PDA

View Full Version : OH, for a camera!

orangemm
10-31-2007, 03:56 PM
My husband and I stopped in PetSmart today to pick up a few things and it was more crowded than we expected.

While walking down the main aisle I looked down and there perched in the seat part of a cart were not one, but TWO beautiful Birmans! They were very calm, just sitting there while their pawpie tried different holiday outfits on them! I know my jaw just dropped; they were gorgeous.

The man put hats on their heads, colorful collars with bells around their necks, and they were like putty in his hands. The one looked at me and meowed, but that was because I was talking to him. I told the man I would be clawed limb from limb if I tried that on my boys. He said that they "were used to it".

People were ooh-ing and aah-ing over these beauties and we were lucky enough to see them again, behind us in the checkout line.

Now that's something you don't see everyday!

catmandu
10-31-2007, 04:36 PM
I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN ABOUT WISHIMG YOU HAD A CAMERA AS I WAS ON A BUS WHERE A LADY HAD TWO GORGEOUS SIAMESE, ONE IN THE CARRIER , ONE OF HER SHOULDER.
THAT WOULD HAVE MADE A GREAT PICTURE OF A CAT LADY AND HER PETS.
THERE WERE TWO KITTENS IN A WINDOW , LITTLE SCRAPPIES HAVING FUN, BUT THEY MOVED BEFORE I THOUGHT TO BRING THE CAMERA.
THEY REALLY SOUND LIKE HAPPY CATS WITH A LOVING CAT DAD.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/cat%20photos%202/cats1011382.jpg
PRECIOUS ANGEL VISITS ON HALLOWEEN.

orangemm
11-01-2007, 04:34 AM
When I saw them, I thought of you, Gary...you would be the kind of "cat-dad" who would spoil and pamper your furry darlings! ;)

jenluckenbach
11-01-2007, 05:34 AM
That must have been adorable!

Killearn Kitties
11-01-2007, 05:48 AM
Oh I want to start shopping there! :D They sound wonderful cats.

KittyGurl
11-01-2007, 06:33 AM
That is amazing. I guess some cats actually like getting dressed up! ;)

jazzcat
11-01-2007, 03:34 PM
Oh, how cool! I would love to be able to do that with one of mine.

orangemm
11-02-2007, 04:46 AM
That was the first time I have ever seen cats in the store. They were lying in the seat of the cart, completely at ease, not fazed by the people around them, not spooked by the noise or commotion. No indication that they wanted to jump down and run out the door.

The only cats I would be able to take in there would be my stuffed ones. :rolleyes:

sirrahved
11-02-2007, 08:31 AM
I worked at Petsmart for a while. We had a few cat customers that were very calm during their visit. We had a couple that would even happily walk on a leash!