PDA

View Full Version : The Time is right now!

gini
08-07-2002, 09:54 AM
In the past few weeks and probably throughout the life of Pet Talk, we have had so much illness and loss of our pets. It is just the nature of things.

I have sat at this computer desk with a very sick kitty on my lap, Patches. I ultimately lost her to kidney disease.

Rascal loves to sit on my lap when I am at the computer. It is a little difficult because he is a large orange tabby. So I try to get close enough to the desk so there is just enough room for him and he is supported partially by the desk. But I have to keep my legs and feet up a bit, so my lap is more flat. Sometimes it hurts having my legs in that position, but I don't move them.

As I looked down at him this morning - my beautiful boy, four, going to be five in September - it dawned on me that the Time is right now!!

He is in such good health, no more fleas or abscesses. After a few years of constant reassurance that he is "safe" and well loved, he has a trust in me that is awesome.

He is such a good boy (aside from the territorial spraying) and he just loves company. Heaven help you if you dont' like cats. He takes it as a challenge to change that attitude.

So my time with Rascal is RIGHT NOW and I hope for years to come.

Former User
08-07-2002, 09:59 AM
Good post Gini, and I agree. I guess I've been feeling the same lately, as I've been more with Casper and Kitty and less on the comp ;). It's just that you are not getting back the lost time, and while we can, better make the best out of what we have.

Gini, I'm sure Rascal and you have years and years together, as I have with my 'rascals'. We better enjoy then fully!

Edwina's Secretary
08-07-2002, 10:14 AM
Gini....so true isn't it? Too much fussin' and not enough lovin'. Or as my favorite fictional character, Auntie Mame said..."Life is a banquet and too many poor fools are starving to death. Live, Live Live!"
Sara

Sudilar
08-07-2002, 11:09 AM
As also in Killian's case (liver disease) the time is right now.....

NoahsMommy
08-07-2002, 12:30 PM
I totally agree! I have been going home at lunch just to see our cats...can I tell you how much better my mood is when I return to work??? They are my angels! :)

zippy-kat
08-07-2002, 09:50 PM
I try to get close enough to the desk so there is just enough room for him and he is supported partially by the desk.
This kinda gives a new meaning to desktop support, eh? ;)

And you are soooo right--THE TIME IS NOW!!!!
Unless, you are speaking of making the bed...and then, of course, the time is later....

(Gini and I have a sort of "inside" make-the-bed joke--you can't make the bed if the cat's on it! ;) I'm sure there are others out there who agree! lol )

gini
08-08-2002, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by zippy-kat

(Gini and I have a sort of "inside" make-the-bed joke--you can't make the bed if the cat's on it! ;) I'm sure there are others out there who agree! lol )

I was always raised to make the bed first thing in the morning. When Rascal is all stretched out on the mussed up blankets - it is the best excuse to just leave it! :) :) We can't disturb the kitty you know!!:) :)

Pam
08-17-2002, 11:15 AM
Gini I just saw this right now and have to agree with you fully. Animals' lives are far too short and we often take their good health for granted. When my Ashley got sick it came on so suddenly. Within two weeks she was at the Rainbow Bridge. You are so right - the time IS right now!

Oh, and I too have a furry friend by the name of Andy on my lap when I am at the computer. I find if I sort of cross my legs it elevates him a little so he isn't laying on a slant and being uncomfortable. In the meantime my leg goes to sleep but that's OK!
:rolleyes:

krazyaboutkatz
08-17-2002, 10:37 PM
What a great thread Gini. I also missed this one before. At the moment all three of my babies are also very healthy. I almost lost Pepper last year because he was very sick. I now appreciate every day I have with him and with Storm and Sunny. I'm trying to spend as much time with them as I can and now that I have a digital camera I'm taking a lot of pictures. :)

lynnestankard
08-18-2002, 05:52 AM
Originally posted by gini

I was always raised to make the bed first thing in the morning. When Rascal is all stretched out on the mussed up blankets - it is the best excuse to just leave it! :) :) We can't disturb the kitty you know!!:) :)

SNAP gini and zippy -me too!!! must make the bed first thing in the morning - then - why? the furkids are all tuckered out and NEED a sleep on it! OK - i'll go with that!! can always make the bed later!! does this make me a slut - i hope so - always fancied being a slut!!!:D :D :D

lynne

tatsxxx11
08-18-2002, 10:44 AM
I was sitting last night, surrounded by mounds of soft, snoozing, fur, fussing and fuming over something SO unimportant. Then, I said OUT LOUD, you know "kids," when all is said and done, the most important thing, the only thing that reallly matters, is that you all, everyone I love, is safe and well and healthy. I gave such thanks last night for that and smothered them all with kisses and bear hugs. (Star was VERY put out that I interrupted her Killian dream!:D) Every day with them is precious and every moment with them a moment to cherish. Great post Gini. And such heartfelt replies all. :)

Sudilar
08-18-2002, 11:00 AM
Star....hehehe........aren't you sweet!!!! :D

Killi