PDA

View Full Version : It's True - I've Lost My Mind - Meet Tucker***** New Pictures Post #34

4 Dog Mother
10-30-2007, 11:57 AM
Now most of you know that I already have five dogs and some of you will remember that my daughter and her children (3 & 1) and 3 dogs are now living with me. So isn't my life crazy enough? Evidently not because I went away for the weekend with my parents and sister and brother-in-law and look what I brought home.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid225/p493ae03bbad65bcab5a3ffb9d23d6900/e77d9ed5.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid225/p570a960bdd11858860e57dccb0723f98/e77d9ec1.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid225/paa2089fcc0a22c1e51cd69156abfb241/e77d9ec2.jpg

lute
10-30-2007, 12:02 PM
What a dollbaby! Name? Where did this cutie come from!!! Oh yeah, CONGRATS on the new addition!

shais_mom
10-30-2007, 12:05 PM
ohhh my golly!
at first I thought I was seeing things from surgery but nope!!
so where's Carl moving too? :p
what a cutie
I'm going to have to come visit!

lizbud
10-30-2007, 12:14 PM
Oh Diana, :D I must admit I'm a real softy when it comes to puppies.
I try to get no closer than a picture to keep me out of trouble. :) What
a little sweetie pie. HI Tucker. :D

4 Dog Mother
10-30-2007, 12:18 PM
Yeah, Staci I knew you and many others will be shocked. As I said, I've lost my mind but I also fell in love with this little guy. I have named him Tucker and I think that is what it will stay. He is suppose to be Jack Russel - purebred broken coated. I didn't believe them but it didn't matter - he is only suppose to get to about 12 lbs. I hope they at least didn't lie about that. I wanted a small dog. It's been a long time since I have had a baby dog. All the others have been 4-6 months or older when we got them. Oreo was our last puppy puppy and that was what 17 years ago or so.

Right now he weights 2lbs. 7 oz. He was born August 10 so he is about 11 weeks old. He's just so cute. And so far he has been real good. I put him in a carrier crate that we have for Pippi - it's plenty big enough for him. He has slept all night both nights we have had him. The other dogs don't quite know what to make of him. Snoopy especially. Snoops won't leave him be. He keeps trying to clean his ears like he does the others but of course for his little guy that means a bath and Tucker gets irritated after a few seconds of that. To keep him safe he is always in a crate - we put him in one of the bigger ones when every one is out - except of course when I can keep a very close watch on him and the others including the kids. I take him to work during the day.

Of course, Jasmine and Dominic love him but they think he is little enough for them to carry etc so that is something we are trying to teach them not to do.

Staci, you have to be talking to someone to know if they moving out - however, I think he thinks I should be the one to go. Actually after the initial shock, he is getting use to the idea. Not joyously but he doesn't glare at me all the time now.

Ginger's Mom
10-30-2007, 12:20 PM
OMG, what a cutie pie. What breed(s) is he? Where did you find him, or did he find you? He looks so young; how old is that little pumpkin? Can we see more pictures, please? :D

ETA: Oops, I'm sorry I must have been typing when you posted. But the last question still stands. ;)

Cinder & Smoke
10-30-2007, 12:43 PM
I've Lost My Mind - Meet Tucker

Ohhhhh ... My ... Gosh !!! :D

MOM's got a New PUPPIE!!

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid225/paa2089fcc0a22c1e51cd69156abfb241/e77d9ec2.jpg

Carl prolly sould be nominated for SAINThood!
He and Glacier's Stuart should get together and trade notes.

I'll Dawg - Sit!! ... Whudda **BLAST** that would be!

Tucker sure is a CUTIE-Pie ... what's his "story"?

GONGRATZ, Mom!!

:D

cassiesmom
10-30-2007, 12:45 PM
The picture of the beautiful girl and the darling puppy does it for me ... Welcome, Tucker!!!

kimlovescats
10-30-2007, 12:55 PM
Welcome home, little Tucker! I am partial to that name, as that was my all-time heart kitty's name!!!!

He sure is a cutie pie, and I can smell the puppy breath from here! :D

Kim

pitc9
10-30-2007, 01:18 PM
I was LOL when I read Staci's post and asked "Where's Carl moving to?"

Oh Diana, he's too cute! I can't wait to meet him!
Did he come from a shelter?

ScottieMommy
10-30-2007, 01:30 PM
Ahhh what a cutie! I only have one doggie my Scottie looking to bring home a new puppy soon. Possibly a Cairn Terrier puppy for xmas NOT sure yet, have not decided on the breed.

Taz_Zoee
10-30-2007, 01:32 PM
Welcome to PT Tucker!! You are such a cutie!!! :D

joycenalex
10-30-2007, 01:38 PM
wow! a puppy! please tell carl, from me, it's very easy to train a puppy when the more senior dog pack members are so well behaved and wonderful as yours are. tucker will be a joy, and if carl wants to stay here for a few weeks, i have many things that he can do around here to keep busy, and the couch folds out into a comfy bed....but princess peanut will try to join him... :D

cyber-sibes
10-30-2007, 02:04 PM
:D Welcome Tucker! :D
What a little cutie! Jasmine looks THRILLED!
Diana, what good is having a mind if you can't loose it once in a while? ;)
Bless you, St. Carl.

dukedogsmom
10-30-2007, 02:05 PM
Tucker, you are an absolute doll! Welcome to PT.

Freedom
10-30-2007, 03:31 PM
Gracious, whatever are we going to do with you? A "four dog mom" with 6 dogs? He is adorable and sounds like he is fitting in quite well. Of course, that helps, he he.

Rachel
10-30-2007, 03:41 PM
Oh my goodness, you are a brave soul to take on raising a puppy, but one look at little Tucker, and I can certainly see what prompted this decision. I've always wanted a JRT myself and since I already have a *Tucker*, you know you have my approval of the name. Congratulations on the new addition to your family and like Ginger's Mom, I'm eager for more details.

ramanth
10-30-2007, 06:06 PM
He's so cute!! Congrats!! Welcome to the family Tucker. :D

chocolatepuppy
10-30-2007, 06:37 PM
Tucker,you are so cute! :D

Tollers-n-Dobes
10-30-2007, 09:38 PM
Congratulations! He's adorable. :D

anna_66
10-31-2007, 05:23 AM
He's too cute! I totally see why you fell in love with him Diana:D

I'm glad to hear Carl is coming around!

Welcome to PT Tucker!!!

RobiLee
10-31-2007, 05:26 AM
Awww, he is adorable! Yep, you have completely lost your mind...lol...but I think you have lost it in a good way ;). Tucker is just too cute and I can't wait to meet him in person.

I may be adding a new addition myself so we can just lose our minds together :p . My parents are so dead set against it that I haven't even told them what I am going to do...lol.

Pam
10-31-2007, 05:41 AM
Well you have a support group here of many people who have lost their minds! LOL! You are among friends. ;) Tucker is absolutely precious. I can't wait to hear the story about how he came into your life. The picture of Jasmine with Tucker just melts me. I know scenes like that will have your hubby turning into mush real soon. :p

Cincy'sMom
10-31-2007, 09:49 AM
He was born August 10 so he is about 11 weeks old.

I think this is a sign you were meant to gt him...you have never known the dogs's real birthdays before, but always picked a close family memeber's Bday to remember it. Well, Aug. 10 is Amber's birthday, the first of your adopted daughters! You'vassigned dogs tot he rest of us...time to move on to the adopted family!!

He sure is a cutie! Can't wait to see him!

shais_mom
10-31-2007, 11:18 AM
glad to hear it MOM! :D

4 Dog Mother
10-31-2007, 12:42 PM
I haven't been able to get many pictures of him. Either one of the kids is blocking the view or one of the dogs. Or he just plain moves on me. He is so darn cute and while he understands what he is suppose to do outside he does not get he is suppose to wait until he is outside. The only good thing about that is everything is little about him.

He still is sleeping quite well at night. His little crate is in our room and although he will fuss a little he stops very quickly.

As to how I got him, we were at a flea market and even though I am pretty sure he came from a puppy mill or back yard breeder, I couldn't resist. He was the last of his litter of four and I simply could not stop myself. And those of you that want tell me how wrong that was, I know all the arguments and all the whys why I should not have gotten him. But I looked into his eyes and all that went out the window. I know I will take as good as or better care of him than anyone else who might have bought him. The vet says he can overcome his bad start in life by a good home that offers him good nutrition and good care and I will give him that. All my others have been rescues and while I don't regret that I often wish I knew them when they were baby puppies and what they looked like. I didn't buy him right away, I walked around the rest of the flea market and then later went back to get him. And I am not sorry I did.

lizbud
10-31-2007, 01:04 PM
Hey, you don't have to explain anything to me, I LOVE him too. :) Hope
you are able to get a few snapshots soon, so you can update your sig. I'd
love to see the little guy next to the bigger furkids. :D Hugs to baby Tucker.

Daisy and Delilah
10-31-2007, 01:04 PM
Nobody could resist that little guy!! He is so adorable :D

Welcome to PT, Tucker :) I can't wait to see you grow up. :)

Cinder & Smoke
10-31-2007, 01:20 PM
I am pretty sure he came from a puppy mill or back yard breeder, I couldn't resist.
He was the last of his litter of four ....

:)

Sounds like a RESCUE to me! ;)

It's not like ya went there to "buy a dawg" ...

As for St. Carl ... I'd bet the minute you walk out the door lil Tucker
get *tucked* into Carl's lap!

Looks like we've got a new Table-Top Dawg for the Findlay Dawg Park!

cassiesmom
10-31-2007, 01:29 PM
I know I will take as good as or better care of him than anyone else who might have bought him. The vet says he can overcome his bad start in life by a good home that offers him good nutrition and good care and I will give him that.

Sounds like a perfect rescue to me :D

Looks like we've got a new Table-Top Dawg for the Findlay Dawg Park!
How big does a JRT grow? I'm wondering if Tucker will be too big for the table top by next Memorial Day.

Cinder & Smoke
10-31-2007, 03:09 PM
How big does a JRT grow?
I'm wondering if Tucker will be too big for the table top by next Memorial Day.

Naw ... he'll be just the Rite Size ...

After all, Snoopy and Cinder both manage to "fit" up there.

4 Dog Mother
10-31-2007, 05:20 PM
Phred is right - size is irrevelent to the picnic tables at the dog park. However Jack Russells are small in size. A good many are less than 20 lbs. I was told that Tucker should be about 12 lbs. Our Pippi who is part Jack Russell is about 18 lbs.

Pam
10-31-2007, 07:28 PM
As to how I got him, we were at a flea market and even though I am pretty sure he came from a puppy mill or back yard breeder, I couldn't resist. He was the last of his litter of four and I simply could not stop myself.

You won't get any criticism from me. You helped a little cutie find a wonderful home and to me that is what matters. My Andy came from a yard sale. My mom saw him and called me up and insisted I come and see him. I did not wake up that morning intending to add a cat to my household :) but how in the world could I have walked away after seeing that adorable little 2 lb. bundle of fluffy white fur so I know exactly what you mean! :)

4 Dog Mother
11-01-2007, 09:33 AM
Here is Tucker at work with me
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid225/p8d9a3a635d5ac48e2ea0419de9dca7d5/e77a3bca.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid225/pb1f4ce815abafed95c1c690bcc9e47ff/e77a3bcb.jpg

And here is Tucker in Dazzi's kennel where he is when we can't keep our eye one him
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid225/p55e456595fae0746a5e24c6499fd5119/e77a3b8e.jpg

Cincy'sMom
11-01-2007, 09:40 AM
Awww!! He looks like such a soft little fuzz ball!!

lizbud
11-01-2007, 12:42 PM
Aww, that "play safe" cage is perfect for him to hang out in. Look how
tiny he is. :D Hugs little Tucker. :D

pitc9
11-01-2007, 01:34 PM
Oh yeah, he's perfect table top size for the dog park!

I can't wait to meet the new guy!

Lori Jordan
11-01-2007, 01:55 PM
What an adorable addition!I stay clear of puppies anymore,I have 5 very needy pooches lol!

kimlovescats
11-01-2007, 02:11 PM
I'm glad to hear that Tucker is doing well! You and I are going through the same fun puppy stage thing together now! Henna is the same as Tucker ... even goes on command outside, but hasn't quite figured out that it's not appropriate IN the house! :eek:

Kfamr
11-01-2007, 02:14 PM
He sure is cute. :) Congrats!

Husky_mom
11-02-2007, 02:05 PM
I soooo missed this..... luckily I found it!!

what a cutie pie he is!!! I know how hard wouldīve it been to resist that face.... tooo hard..... gladly you couldnīt resist him......

I soo wish I could loose my mind soon......

congrats and welcome Tucker!! love your coat buddy!!

Robin: a new addition? loosing your mind?? any hints??? ;) we wanna know!!

cassiesmom
11-02-2007, 02:07 PM
Here is Tucker at work with me

Awwwwe, Tucker, cutie! It's a good thing you aren't at work with me - I would not be able to get any work done because you are so adorable I'd be giving you hugs and snuggles all the time.

k9krazee
11-02-2007, 07:08 PM
Oh Diana he is SOOOO cute!! I can't wait to meet the little bugger! :D :D Congratulations!

captain
11-03-2007, 12:08 AM
Diana!!!
OMGoodness!! I seem to remember posts saying " I WILL NOT get another dog, Carl would divorce me" - and that was before JACK I believe :-)

What a darlin!!!!! (I meant Tucker, not Carl :p ) - oh OK, and Carl ....

Congrats!

ScottieMommy
11-03-2007, 09:20 AM
Goodness what a cutie! What kind of puppy? Also where did you get the cutie?

Chilli
11-03-2007, 03:53 PM
How did I miss this?!
Just look at that face! Can a pup get much cuter than that? =]
Congratulations and welcome to PT, Tucker!

shais_mom
11-03-2007, 04:48 PM
what a CUTIE!!! :D
and you don't have to explain yourself to me either!!
I agree with phred - sounds like a rescue to me!!!
let me know when I can come visit!!!
once I get in and sat down me and my 4 legs should be fine!! :D

4 Dog Mother
11-04-2007, 01:15 PM
You're welcome anytime, Staci! We all have colds right now - Amy and Ralph wouldn't even come down for his birthday this weekend cause they don't want to ruin their trip to Florida next week. But if you feel like risking it - I think we are all on our way to being better, come ahead. Otherwise I get off at 3 every day.

And Captain, isn't that just like a man always threatening something you know he won't do? Although if I wasn't a little unsure we probably would have added the others a little sooner. I just have to build up my courage again after the last addition. But now for sure unless something would happen to a friend or family member I won't be adding any pups!

shais_mom
11-04-2007, 04:01 PM
well maybe I'll wait until closer to the end of the week! ;)
don't forget to change the number under your user name and Karen might be able to change your user name for you and not lose your posts, people have done it before

wolf_Q
11-04-2007, 08:11 PM
Tucker is very cute! Congratulations! :) He looks a bit like a spaniel to me with those fluffy ears, he's adorable. :)

K9karen
11-04-2007, 09:47 PM
:eek: I missed this? :o

I think you guys are awesome! What a wonderful life widdle Tucker is going to have! Good thing you went to that flea market! Good Save Diana! Congratulations! Please smother (gently) Tucker with tons of kisses for me! He's precious!

Cinder & Smoke
11-16-2007, 02:12 AM
Tucker & Friends entertained a dinner gueast at the Kuhn Ranch today -
(Thursday, November 15, 2007) ...

Miz Staci ventured north to check out Diana's newest FurKid >>>

Guess Who I got to meet?

TUCKER !!! Of 5/6 Dog mom's newest addition!! :D
He is sooooo cute and sooooo tiny!!:)
I think 'Kota poops bigger than him!!
I also got to read to Jasmine and Dominic. Diana pointed out to Jasmine that I wasn't there to see her and she said "yes she is!"

Rock-a-bye-baby
http://shim1.shutterfly.com/procgserv/47b7cf34b3127cce9854b31fc4d100000027109Qas2bFs1g
All the dogs save for Taggert - were on my lap at one time or another.
I had Sierra and Destiny up there BOTH at one time
And Dakota couldn't be left out so she made herself at home!
http://shim1.shutterfly.com/procgserv/47b7cf34b3127cce9854b31c45e200000027109Qas2bFs1g

just a little handful
http://shim1.shutterfly.com/procgserv/47b7cf34b3127cce9854b31bc4d500000027109Qas2bFs1g

http://shim1.shutterfly.com/procgserv/47b7cf34b3127cce9854b30dc4c300000027109Qas2bFs1g

Here's the link for the rest of the Tucker Visit pics not posted above ...

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/...d=9Qas2bFs1UcZg

And here's the Visit Thread "Guess Who I got to meet?"
at: http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=136112