PDA

View Full Version : Happy Halloween!

slleipnir
10-31-2007, 07:19 PM
Happy Halloween, everyone. Hope everyone had a good night :)

Is it just me, or have the kids changed? Tonight, a bunch of the kids who came to my door just opened their bags and looked at me. No "Trick or Treat" or anything? :rolleyes: How was it for everyone else? The pups hated it. I had to put them in a room to keep them away from the door (incase they got out. Same for the cats) the dogs howled every time they heard kids/door bell rang.

K9soul
10-31-2007, 07:40 PM
Happy Halloween everyone!

Most the kids who have been by here said trick or treat and some of them thanked me afterwards although not all of them. I was a bit surprised by a couple who grabbed at the candy bowl while I was picking some pieces out to give them though. I suppose there are always those out there with better manners than others.

RobiLee
10-31-2007, 07:46 PM
Happy Halloween!

I had a good group tonite. Lots of little ones so it was fun to watch them. Too cute! Most of them did pretty good with their thank yous also. There didn't seem to be as many kids as usual and I have quite a bit of candy left. Usually its pretty busy on my street so I found it kind of odd especially since it was such a nice evening here. Come to think about it there wasn't the usual crowd of "older kids" coming around. That might have been the difference.

AbbyMom
10-31-2007, 08:03 PM
Happy Halloween!

Yes, these days some are very rude and sulky about the whole thing and others grab at the candy bowl. I'm ready for them, though, and yank the bowl away if they try. Fortunately, where I live now, there are very few older trick or treaters.

I love the little ones in their outfits. Why are they so cute that way?

Taz_Zoee
10-31-2007, 08:20 PM
Well, its only 6:20 here, so we have only got our twin 2 1/2 year old neighbors so far. They were Cookie Monster and Snow White. Cookie Monster was more interested in my Taz slippers than the candy. LOL
But I'll let you know when it is over. We don't have a lot of candy to hand out, so it might be an early night. We usually don't get too many kids anyway.

ramanth
10-31-2007, 08:32 PM
Last year late in the evening, a few older kids with no costumes would start to crop up. Those would piss me off. Grandma didn't want to give them anything but mom gave them one piece of the "okay" candy. :p

I'm working tonight but I'm in costume. :D

KittyGurl
10-31-2007, 08:37 PM
After I was done trick or treating, I give out candy. Half the kids aren't even dressed up! Most don't say 'trick or treat' or 'Happy Halloween.' If they aren't dressed up, they get no candy.

The teenagers are rude too. Two girls and a boy came by my house. They say nothing. I put a piece of candy in their bag and they say "Ha ha! We already came by your house. You gave us extra candy, little girl." I grab the piece of candy of their bags (they have the little small basket things :confused: ) and I say "Not anymore!" They just give me a dirty look and walked away.

buttercup132
10-31-2007, 09:37 PM
Ya I think they have changed, some teenagers came to my grandparents door and he has this mask that he wear every haloween and has since I was little. He turned his abck for a second and they took it and ran off. Some kids..

dukedogsmom
10-31-2007, 09:40 PM
Happy Halloween to you! I'm at work so I didn't get to see anyone. Did you at least get to eat all the candy you wanted?

slleipnir
10-31-2007, 10:09 PM
Happy Halloween to you! I'm at work so I didn't get to see anyone. Did you at least get to eat all the candy you wanted?

Naw. Sure I WANTED to eat candy as I passed it out, but I really need to hold myself back a little :o

Kfamr
10-31-2007, 10:19 PM
Yep, things have totally changed.

We always knocked/rang the door bell and said "Trick or Treat" when they answer. After given candy, we said "Thank You, Happy Halloween!!"

I took my nephews Trick-or-Treating tonight. They were about the only kids that I heard saying Trick-or-Treat and Thank You. Barely ANY kids said thank you! :mad: I HATE when people don't say thank you. :mad:

I also hate when people leave their bowls out for kids to take their own candy and kids take ALL of it. We caught a couple kids doing that and they stopped when we walked up. :rolleyes: I always just picked 1-2 peices of my favorite and left the rest for the others. There's tons of other houses to get candy from, why hog it from everyone else??

caseysmom
10-31-2007, 10:26 PM
Mostly all of the kids have been polite, that goes from the tiny ones to the big teens, it has been a good crowd tonight....and they are still coming....

Taz_Zoee
10-31-2007, 10:54 PM
The kids I got were polite. The younger ones being prompted by the parents to say thank you. It's almost 9pm and haven't had one in the past hour. So I think we are finished.

BitsyNaceyDog
10-31-2007, 11:00 PM
We didn't have any trick-or-treaters. Part of me wishes that we lived somewhere that gets a lot of kids, I would love to see all the kids in their costumes. The other part of me is glad we don't get any, the dogs and cats would hate all the commotion.

I'm working tonight but I'm in costume. :D
Kimmy, you and Andy always have the best costumes. What were you this year? You have to post pictures.

slleipnir
10-31-2007, 11:15 PM
The kids I got were polite. The younger ones being prompted by the parents to say thank you. It's almost 9pm and haven't had one in the past hour. So I think we are finished.

There is an 8:00 curfew here for the kiddies...so no trick or treating after then

Taz_Zoee
10-31-2007, 11:24 PM
Really? I remember last year some much older kids came around right before 9.
But we are finished now. Lights and scary music are turned off.
Happy Halloween!! :D

anna_66
11-01-2007, 07:38 AM
Happy late Halloween to you!

We've never lived any where for there to be trick or treaters, plus it's our anniversary and we're never home. I miss seeing the kids in their costumes but definitely don't miss the older mean kids!

Robin I'm glad to see you handed out candy:)