PDA

View Full Version : Somebody from Santa Ana please PM me

Catty1
10-31-2007, 04:51 PM
Today I got a newspaper article that was folded up in an envelope. It is the Sept 20 edition of the Weekly Journal - and there was no name or return address on the envelope. It was mailed from Santa Ana 92789 on October 19.

The article is a two-page spread on CHO-WA, a Japanese healing miracle.

I just want to know who it is - and to add I have not the slightest interest in CHO-WA.

Thanks.

catmandu
10-31-2007, 04:59 PM
WHATS CHO WA????
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/cat%20photos%202/cats1011382.jpg
CURIOUS LUCKY FOUND CATS ARE ASKING!!!!

G535
10-31-2007, 05:11 PM
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20070808210450AANf8Hn

Many more on Google. :)

Catty1
10-31-2007, 05:17 PM
YUP - I found that on Google...including a scam report (see thread in General). But who the **** would get my CDN address, and how would they find it?

I checked the Yahoo link G535...I have no opinion on the product one way or the other (I have my own supplement stuff that I love and trust). But their method of direct marketing I find creepy and it reminds me of chain letters!

G535
10-31-2007, 05:24 PM
Unfortunately names and addresses can be found fairly easily by those who know where to look for them, 'phone book, electoral rolls etc. There's another thread, I think it's in General, about how easy it is to find information about anyone.

Medusa
10-31-2007, 05:26 PM
Too bad that there's no name and/or return address. I don't take that stuff lightly. I turn chain letters in to the post office and make sure I tell people ahead of time that, if you want to take that risk, go ahead and send me a chain letter then. Same w/email. I have neither the time nor patience for that nonsense. You're right, it's creepy. And it makes the product suspect as well as the purveyors of it.

catmandu
10-31-2007, 05:27 PM
OOOOOOOOOOPPPPPSSSSSSSSSS!
OUR DAD MISSED THE PART ABOUT THE JAPANESE HEALING MIRACLE!!!!
SORRY ABOUT THAT CATTY1!!!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/cat%20photos%202/cats1011385.jpg
GET OUT THE PAPER BAGS KITTYS, DADS EMBARRASSED US AGAIN!!!

Catty1
10-31-2007, 05:34 PM
The mailing address on the front is handwritten as is the note inside on the 'newspaper'. I suppose someone could be checking random lists from all countries.

They spelled the name of my town incorrectly, though.

I will turn this in to the main post office tomorrow.

BTW - in my search, I found the posted resume of a graphic artist named Mike who listed work done for Cho-Wa (including the newspaper bit). I emailed him from an addy that does not have my name...sent the link to the Scam page (also in General), and suggested he remove this credit from his resume. This seems like a new scam - people HAVE received the product and used it - but it is accomplished in a questionable way.

I do have my address removed from all direct mailing company lists in Canada, but that doesn't necessarily stop everything. ;)

jnoddle
11-12-2007, 12:37 PM
i have had a weekly journal cut out, from Thursday September 20th, 2007 about Cho Wa and Tomo Tanikawa... whats it all about... it was sent from Santa Ana on the 5th November.... i live in the United Kingdom... whats going on :S

G535
11-12-2007, 10:10 PM
i have had a weekly journal cut out, from Thursday September 20th, 2007 about Cho Wa and Tomo Tanikawa... whats it all about... it was sent from Santa Ana on the 5th November.... i live in the United Kingdom... whats going on :S

I would throw it out, it's just another version of junk/scam/spam mail! :)