PDA

View Full Version : Poor Casper (some Not So Pretty Pics) UPDATE

Reachoutrescue
10-31-2007, 12:04 AM
I am sure you all remember Beautiful, the pittie rescue I have that gave birth in June to 7 puppies. Well Casper is one of her babies. He is all white (with some brown spots on his ears) and he is deaf. Casper was suppose to go live with my brother, but we ended up finding him another home, which we thought was perfect. The man had trained dogs for years and his background check was wonderful. I went to do a random visit on Casper last week and the neighbors told me that the man was back on drugs...I never knew he did drugs in the first place! I fianlly got a hold of the man and demanded to see Casper. When I did I was destroyed! Casper has been neglected for who knows how long. He is very skinny and has Demodectic Mange. He is not trained at all. He was kept crated most of the last month and a half and when he wasn't crated the neighbors said the man just let him do whatever he wanted. Casper shows signs of abuse. He cowers to our touch and hides alot. Needless to say, I took him back. I had to get the authorities involve in this because he refused to give him up. Well the cops took my side and arrested him on drug charges. Casper is now with me. He has been with me since Thursday afternoon. He was taken to the vet as soon as I got him and diagnosed with Mange and malnutrition. He had his first Dip on Friday 10/26. He goes back on the 9th for his second. We start training with him on Friday 11/02 with a very nice lady who is deaf and has 2 deaf pittie/bull dog mixes. She has been training for years. Casper will remain with us until he is well enough to go to a new home. We are going to triple screen the next possible home....if we even let him leave! He is such a lover, but so scared. I am praying I can make him trust again. Here are some pictures of the lil' guy.

Here you can see the spots around his eyes.
http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n194/Reachoutrescue/assortedpics004-2.jpg

Some on his face.
http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n194/Reachoutrescue/assortedpics003-2.jpg

Other side of his face. If you look good, you can see some on his chest and front paw as well.
http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n194/Reachoutrescue/assortedpics002-2.jpg

His back is the worst and his collar area, but he was getting nervous with us holding him, so I stopped taking pictures. This poor baby, why would anybody do such a thing?

critter crazy
10-31-2007, 12:07 AM
Oooo....poor sweet sweet baby!!! Ugghhhh....some poeple!!:mad: I am so glad you got him back!! He is in great hands now!!

Aspen and Misty
10-31-2007, 12:09 AM
He is the cutest little baby in the world!! I love his nose. I'm so sorry people have treated him badly, poor baby!! I'm glad you got to him when you did though. You did everything possible before adopting him out, this wasn't your fault. Poor little guy.

Thank you, thank you for saving him.

Ashley

Reachoutrescue
10-31-2007, 12:21 AM
He is the cutest little baby in the world!! I love his nose. I'm so sorry people have treated him badly, poor baby!! I'm glad you got to him when you did though. You did everything possible before adopting him out, this wasn't your fault. Poor little guy.

Thank you, thank you for saving him.

Ashley
Thank you for your kind words. It sure does feel horrible. I raised this little guy since before he was born. I did everything in my power to ensure a safe and happy home for him. But I feel like I failed. All I can do now is make it right in Casper's eyes. I will do EVERYTHING I can to be 10,000% sure he is safe for the rest of his days. I will not let him down again.

ScottieMommy
10-31-2007, 04:58 AM
Ahhh poor little one, sure is cute tho.

chocolatepuppy
10-31-2007, 05:09 AM
But I feel like I failed.
Darn it, you do so much for these dogs and try so hard for them and then this happens. :( It's not you fault. Pawsitive thoughts and prayers that sweet Casper gets all better soon and his training goes well. I know with your care and love he will be a trusting pup again.

WELOVESPUPPIES
10-31-2007, 05:50 AM
Thank you for your kind words. It sure does feel horrible. I raised this little guy since before he was born. I did everything in my power to ensure a safe and happy home for him. But I feel like I failed. All I can do now is make it right in Casper's eyes. I will do EVERYTHING I can to be 10,000% sure he is safe for the rest of his days. I will not let him down again.

You did not let Casper down, the gentleman who threw him aside after adopting him to get high let him down. You did what you were suppose to do with screening and everything, you had no way of knowing he had been a druggy and was going to take up that lifestyle again. You have saved many babies, you do a wonderful thing for these pups that might otherwise have been PTS (maybe even just because of their breed, sad to say :( ). You give them a fresh start, you are a wonderful person for doing what you do. Once Casper has settled in I think he will regain his confidence in humans because of the love and patience he will receive in your household. Please give that little pup some snuggles from me.

God bless you for all that you do.
Traci

pitc9
10-31-2007, 07:21 AM
TRACY.....YOU DID NOT FAIL CASPER!!!!!

The jacka$$ that went back on drugs failed Casper!!!

You have him now and he's safe, all that matters now is that he heals up and gets better.

{{{hugs}}}

lizbud
10-31-2007, 01:17 PM
You did not let Casper down, the gentleman who threw him aside after adopting him to get high let him down. You did what you were suppose to do with screening and everything, you had no way of knowing he had been a druggy and was going to take up that lifestyle again. You have saved many babies, you do a wonderful thing for these pups that might otherwise have been PTS (maybe even just because of their breed, sad to say :( ). You give them a fresh start, you are a wonderful person for doing what you do. Once Casper has settled in I think he will regain his confidence in humans because of the love and patience he will receive in your household. Please give that little pup some snuggles from me.

God bless you for all that you do.
Traci

I was going to say pretty much this same thing. I do hope this poor little
guy gets every break & recovers 100% from the abuse & mistreatment.
Please give this pup a kiss for luck from me, o.k.?

*LabLoverKEB*
10-31-2007, 01:33 PM
Oh no! Poor baby... No doggie deserves to be treated that way. :( :mad: Casper is just too cute, keep us updated! I'm, so glad you decided to go and check on him when you did! :)

luvofallhorses
10-31-2007, 01:43 PM
that poor baby! :( People make me sick. :mad: thank God he is safe with you and please give him a kiss for me. he is beautiful.

Freedom
10-31-2007, 04:18 PM
Oh no, poor doggie. Also LUCKY doggie, as he is back safe with you!

Casper is young and with some luck and PT prayers, he will remember you and come around quickly for you; learn that was a very bad chapter in his life and it is over. How long was he away from you?

*pttt* (blowing kisses to Casper, as he isn't into hugs just now.)

DrKym
10-31-2007, 05:53 PM
I cant see the pics?

kimlovescats
11-01-2007, 02:37 PM
What a beautiful baby, and so sad!!! I am so happy that you checked back on his new owner .... that was a great thing to do, and now he is safe again!

Hugs,
Kim

Suki Wingy
11-01-2007, 02:54 PM
awww, poor Casper boy! :( He's lucky he has a rescuer who's so responsible. Good on you for checking up on him there in his new home! He is pretty cute though, and once you get him socialized I'm sure he won't be too hard to re-place.

Reachoutrescue
11-02-2007, 01:36 PM
I just wanted to update everybody on Casper. He is doing well. He is getting better with us touching him, but still a bit timid. He is so funny though....he runs like a pony! He gallops all over the place...he is just too cute! He jumps up on me when I walk in the room as well. But if I go to pet him he backs away still. He goes for his first training session tonight at 7pm. I will let you all know how that goes....it should be interesting!!

cassiesmom
11-02-2007, 01:59 PM
Awwww, Casper! Good luck at your training class and I hope your skin heals very fast. fffffooooofff - that is a kiss blown to you from me because Freedom said you aren't into hugs right now.

Animalhouse26
11-02-2007, 02:07 PM
Poor baby! I Hate stuff like this! :-( I have rehomed some fosters, and I have yet to see any of them.. I am worried to I guess. I have emailed back and forth and such.. But, that is it. I Hope you all keep him,so he has no more trouble!

Daisy and Delilah
11-02-2007, 03:44 PM
Awwwwww......Tracy, you have such a big heart and you're such a great person!! Don't ever feel like you've failed this little guy. He is such a sweetheart and God Bless You for getting him back and making sure he gets well and lives a good life. Kisses to him from me. I know you'll make the little fella come around. You're so good!!! :)

KittyGurl
11-03-2007, 10:50 AM
Poor Casper. That is horrible!! :mad: Casper looks so sweet. Why would anyone do a thing like that!?

Any update on the training classes?

Reachoutrescue
11-06-2007, 11:38 AM
Thank you everybody for all of your nice comments. You guys and gals are too sweet! The training went very well. Casper learned "Sit" in sign language in an hour and a half!! He also now knows "come" and is currently learning "down". It is remarkable how fast he is picking up the hand signals. He is very smart. He is still having trouble with the house breaking, but he will come around I am sure. He is a remarkable pup!!

KittyGurl
11-06-2007, 11:56 AM
He is a fast learner! Glad the classes went well. Good job, Casper! :D