PDA

View Full Version : I'm back with not 1.....but 2 cats!

Russian Blue
10-27-2007, 07:52 PM
Yes, you read it correctly. :)

Rob and I went to an adoptathon today and we will have 2 new furkids roaming the house on November 17th. It all happened pretty fast, and we're still in the middle of home renovations but I needed some fur back in the house. As they say, there's no time like the present! We have 3 weeks to finish sanding and refinishing the floor and then we can bring them home.

I've adopted a male and female cat. :) The male, Steve, is 4 months old orange boy and is simply adorable! The female, Gigi, is approximately 11 months old tabby/calico that has personality plus! They were being fostered together and we went to only see Steve but the two are wonderful together and we had to take them both.

As you can imagine, this last year has been a huge mix of emotions and now I start a new life with these two. Nakita, is still center stage in my heart, but it's time to help out some other cats and bring some life back to this house. I picked two cats that are totally different from Nakita in personality and looks. I think they'll work out fine.

You can check out their pics and descriptions here - Just scroll down to their individual entries here:

Meet Gigi and Steve (http://www.werescuecats.ca/pages/availableCats.htm)

Thanks to all for holding my hand and keeping me sane during this last year. You all, are the best. Stay tuned for updates! :)

Queen of Poop
10-27-2007, 08:05 PM
Congratulations. You will all be very happy. I'm sure Nakita is smiling!

G535
10-27-2007, 08:09 PM
They are both gorgeous, I can see why you couldn't resist them. :)

Donnaj4962
10-27-2007, 08:11 PM
CONGRATULATIONS! I am certain that Nakita brought these two lovebugs to you! She is certainly smiling on you as you start this new adventure!

By the way.... Gigi looks a lot like my Tabitha! Tabby has the white bib and white toesies also! She is my first cat, my heart cat, and at 19... we have been through a lot together!

Looking forward to more pictures as these 2 grow up together!

jennielynn1970
10-27-2007, 08:51 PM
Oh my goodness!!!! They are both such cuties! I can see why Gigi just stole your heart! That little face just exudes personality! I would have snatched her up and run home in a jiffy, lol!

Can't wait to see and hear about them in your home! C'mon Nov. 17th, hurry up!!! :D

PS... I'm sure Nakita angel will be watching over them as well. She'll be so happy to see furry bundles of joy in your house again.

Catty1
10-27-2007, 09:27 PM
Gigi is STUNNING! I love her sweet face and the orange in her fur! Tabbico indeed! :)

And little Steve - rescued after he was marked to be PTS at an overcrowded shelter! :eek:

Just look at this little man...he already owns the bed! :D What a darling fluffy orangie to be joining your house...and he and Gigi will already be buddies!

Nakita was your heart and soul cat - she will be remembered always. I hope, feeling secure in that, you will enjoy the fun and smiles these little furbabies will bring into your house and lives! :)

Bengalz
10-27-2007, 09:31 PM
Oh Happy Days :D Such fabulous news and Steve and Gigi are too cute for words :D You are much more patience than I - I would have those two in my pocket immediately and out the door!!

My heartfelt congratulations to you and Rob - it will be wonderful to see and hear about these two little babies. How lucky they are to have chosen the two of you - their lives will be most enriched. Little Nakita has the grandest smile on her beautiful face knowing that her mommy and daddy will once again have the love of a cat(s) in their life :) Something one should never live without....

I can hardly wait for Steve and Gigi to come home!!

Betty

Medusa
10-27-2007, 09:32 PM
How wonderful for you! Enjoy your new family members. So happy for you all!

Craftlady
10-27-2007, 10:26 PM
Congrats :)
Both are adorable.
Gigi's markings are beautiful.

krazyaboutkatz
10-27-2007, 11:09 PM
Congrats!!!!:D They're both adorable and I can't wait to see more pictures of them and hear more about them when they settle into your home.:) I'm so happy for both you and Rob and I know that they'll enjoy your new sunroom and you'll both enjoy the pitter patter of furry feet again.:) It's also great that they're already living together and getting along so there will be no stress in introductions.;)

Will Gigi and Steve be keeping their names or will you be changing them?

Sonia59
10-28-2007, 05:06 AM
I am very happy for you and for the lucky kitties :) They are gorgeous! Congratulations :)

jenluckenbach
10-28-2007, 05:10 AM
This is the greatest news ever!! Congratulations, times two. :) :)

Killearn Kitties
10-28-2007, 06:16 AM
What wonderful news! :D Steve and Gigi are absolutely gorgeous, and so very lucky to be going to such a great home - in time for Christmas too.

Congratulations all round! You have certainly made my day. *sniff*sniff*

Felicia's Mom
10-28-2007, 07:32 AM
Congrats on your new arrivals, Steve and Gigi!:D

orangemm
10-28-2007, 08:06 AM
Congratulations!! They are just adorable and irresistible!

They are very lucky and so are you!! :) :) :)

kuhio98
10-28-2007, 09:44 AM
Congratulations to you and Rob! And to Gigi and Steve! They are getting a wonderful home. Hooman's trained by the marvelous and unique Nakita. We wish you many happy and healthy years together.

Randi
10-28-2007, 10:00 AM
I'm so happy for you, Gigi and Steve - what a cute pair they are, just look at their faces - absolutely gorgeous! I know they'll have a wonderful home with you. Congratulations!! :D

I had to take a look at the rest of course, and I would most likely pick Tia.

RedHedd
10-28-2007, 10:54 AM
Congratulations! Let's see - an orange male and a tortie/calico female? Yup, PERFECT! :D Welcome back and welcome Steve & Gigi!

gini
10-28-2007, 10:59 AM
Steve - an orange boy - you have picked one of the best! Be prepared for some orange attitude - only the best kind!

And Gigi just melts your heart - what a darling girl.

I love both of their names - but most of all, I love you both for taking in these sweet kitties.

What a Happy Thanksgiving is coming up for both of them and for you!

AlleyCat
10-28-2007, 11:04 AM
What sweet kitties! I went and looked at their pictures and they're just adorable. I'm so glad you're bringing two kitties home soon! :)

kimlovescats
10-28-2007, 11:14 AM
I'm so excited and happy for you both and your 2 new lucky kitties! Gigi is gorgeous and that Steve is going to definitely be a heartbreaker! He has the sweetest "love me, I'm orange" face!!! :D

catmandu
10-28-2007, 12:38 PM
We Can Certainly See How You Could Not Take One Of Those Fantastic Cats And Leave The Other There In A Cage!!
We Are Betting That Nakita Angel Led You To The Most Purrrfect Cats There As She Certainly Does Not Want You Ever To Be Lonely.
If You Pm Me Two Cat Toys Will Be On Thier Way To Your New Cats!!!
We Are Glad That You Will Have Lively Young Cat Companaions!!!

The Pet Angels Are Filling Them In On You And Nakita Angel Is Telling Steve And Gigi That They Have Won The Pet Guardians Lottery!!!

Taz_Zoee
10-28-2007, 01:21 PM
Oh how exciting!!! They are both too cute. I can't wait to see more pictures of them once they are all settled and happy in their new home with you and your husband. :)

catloverforever
10-28-2007, 01:38 PM
They are both so cute! Congratulations! Can't wait to see more pics when they settle in. We wish you, your husband, and Steve and Gigi a lifetime of happiness together. We are sure Nikita is happy.
Catloverforever and her Kitties

ChrisH
10-28-2007, 01:44 PM
Aw, they are both gorgeous. :D Congratulations, I am so happy for you. :D

Edwina's Secretary
10-28-2007, 01:59 PM
Three weeks!!!!! Oh, how can you wait that long for the two sweetest kitties! Lucky you, lucky them...

Barbara
10-28-2007, 03:26 PM
Kass- what happy news about Steve and Gigi- they sound both so special :)
What a cute cat couple they will make- and they already are friends :)

phesina
10-28-2007, 03:58 PM
Congratulations! Such wonderful news. Nakita Angel is smiling on you all.

Welcome home, Steve and Gigi!

shais_mom
10-28-2007, 07:51 PM
I am sure Nakita had a hand in this! :D
let the healing begin!!
they are GORGEOUS!

rosethecopycat
10-28-2007, 10:50 PM
You have opened your heart in a big way! :D
Two more kitties getting to have a lifetime of love.

I'm sure there is a Silver Angel watching over you all.

catlover4ever
10-29-2007, 09:05 AM
Congratulations!!! They are adorable....Nakita directed you in the right direction!!! I can not wait to see more photos.

Catlady711
10-29-2007, 06:12 PM
Very cute kitties!! I'm envious of the orange one. I've always wanted an orange cat but all the cats that keep showing up needing me never seem to be orange ones. lol I hope you and your new furkids will have many many years of fun, cuddling and love.

Russian Blue
10-29-2007, 07:00 PM
Thanks so much guys, for all the comments (and remembering Nakita). I can't wait to have some feline energy back in this house. We've been lucky that the renovations have kept us busy but I really needed some life back in the house.

It's going to be interesting seeing two cats interact and I'm sure I'll have double the pictures as well! :D It was quite funny seeing Steve and Gigi interact. Since Gigi is older, each time Steve became a little too annoying she'd whack him. :D

I'll keep you posted!

jazzcat
10-30-2007, 10:54 AM
How exciting! Congratulations, they both look so adorable.

Vio&Juni
10-30-2007, 02:10 PM
There you go!

Good choice of cats (not that any other choice would not have been good :) ), just an owner of tabbies and orange speaking here.

We have added an orange boy about the same age as Steve to our family and he gets whacked too when he's pestering Pichu and Juni too much :)

Congratulations. Can't wait for pictures.

Vermontcat
10-30-2007, 09:00 PM
Congratulations! :D
Both Gigi and Steve are so cute!
I can't wait until you bring them home and start posting lots of beautiful photos of them for us. :)