PDA

View Full Version : Judge Critized For Rape Decision

lizbud
10-31-2007, 06:40 PM
I disagree with her decision, but wonder what you think about this case.

http://abcnews.go.com/TheLaw/story?id=3801167&page=1

AbbyMom
10-31-2007, 07:42 PM
When a woman says "no sex" it means "no sex." After that it's rape. It doesn't matter if she initially agreed to sex for money or because she was drunk or just being stupid and changed her mind.

IMO the judge is clueless about the nature of rape.

From Wikipedia:

Rape is a form of assault where one individual forces another to have sexual intercourse against that person’s will. Most experts believe the primary cause of rape is an aggressive desire to dominate the victim rather than an attempt to achieve sexual fulfillment.[1] They consider rape an act of violence rather than principally a sexual encounter.
In other words, the judge's idea that he was simply robbing her of what she initially agreed to is bogus.

lady_zana
11-01-2007, 06:53 AM
Prosecuting Gindraw for rape, the judge said in a subsequent newspaper interview "minimizes true rape cases and demeans women who are really raped."

HOW STUPID!! She was "really" raped...it doesn't matter if she's a prostitute or a senator. When someone forces someone else to have sex with them, it's rape. I hope the judge is reprimanded.

lizbud
11-01-2007, 06:07 PM
I guess the judge disregarded the "he held a gun to her head" part of
the victim's testimony. :rolleyes: I'm glad they re-filed the charges in
another court.

critter crazy
11-01-2007, 06:13 PM
Uuuugghhhh!!! What is wrong with this judge?? Unbelieveable!!!:eek:

-Pickle-
11-11-2007, 08:52 AM
im going to get seriously flamed for this but..
I AGREE with the judge.
why? shes a prostitute. shes put HERSELF in a dangerous game, these things happen. would she have filed a case about someone that didnt pay as 'rape'?
shes filed charges at another court. good for her.
but in my opinion, its her fault for disgracing herself in this disgusting way.

Marigold2
11-11-2007, 01:28 PM
I agree with the judge. The woman agreeded to have sex in exchange for money. When the money was not given that is robbery of a service not paid for. Rape charges would in my opinion would not be warrented. How do you rape someone who is selling a sexual acts. And how can the judge be sure who is telling the truth? When a woman is raped she never said YES, only NO. This woman did say YES, she only became angry when she wasn't paid for what she does probably several times a day,

Lilith Cherry
11-12-2007, 01:01 AM
She had a GUN held to her head and was also forced to have sex with another man... how is that consensual? Please do not be so judgemental :( - Everyone from the lowest to the highest deserves justice!