PDA

View Full Version : digby the dog in pushing daisies

joycenalex
10-31-2007, 07:53 PM
1)is a very cute golden 2) is very well trained for tv 3)will be a real motivator for BYB (is this too cynical?) maybe ned can..touch.. a few? happy halloween

Seravieve
11-01-2007, 05:55 PM
LOL what an odd post. I love the show... Very.. quirky.

I dont see how Digby would be a motivator for BYB though. If that statement is true, then every dog on tv is a BYB motivator as well. Wishbone, Rachel Ray's Pit, Dog of the Week on Ch 4 news (STL), etc. Silly statement really..

Good show though, Id recommend it. :D

joycenalex
11-01-2007, 08:09 PM
[QUOTE=Seravieve]LOL what an odd post...... thanks, i'm upping the quirkiness levels today.

I dont see how Digby would be a motivator for BYB though. If that statement is true, then every dog on tv is a BYB motivator as well. Wishbone, Rachel Ray's Pit, Dog of the Week on Ch 4 news (STL), etc. Silly statement really..
not so silly,really, one of the first rescue transports i drove was from a BYB in illinois who thought goldens could play ball like the air bud movies. if a type of dog gets popular, BYBs, seeing an opportunity for money ooze out for it.

Seravieve
11-03-2007, 01:35 PM
Im just saying to single out Digby is ridiculous. He just happens to be the latest tv dog out.. whoopie. I dont see the point of your post... Thats all. I think any dog breed that people think they can make money off of is ammo for new BYB. I guess maybe if theres a dog on tv.. then its in the limelight so other people see it.. I dont even know if I can go on.. just seems repetitive and stale.. a thread with no purpose. :rolleyes:

Lady's Human
11-03-2007, 02:13 PM
101 dalmatians-Dal sales shot up, and the number of Dals in shelters shot up.

Beethoven, Frazier (JRT's) ad nauseum.

No, Joycenalex, you're not being cynical, just realistic.

Taz_Zoee
11-03-2007, 02:53 PM
It's not just dogs either. I've never seen Harry Potter, but didn't he have a pet owl? And everyone wanted an owl for a pet.
Movies and TV are such an influence on people. I remember when the movie Tin Cup with Kevin Costner came out. My aunts and my friend and I went and took golf lessons!! :eek: When Cocktail was out, I wanted to be a bartender (actually, I still kinda do;)).
There is no way to stop it. It just happens. :(

joycenalex
11-03-2007, 07:08 PM
as much as i love goldens....i don't want to drive more rescues...and, yet i will...even at more then $3 a gallon...sigh

shais_mom
11-04-2007, 12:02 AM
I don't really think its that far off of a statement and certainly doesn't constitute eyerolling, nor should it deemed to be silly, that's just rude..
I think there's a truth to it altho maybe not on the same scale as the dals for the dalmation movies. But unfortunately with as popular of a dog as goldens are - sadly they don't need any help in being already prevalent for back yard breeding.

Suki Wingy
11-04-2007, 10:36 AM
Hm, my friend told me I should watch that show because there is a cute golden in it, but I've never seen it. Unfortunatley, it probably will spark a few money litters. :(

Seravieve
11-04-2007, 02:21 PM
I wasnt trying to be rude. Just seems like OP was acting like dogs shouldnt be on tv because they'll spawn more BYB... Like its 'Digby's fault he got cast...

People want what they think is 'cool' at the time.. well sure. Its just a fact of life. Thats all.

joycenalex
11-04-2007, 04:30 PM
as the OP, my intent was as i wrote it, 1-digby is cute,{as most dogs are in my opinion :) , just ask me about my current dogs and my sweet angel dog duke who was the perfect golden, again in my opinion.}2- the training for tv will make too many individuals, who don't research the breed before buying a dog think that goldens are always like that, sweet , calm and willing to sit still for longish periods of time and that fallacy ,will make BYBs' breed more goldens and i wish BYB-ers wouldn't do that again. it's not digbys' fault that he's just so handsome :D and it's not his fault he got cast. i enjoy watching dogs on tv, i watch every dog show i can, but i can also imagine the train wreck for the breed ahead. thanks for your input :)