PDA

View Full Version : My Mid Morning Snack

dukedogsmom
11-01-2007, 10:14 PM
3:30A.M., that is. For about the last three months, I've really changed my eating habits a lot and I'm seeing results. I've been watching You Are What You Eat on BBC America and have learned lots of things. On my break at work, I go to Wal Mart and get what veggies or fruits I would like to eat for the night. This night I had a Fuji apple (best ones ever), a banana and a tomato. Since I've started this, I no longer feel the need to practically pass out about 4:30-5:00 in the morning. I think it's changed my metabolism a bit, too. The finger that was hurting all the time now only hurts at night when it's not being used. I've cut down on sugar and salt quite a bit. But last night and today I took a break since it was Halloween and all. Isn't this plate pretty?
http://www.boomspeed.com/dukedogsmom/103107_1.jpg

caseysmom
11-01-2007, 11:13 PM
Good for you! I need to get motivated and this time of year the fruit and veggies are more sparse but that sure looks yummy.

pitc9
11-02-2007, 07:08 AM
Good for you Val!!

That plate does look pretty.. (but I'd have to pass on the tomatoes :o )

I love fruit and raw veggies, I can eat them all day long.

Freedom
11-02-2007, 08:13 AM
This night I had a Fuji apple (best ones ever) . . . .

Beautiful! Artistc presentation is a huge part of having a satisfying meal or snack.

But the "best ones ever" are the Pink Lady apples! Only available around here for about 2 weeks each year, I forget where they are shipped from.

Daisy and Delilah
11-02-2007, 01:05 PM
I get the best pink ladies in northern GA. They are delicious. Beautiful plate Val. This is an inspiration to me too :)

cloverfdx
11-03-2007, 06:39 AM
Pfft i want a banana now :p. Thats great that your feeling better Val. I am trying to get fit for Summer but that is not working yet, i need to get motivated ;).

jennielynn1970
11-03-2007, 06:30 PM
Beautiful! Artistc presentation is a huge part of having a satisfying meal or snack.

But the "best ones ever" are the Pink Lady apples! Only available around here for about 2 weeks each year, I forget where they are shipped from.

I agree, that plate looks great! I never thought about eating a tomato with an apple and banana though. Tomatoes are sweet though... will have to try that.

My favorite apples at this time of year are the Macintosh. Love them.

Another good apple that I've found around here only at this time of year are the Honey Crisp apples. Can't find them any other time.

shais_mom
11-04-2007, 12:23 AM
I've watched that a time or two also. That one lady drank like 30 liters of pop a day! blaah
that's a great snack!
I like Fuji apples also - but my mom and I got some honeycrisp apples in Sept up in MI that were TO DIE FOR!!

ilovemypup
11-04-2007, 01:36 AM
That's great!
Good for you, good luck on this.. you are doing great so far!

That looks delicious! Mmmm Mmm!
Congratzy!

-alI