 PM
Catlady711: That first one was taken across four lanes of traffic with a median in the middle. Also, it was under the overpass. The second one was on the side of it which is why it had some sun.

Ok, the shade would have given the same effect as an overcast day. You did a good job not getting traffic in the shot.

ScottieMommy
11-04-2007, 04:53 PM
Thats really cool, i like Palm Trees as well. We have them down here all the time in Florida. Infact we have a lot of them right outside my window. In Miami there is a highway with Dolphins in it :D

BitsyNaceyDog
11-04-2007, 06:23 PM
I4? No way! If it was on I4, I'd have to say forget it. It's on 192. That's busy enough. If the thing you're talking about is like a giant slingshot, it's still there. You couldn't pay me to get in that thing! It was fun watching, though. I'd love to go back and spend more time there.
Well, you easily could have been in a traffic jam on I-4. I haven't been on that end of 192 in a couple years. 192 was a mess with construction for so long, it's good to see that they made it look pretty in the end.

There is a giant slingshot thing at Old Town, Justin and his sister went on that, I didn't. The thing Justin and I went on was a bit TALL thing- they strap you in a harness and pull you up to the top of a big tall poll, you then free fall until the cord catches you. It's kind of like a wuss bungee jump.