PDA

View Full Version : ~*~*******choke chains, are they dangerous~*~*******

*LabLoverKEB*
05-09-2001, 08:12 PM
How many of you thing choke chains are dangerous as permanent collars, or worn around a dogs neck when unsupervised??? I think they are!!! Choke chains are EXTREAMLY DANGEROUS as permanent collars!!!! LISTEN UP!!!! IF YOUR DOG HAS A CHOKE CHAIN AS A PERMANENT COLLAR, PLEASE PLEASE GET YOUR DOG A NYLON BUCKLE COLLAR, OR A LEATHER ONE!!! AND REMEMBER, ALWAYS HAVE YOUR DOG WEAR HIS IDENTIFICATION TAG!!!!!!!!!!!!! You'll be doing your dog a big favor if you do!!!!!

Logan
05-09-2001, 10:07 PM
We've discussed this subject very thoroughly. Look at the following link:
http://petoftheday.com/talk/Forum5/HTML/000296.html

*LabLoverKEB*
05-09-2001, 10:42 PM
oops!!!! I don't think I saw that one!!!!
Sorry!!!!!!! I don't know how to delete topics, and if there is a way to delete topics, you can delete it if you want!!!!!!!

willemyn
05-12-2001, 05:07 PM
I think choke chains are dangerous when unsupervised.I had one lady tell me that she had her dog tied up outside and the chocker got way to tight and he srangled himself to death he later died from this.I know this is a little gross but it is all true so thats why I don't use chockers unsupervised
Willemyn

Daisy's Mom
05-12-2001, 10:46 PM
I know that I posted on the other forum about the time I removed "Lucky's" choke collar. Well just yesterday, the poor thing was back in my yard, dragging a stick that had somehow gotten lodged in a new choke collar! Now maybe I am wrong to do this, but I removed the collar again. Am I wrong? I am just worried about Lucky! She's such a good girl.

sinister_sister_4
05-14-2001, 02:54 PM
I couldn't agree more. I use choke chains before but only when training. the are very dangerous for the dog to waer all the time.

aly
05-14-2001, 07:43 PM
Daisy's Mom: Maybe buy Lucky a new collar and put it on her so her owners don't put another choke chain on?

Rottie
05-15-2001, 05:28 PM
I don't think anyone here disagrees that choke chains are dangerous when worn other than during training or when supervised. http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/smile.gif