PDA

View Full Version : This is NOT my month

kittycats_delight
10-31-2007, 08:14 AM
As most of you know just a week ago a passed a 1 cm kidney stone after suffering for over 3 weeks with it. Well yesterday morning we(hubby & I) went to the post office to pay bills. It was raining out. He parked the car and I went to go inside. I step onto the sidewalk and proceed towards the door which is maybe 75 feet from the car. On the sidewalk there is a metal grate. The sidewalk is on a slight grade. (See where I am going with this?) I step on the grate not knowing it is like stepping on slick ice and slip sideways. I crash down hitting first my hip & thigh then twisting a little to catch myself my elbow, both hands and finally my right shoulder(which took almost all the impact). Come to find out my shoulder was dislocated and I have sever muscular bruising to my hip & thigh as well as my arm muscles as well as quite a nasty concrete burn on my elbow and lower arm. Woohoo...god I wish October was over so I can get a better start on November.

Please send some good thoughts that my string of bad luck ends and I can go without pain for awhile. I am still in big time pain with my shoulder and the muscular damage. Thanks a bunch

Michelle

Freedom
10-31-2007, 08:20 AM
Michelle, you need to get a suit like the Michelin Man, then when you tumble it won't hurt; you just bounce!

Hope you heal and feel better quickly.

kittycats_delight
10-31-2007, 08:25 AM
LMAO....OMGosh Sandie you just made my day with that hilarious statement. I could so picture it. And after this last month I would then to agree with it too. :p

Thanks for making me laugh

((((HUGS))))
Michelle

Whisk_Luva
10-31-2007, 08:30 AM
Aww ((hugs)) Michelle...

I hope November is better for you...

-Pickle-
10-31-2007, 08:33 AM
aw michelle, its not a good week for you is it? happy thoughts for you from me.

moosmom
10-31-2007, 08:34 AM
Oh Michelle,

You poor girl! I am EXTREMELY clumzy (and I'm not saying you are at all!!) and have broken my foot, twisted my ankle, and fell *** over tea kettle while moving a huge box down a steep flight of stairs. I was lucky I didn't kill myself.

You are in my thoughts and prayers honey. I hope they gave you some good pain relievers to help ease the pain of the dislocation.

((((((((HUGS))))))))))))

Donna

Taz_Zoee
10-31-2007, 09:04 AM
Michelle, I am so sorry. I hope you feel better soon. On the bright side....October is almost over!!! Just one more day (even less depending on where you are...lol).
May the rest of the year be wonderful and pain free!! :):)

Miss Z
10-31-2007, 09:11 AM
Oh Michelle, how unlucky! That must have really hurt. Positive vibes being sent for you to feel better soon.

((hugs))

pitc9
10-31-2007, 09:12 AM
OH NO!
Ouch!

Hope your luck turns around!

{{{hugs}}}

Felicia's Mom
10-31-2007, 09:12 AM
I am sorry this happened to you. Please get better soon!

sandragonfly
10-31-2007, 09:41 AM
oh no, what a delight.. did you get that dislocated shoulder fixed or popped back in? I hope it is back in the place! and you're feeling ittybitty better today...

hey, maybe you could be a michelin man for halloween?? :D ok, october IS my month, well has been :p and obviously wasn't the same for you, too bad friend. sorry things haven't been going well and now you're in pain again, take it easy and rest, rest - you can't say no to your furrnurses. ;)

get well, hope you'll get the peace very soon. (((((gentle hugs so I wouldn't dislocate you!)))))

..gina & whole furrcompanies

Blue Dragonfly
10-31-2007, 10:05 AM
Michelle, you need to get a suit like the Michelin Man, then when you tumble it won't hurt; you just bounce!

hahaha, when i read this quote i just cracked up laughing. my mum needs one of those too. she is always falling over. one time she tripped on the step in a petrol station, so she is lying on the concrete moaning. everyone was looking at us and i was just trying to get her up cause i was so embarrassed. lol. she even manages to fall up stairs, not just down.

Well october is over. hope you have a good first day of november. strap yourself up with pillows. lol. :D

Jenn&Dean
10-31-2007, 10:18 AM
:( I hope things get better for you soon, and nurse your injuries. I am sending good vibes for November to be much better for you.

orangemm
10-31-2007, 04:04 PM
Poor girl, you really did it to yourself. :( Just reading about that made me cringe; I know it hurt you worse.

Well, prop your feet up, take it easy, pop some ibuprofen (or something stronger) and feel better fast.

(((((hugs)))))

Medusa
10-31-2007, 05:36 PM
Goodness! We'll send lots of good, loving healing vibes your way.....

DrKym
10-31-2007, 05:41 PM

Had to agree with this......... I have had those months too, hoping Nov. goes a bit smoother!

catmandu
10-31-2007, 05:59 PM
THIS WILL REMIND ME TO BE CAREFUL MICHELLE AS MY BALANCE IS NONE TOO GOOD THESE DAYS AND ITS WINTER SOON. IT SOUNDS TO ME AS THOUGH THEY ARE NEGLIGENT IN NOT KEEPING THIER PROPERTY CLEAR, MAYBE A LAWYER CAN HELP.
HERES SOME MOE LUCKY FOUND PARADISE HOTEL CAT PILES, THE LAST HAS AN ANGEL VISIT.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/cat%20photos%202/cats1011383.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/cat%20photos%202/cats1011381.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/cat%20photos%202/cats1011385.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/cat%20photos%202/cats1011387.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/cat%20photos%202/cats1011386.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/cat%20photos%202/cats1011382.jpg
WE HOPE THESE MAKE YOU SMILE.

krazyaboutkatz
11-01-2007, 01:10 AM
Michelle, I'm sorry to hear this.:( I hope that you'll feel better soon and that you'll have some good luck for a change. Please take care.

joycenalex
11-01-2007, 04:04 AM
hope november is better and safer and less medical for you

kittycats_delight
11-01-2007, 09:33 AM
Thank you all for the wonderful well wishes and prayers and good thoughts they are very much appreciated. Now to answer a few questions. My shoulder has been popped back in place and I have to wear a sling for the next 7 days. I wasn't given any pain meds but was told something over the counter would work fine. The worse part now is the muscles spasms. The way the doctor described what happened with the muscles and tendens is this...he said it was like if you take a rubber band and stretch it out and snap it back very quickly and with extreme force. So I should expect to have muscle spasms for the next 4 or 5 days maybe more. I certainly hope not cause the spasms are terrible and it seizes both the bicep and the tricep at the same time. Not fun.

I again want to thank you all for being so kind and wonderful.

((((hugs))))
Michelle