PDA

View Full Version : Me

jenluckenbach
10-28-2007, 08:22 PM
I cut my hair and was tying to get a good photo to show it off. But you can't really SEE the haircut.

But this one with Little Kim is kind of cute.

(I also added the other 2 attempts. Not bad, but you can't really SEE the hair. (too dark))

G535
10-28-2007, 08:33 PM
Looks good!

I cut my own hair too, saves heaps at the hairdressers.

jennielynn1970
10-28-2007, 08:37 PM
So, you've got a lot of natural curl! I like the cut! Where did you go to get it done?? I go to Unlimited Hair Designs in the old Orrs building, the bottom floor by the Bethlehem Brew Works lounge. Course, I'm the one flat ironing my hair to get all the natural curl out of it lately, lol.

doolittleky
10-28-2007, 09:05 PM
Jenn, I love your new do! I think it looks great!
Melissa

Grace
10-28-2007, 09:55 PM
Oh, I like it - very flattering! More importantly, how do the cats, and your husband like it?

krazyaboutkatz
10-28-2007, 10:55 PM
Jen, It looks great.:) I also have naturally curly hair but mine is very fine and thin so I also had my hair cut shorter a few weeks ago and it's layered all over to bring out my natural curl better.:) I still have to put some hair products in it to help make it less frizzy and more curly though.;)

Karen
10-28-2007, 11:17 PM
Looks good! My monitor is very bright, so I can see it fine!

shais_mom
10-29-2007, 12:51 AM
I think it looks just fine! :D
the waves look nice.
its a lot longer than it used to be!!

orangemm
10-29-2007, 04:26 AM
Jen, it's really cute! Makes you look younger! :) Did you cut it yourself?

Nice job.

ETA: you people with curly hair make me so jealous! I would KILL for curly hair.

jenluckenbach
10-29-2007, 05:52 AM
Jen, it's really cute! Makes you look younger! :) Did you cut it yourself?

Nice job.

ETA: you people with curly hair make me so jealous! I would KILL for curly hair.

I cut it myself. I HATE spending money at a hair salon!!! So I only go to a salon if I need to have something I did wrong, fixed. :rolleyes:

And you can have MY curls, I hate them. Too hard to control And I don't like to fuss with my hair. I like wash and go. But my waves have a mind of their own!

CultureJunky
10-29-2007, 05:57 AM
Hey that's great, I have to admit I wouldn't have the guts to cut my own hair even though it'd save money from the hairdressers, I think it looks great and it's a good style that suits you very well. Well done Jen!

catmandu
10-29-2007, 09:49 AM
THERE WAS A COSUMER REPORT ON WHY THINGS ARE MORE EXPENSIVE FOR LADIES AND HAIR DRESSING SALONS CAME UNDER A LOT OF HEAT FOR CHARGING MEN ONE PRICE AND LADIES AS MUCH AS THREE TIMES AS MUCH FOR ESSENTIALLY THE SAME HAIR CUT.
GOD FOR YOU JEN.
I JUST GO AND HAVE MY HAED SHAVED AT THE 5 DOLLAR PLACE, IM TOO OLD TO CARE WHAT I LOOK LIKE.
YOUR KIM LOOKS SO SWEET, IS SHE STILL A LITTLE BEGGAR AT HEART????
:) :rolleyes: :cool: :p ;) :D :cool: :rolleyes: :) ;)

Freedom
10-29-2007, 11:28 AM
Jen, this new "do" looks great on you! Suits your face, and the curls, aw! Super job.

catfamily
10-29-2007, 06:30 PM
I was a full time hairstylist for about 25 years and i think you did it so well it looks VERY professional.
Now that i can't work anymore because of my back problems...Mike does mine.
he colors it too.he learns fast. ;) :rolleyes:
By the way...your very pretty.your cat little kim is a great added accessary too :)

jenluckenbach
10-29-2007, 06:40 PM
I was a full time hairstylist for about 25 years and i think you did it so well it looks VERY professional.
:)
Thanks!

So let me tell you the secret. I could never cut the back by myself, under normal circumstances. but many, MANY years ago I read something in a "teen" type magazine that I always wanted to try. But at that time, was too afraid to. It stuck with me all these years, and I recently attempted it. ;)

To get the perfect layered cut, gather all your hair into a pony tail at the top of your head. Then just cut straight across at the length you want (short or long, you decide). And with my hair, you have probably seen the shaved area underneath, in the back. It is still there, I do that myself with an electric clippers and a mirror.

But even after all these years, I have not found a hairstyle that I am 100% in love with. :(

catfamily
10-29-2007, 07:28 PM
Thanks!

So let me tell you the secret. I could never cut the back by myself, under normal circumstances. but many, MANY years ago I read something in a "teen" type magazine that I always wanted to try. But at that time, was too afraid to. It stuck with me all these years, and I recently attempted it. ;)

To get the perfect layered cut, gather all your hair into a pony tail at the top of your head. Then just cut straight across at the length you want (short or long, you decide). And with my hair, you have probably seen the shaved area underneath, in the back. It is still there, I do that myself with an electric clippers and a mirror.

But even after all these years, I have not found a hairstyle that I am 100% in love with. :(
That really IS a great way to do a layered cut if you have to do it yourself :)

jennielynn1970
10-29-2007, 07:35 PM
You're braver than I am. I can't even draw a straight line... I can't imagine trying to cut one!

jazzcat
10-30-2007, 10:55 AM
Nice "do"! Wish I could have a few of your curls.