PDA

View Full Version : The bird rescues of today........

DrKym
10-28-2007, 09:20 PM
I and 2 other fosters went to pick up a total of 127 birds, I took in 11. All wild and all not handled.................so much for the theory that birds don't l;ike human contact, see pics below

DrKym
10-29-2007, 12:33 AM
pics added now LOL

Aspen and Misty
10-29-2007, 12:56 AM
127 birds :eek: :eek:

Geez! Thank you so much for saving these babies!! I loved the pics and I'm glad you are able to handle them. I hope new homes come along soon and they will each get all the love and attention they deserve!

Ashley

jenluckenbach
10-29-2007, 06:08 AM
I agree.... :eek: WOW! 127! shocking.

I am glad you were able to take so many. Do they get aopted relatively easily?

Taz_Zoee
10-29-2007, 09:41 AM
Awwwww.

DrKym
10-29-2007, 10:10 AM
I agree.... :eek: WOW! 127! shocking.

I am glad you were able to take so many. Do they get aopted relatively easily?

We can relatively easily adopt out tiels and lovebirds, they will all be quarantined and vetted first (those that are in question of sex will be SS *surgically sexed*) Then we will place them on the website and begin looking for forever homes. Many of them will be tamed, I am sure a few will always remain flighty and will be adopted out with same sex flock to enjoy their life in a home that isn't expecting a cuddle bug but is looking to share their life with singers!

11 isn't many I felt badly that that was all we had room for, Barb one of my fosters had both her bird rooms open she took 84! :eek: Good thing her hubby Kevin helps out LOL.

moosmom
10-29-2007, 12:07 PM
Thank God those precious babies have you!! They're in good hands now.

ScottieMommy
10-29-2007, 01:55 PM
Ahhh i always had a soft spot for birds they are wonderful. I have had over 6 Cockatiels, 2 Parakeets and 2 Lovebirds they are wonderful, and all loved to nest :P

DrKym
10-29-2007, 03:06 PM
Yeah it is the nesting that got them into rescue, they will all be placed in same sex pairs! No more baby birdies for these birdies!

ScottieMommy
10-29-2007, 05:11 PM
Yeah it is the nesting that got them into rescue, they will all be placed in same sex pairs! No more baby birdies for these birdies!

Dont worry the mother had them for over 3 months and they NEVER hatched! They where never fertilized i just let them in the box because she loved to nest and the Lovebirds ONLY had one egg that lasted forever, again none ever hatched and when i found them a home the eggs where trown out :confused: