PDA

View Full Version : POTD Poll

BC_MoM
11-01-2007, 03:30 PM
On the main page, the poll is "Does your pet sleep on your bed?" I was quite surprised with the answer!!!

- Yes 18%

- No, it's not allowed 65%

- No, it does not want to or is not able 16%

65%?? WOW. :eek:

dukedogsmom
11-01-2007, 03:36 PM
I'm part of the 18%, though I haven't voted, yet. I watch cleaning shows and they always say to keep the pets off the bed. Forget that! I love having my spoiled dog with me.

Sirrahsim
11-01-2007, 03:42 PM
Hubby is allergic so Boomer is definately not allowed to sleep on our bed.

Glacier
11-01-2007, 03:47 PM
If Stuart had his way there would be no dogs on the bed and for many years there weren't. Chum and Pacer are allowed to sleep on the bed now. Chum sleeps by my feet and has to stay as far away from Stuart's side as possible. He knows what "on your spot means" and goes right to it. He also knows the rules are different when "Dad" is away! His side is fair game then! Pacer usually sneaks up in the middle of the night. He's so shy and it's such a display of trust that neither of us has the heart to make him get down!

The rest don't seem interested or sleep in their crates. There are dog beds and blankets everywhere! Pingo has her own couch. Hobo prefers the coat closet. Antare has taken over the arctic entry.

There are usually several cats on the bed. Ivy sleeps under the covers; Sophia sleeps on my throat; Polly Paws keeps Chum in line at the foot of the bed. The others come and go, except Puff who refuses to come into the bedroom at all.(her choice, not ours, she's welcome if she changes her mind)

ScottieMommy
11-01-2007, 03:51 PM
WOW i was sure most people here slept with their animals either a cat or a dog :eek: But i guess i was wrong. My little doggie does sleep with me when she wants to. Her crate is open all night, she likes to sleep there sometimes as well. Other times she sleeps on my bed, never anywhere else. Always in my room at night.

buttercup132
11-01-2007, 03:54 PM
When we first got them they were allowed on the bed but after a few years my parents decided no more pets on the beds so they weren't allowed to for 6 or so years and now they are again but Thunder's hips are too bad and Rockee is too fat to jump onto the bed. Duck and Milo sleep with me though and all the cats are allowed on the bed.

momoffuzzyfaces
11-01-2007, 04:00 PM
Yep, mine are all allowed on the bed. A mattress pad and extra laundry are cheap prices to pay for all the snuggles and cuddles I receive!!! :D

binka_nugget
11-01-2007, 04:06 PM
The pups are free to nap on the bed during the day. But as soon as we get in bed too, the Shelties don't stick around for very long. They don't like sharing with us apparently LOL Keeva will sleep with us if we let her but she's one heck of a kicker so she sleeps in the living room. :p

kimlovescats
11-01-2007, 04:13 PM
I was surprised by the numbers as well! My babies are always allowed on our bed. When I get a bad allergy / asthma flare-up, we wash and close the door to them. It never lasts for long though! :D

KittyGurl
11-01-2007, 04:22 PM
The kitties sleep with me, but Duke has to be in his crate down in the living room because he has accidents in the middle of the night. So DUke isn't allowed to sleep with me.

lizbud
11-01-2007, 04:36 PM
I'll bet a lot of Dog owners didn't vote yet. Most everyone I know with
dogs on PT let their dogs sleep on the bed. I do too.They can really warm up those cool sheets. :)

Nobas Mom
11-01-2007, 04:46 PM
My husband and I open our bed to the pets everynight. Jax (the cat) won't sleep in our room because his food / water / litterbox are downstairs... although he will curl up behind my head if I am taking a nap... he knows when I will only be up there a short time.

The dogs sleep with us every night. Sadie sleeps on the end of the bed, usually on my feet (we've tried to teach her to sleep on the end of bed in the MIDDLE of us so as not to take foot room away from either of us, but she chooses my side all the time)... :rolleyes:

Noba is funny. He will start off on his dog bed on the floor and then EVERYnight without hesitation, usually between 3-4 am, he wakes up and comes to my side of the bed and starts screaming bloody murder. And it's not because he has to go potty, he wants on the bed. So I have to get up and pick him up (55lbs!!!) and put him on the bed. Then if I try and put him on the end of the bed or on the outside of me, he cries this low pityful sound. The only place that makes him happy is between my husband and I. BUT, he HAS to be facing me with his head on my hubby's pillow and his paw touching me... :rolleyes: :eek: Honestly, any other position and he just does the "pity me, I'm so unloved" moan... quite pathetic really. I tried ignoring him one night to see what he would do, so after about 5 mins, he walked over to hubby's side of the bed and stood there and screamed even louder, woke hubby up and then got in bed anyway... lol... silly hound... spoiled some would say, loved I say!!

BC_MoM
11-01-2007, 05:31 PM
The pups are free to nap on the bed during the day. But as soon as we get in bed too, the Shelties don't stick around for very long. They don't like sharing with us apparently LOL Keeva will sleep with us if we let her but she's one heck of a kicker so she sleeps in the living room. :p

Haha! That's like Mickey! He'll lounge in my bed and sleep there.. but when I come to bed he looks at me with disgust and leaves. :eek:

Cinder & Smoke
11-01-2007, 05:53 PM
Chum and Pacer are allowed to sleep on the bed now.

There are usually several cats on the bed.
* Ivy sleeps under the covers;
* Sophia sleeps on my throat;
* Polly Paws keeps Chum in line at the foot of the bed.
* The others come and go ...

Good GRIEF!

That's Two Dawgs and a minimum of Three Kats ... not to mention TWO BiPeds ...

Just how BIG is your BigBed?

We start out with Cinder curled up on the foot of the BigBed - about 1/4 used;
SmokeMutt is my hot water bottle - he's always cuddled up next to me UNDER the covers -
another 1/4 of the bed used - they start out butt-to-butt on 1/2 of the bed -
I get what's left.

In time, Cinder un-winds and begins to use my feet as her pillow ... as my feet
"go to sleep" :eek: - I curl into the fetal position and she takes over the lower 1/3 of the bed. :rolleyes:

SmokeMutt is a "quiet sleeper" (usually) and stays in a rather tight ball ...
but there are "those nights" when he too UN-winds and starts *pushin* ...
I've awakened to feel a serious "draft" - and discovered MY Butt was hanging off
the edge of the bed in space!
And we do this on a "single/twin" sized bed! :p

:D

Glacier
11-01-2007, 06:20 PM
Good GRIEF!

That's Two Dawgs and a minimum of Three Kats ... not to mention TWO BiPeds ...

Just how BIG is your BigBed?

We upgraded to a king sized bed last spring. Chum sleeps in a little ball most of the time. Pacer likes to sprawl out! Cats are little they don't take up much room! :D Occasionally, I try to move Sophia off my throat. She's a little cat and I love her dearly, but the fur scarf is a bit much some nights. I am never successful in relocating her for long! She always comes back and I always get told off for moving her! Little cat--BIG voice!

sparks19
11-01-2007, 06:23 PM
Our dogs don't sleep in the bed... they are allowed if there is only one of us in the bed but otherwise there is just not enough space for my liking or theirs lol. Luckily the dogs and I are all bed hogs and like our space so the dogs mainly stick to the couches. They don't even share the couches with each other.... Beezer sleeps on the loveseat and Belle sleeps on the big couch.

But it's good to have them in the habit of not always wanting in the bed because eventually some nights there will be a little girl sneaking into the bed after a nightmare and there certainly isnt room for both dogs and said little girl lol

Taz_Zoee
11-01-2007, 06:24 PM
Of course my kids sleep with me. In fact, Zoee is very good about waiting until I've made the bed before she jumps on up. Since the man won't make it when he gets out of it in the morning. :mad: I don't care about the bed not being made, but when I get ready to go to bed the covers are all over the place, usually all pulled to his side of the bed. So I must straighten it before I get in. :)

.sarah
11-01-2007, 06:35 PM
Luka and Nova sleep in bed with my parents. I don't allow the dogs in my bed though. If I did I'd have Nova, Mandy, and Buck all in my bed (Nova goes back and forth as to who's room she sleeps in) and it gets disgusting very quick. I don't like the feeling of dirt and hair under me while I'm sleeping not to mention Mandy and Nova won't move once they are settled, and I tend to take forever to get comfortable. I have enough trouble getting to sleep at a decent time to wake up for my early classes without them in the bed with me. There are a lot of times I just really want them up there with me though. Like last night I invited Buck up because I wanted to cuddle but he didn't stay long.

Edwina's Secretary
11-01-2007, 06:56 PM
The question is backwards....Edwina lets US sleep in her bed. In fact, Edwina has her own pillow (matching the bed cover of course! :rolleyes: )

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid225/p8eef2366bcc329a8e7e7c8266e42fc3c/e9b148c5.jpg

When my husband is out of town...Eddie is allowed (by Edwina) to sleep in the bed too.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid225/pe1b3db9cea65a8932df60a252f0c3ba8/e9b1492f.jpg

Hellow
11-01-2007, 09:16 PM
I WOULD let reggie sleep in my bed but she is soo short and my bed is 3x her size high so she cant jump up.

pitc9
11-02-2007, 07:25 AM
In fact, Zoee is very good about waiting until I've made the bed before she jumps on up. Since the man won't make it when he gets out of it in the morning. :mad:

WOW!! That's exactly how it is at my house!!!!

Sierra will sit in the doorway, (huffing and puffing) until I make the bed. I tell her "Ok" and she jumps up.

When the hubby was working out of town both dogs slept in the bed all night long with me. Sierra moves around a lot when she sleeps, she starts curled up in a tiny ball in the crook of my legs, but by the time I wake up she's spread across half the bed!!

Lori Jordan
11-02-2007, 07:56 AM
All my dogs are allowed to sleep on the bed,Molly sleeps with my daughter on her twin bed,Can you imagine how much room Rebecca has lol?.

Storm sleeps with my son in bed everynight.

Maggy is not a very social dog she is happy to be on her own,Lacy is a bed hog she is on the bed all night beside me,And Anna she has her own bed she enjoys.Although before she had problems with her back end,she would jump into bed and rip the blankets off me to wake me up in the morning.

And all the cats have there own indivdual beds they have chosen on there own,But the two babies have always slept together since day 1.