PDA

View Full Version : agro cat

sammy
10-28-2007, 12:51 AM
Hi all,
2 years ago I bought a Japanize Spitz puppy who my six year old desexed female cat hated imediately & tried to rip hime to shreds. I thought this was going to be a temporary thing & have continued to try & get them to like each other without much success. I have to keep them separated at all times or the cat will attack the now 2 year old. We have another dog of the same breed that is 7 years old which the cat gets on fine with. HELP! It's driving me nuts having to put them in separate areas of the house all the time. The cat is an indoor only pet & always has been - the dogs also live in the house most of the time. :(

catmandu
10-28-2007, 05:02 PM
Thats Sad That She Takes To One Dog, But Not The Other. I Wonder If Its The Fact That The 7 Years Old Is A Bit Quieter And Mellow That The The Two Year Old.
I Have Never Had Dogs And Cats, So Thats Just A Guess.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/cat%20photos%202/cats101713.jpg

G535
10-28-2007, 05:22 PM
Unfortunately if your cat still hates the dog after two years there's not much you can do about it apart from keeping them separated. Cats have minds of their own and if they dislike something it's usually permanent.

Taz_Zoee
10-28-2007, 05:30 PM
I believe someone on here said it took like 5 years for their animals to become civil with each other. I can't remember if it was dog/cat, or dog/dog, or cat/cat.
Anyway, good luck.

Medusa
10-29-2007, 07:12 AM
I had the exact same situation years ago. My Fraidy cat wasn't afraid at all of my little two lb. peke-a-poo Charmin and beat her up constantly to the point where Charmin would run under our bed and pee on herself. Then Fraidy peed on our bed and the stove top. That did it. As much as I loved Fraidy, I rehomed her. Our vet and I did everything we could to change her behavior and if Clomicalm was around then, I certainly didn't know about it. My next door neighbor loved her so Fraidy went to live w/her and the day that she took her, Fraidy slapped me in the face so hard, it was as though I was slapped by a human! So I knew that I did the right thing. I checked on her every day for a while but Fraidy adapted so well into her new home that any guilt that I had quickly disappeared. I'm not suggesting that you rehome your cat, just that I can sympathize w/you and let you know what solution worked for me.