PDA

View Full Version : PARDON MY WHINNNE...Any ideas? Vancouver people?

Catty1
10-28-2007, 05:11 PM
Pardon my whining....I am sure I will feel more like talking to this person in a day or week or month...

A couple of years ago, I reconnected with an elderly cousin who I hadn't seen since childhood. He is a sweetheart, but has had trouble with depression most of his life. His moods can swing, but he is easy to cheer up.

He doesn't have email...and wouldn't be able to learn if he did (he is smart, but just not into it at all). He tries to type a letter to mail, but hits one key and deletes everything...

Today he called, I saw his number...lately I have started a new intense temp job, and I knew I just wasn't up to it...I didn't have the mental energy to spend on him, and I felt guilty.

He left a message - his voice sounded down, he thanked me for my welcome note/letter. He wanted to arrange a time to call me when it was good for me, as "things have come to a head, and I need your advice".

I wish I had an intermediary in Vancouver that I could email, and who could phone my cousin!

I feel like an uncaring wimp...but a call with him right now would be very draining.

PS Ex-BF and I were to visit Vancouver in September and see him, but losing BF and paycheck cancelled that idea.

HELP...any ideas?

Thanks for listening to me whine! :(

Freedom
10-28-2007, 05:17 PM
One of the hardest things to do is lend a shoulder to someone, while you are in the middle of leaning on everyone else's shoulders! (Dumping boyfriend and changing jobs qualify, IMO.)

Can you set a time limit for the call? Have him get to the point, explain the problem, let him know you want to think about it and not give an off the cuff response?

Do you have any idea what the issue could be? Then you could be prepared to say you will get back ot him in a week; but without knowing th eissue, a week may not work. Just an idea.

DrKym
10-28-2007, 05:19 PM
Yes hit the delete button......................

Candace i love you but never sacrifice sanity for feelings.

HUGS
Kym