PDA

View Full Version : Black Stallion Font?

Ann
08-07-2002, 07:51 AM
Does anyone know where to get the font used in the title screen of the movie The Black Stallion?

I'm a font-nut and I've been looking for it everywhere for ages but no luck...

lovemymaltese
08-07-2002, 03:09 PM
Sorry don't know the font, I like interesting fonts as well.

petadmin
08-07-2002, 09:36 PM
   I showed Karen the 1979 movie poster. She believes it is in the Bodoni family. Perhaps a scaled in Bodoni.

Paul

Ann
08-08-2002, 07:46 AM
Thanks Paul... I did a search on google for that font and it's one of those fonts they charge for, and it didn't look like the one I was searching for anyways :(

I don't think the font I am looking for is on any posters actually, it's the font they use in the title screen of the actual movie, when you see the little figurine of Buchefalos in the sand... Know what I mean? The font they use for some of the posters and the cover of one of the videos I actually have already :D Belive it or not, but it's called "Aladdin" and I THINK that Disney used it in their Aladding movie...

Fuzzy317
08-08-2002, 09:48 AM
Ann, here is site my fiancee goes to alot.

Cool Archive Free Clip Art and Fonts (http://www.coolarchive.com/)

I think most things are free. I did not see the bodoni font, but you may be able to find one thats close.

wolflady
08-08-2002, 11:14 AM
Cool link, Fuzzy, thanks for posting that! :D I'm always in search of cool fonts and fun clip art to use for various projects here at work!;)

Ann
08-09-2002, 05:10 AM
That's a pretty cool site, thanks Fuzzy!

*goes off to go through the near 1000 fonts hoping to find the black stallion one*