PDA

View Full Version : What websites do you shop at?

petslover
10-27-2007, 04:10 PM
I know with the holidays coming up, our shopping increases a bit. I was just wondering where you all shop online at.

I usually go to lakeside, but would like to find a variety of websites to choose from.

Thanks.

Riptide
10-27-2007, 05:50 PM
I'm not exactly sure what you're looking for in particular, but I enjoy shopping at Overstock.com. My mom loves jewelry and I bought her a piece from Overstock last Christmas and she loved it. Not to mention, the prices are great :)

And of course, there's always the online ordering from Petsmart and Petco for the furkids!

Freedom
10-27-2007, 06:27 PM
Oh my, I have lots of "favorites," spending money is SO easy! :rolleyes:

For the pets:
Pet Edge, That Pet Place, Pet Sage.

For hoomans:
Lillian Vernon; Miles Kimball; Walter Drake; Harriet Carter; Current; and Lakeside.

I will also check ebay for a few items, for pricing and such. When it's for gifts, it's usually the "Buy It Now," as I need to know I got the item.

If I need a food gift, for an older person for example (you know, those hard to buy for types,) I like Wolfermans

chocolatepuppy
10-27-2007, 08:01 PM
Foster and Smith
Avon
Cafepress
QVC
eBay

Suki Wingy
10-28-2007, 12:25 AM
ebay (and I sell my old stuff too)
cafepress
threadless tees
sheplers.com (western wear)

Pembroke_Corgi
10-28-2007, 07:54 PM
One of my favorites is www.novica.com. They have beautiful jewelry and handmade items from around the world. Plus, the money goes to the artist who makes it!

I also shop at amazon.com for books or sometimes pet items.

K9soul
10-28-2007, 08:03 PM
Amazon and ebay mostly.

gini
10-28-2007, 11:34 PM
LLBean is one of my favorites. I have purchased Christmas presents for my nieces - gifts for friends - and right now until December 21st. they are offering free shipping!!

Freedom
11-20-2007, 09:15 AM
Every year I get the catalogs from these 2 companies in the mail:

Wireless
Signals

I have never purchased from either one. But I LOVE looking at all the fun stuff they offer!

Signals supports public television. signals.com

thewirelesscatalog.com

The catalogs just arrived and I thought I'd add them to this thread.

BitsyNaceyDog
11-20-2007, 09:34 AM
AMAZON! I do almost all of my holiday shopping on Amazon.

Lizzie
11-20-2007, 10:45 AM
One of my favorites is www.novica.com. They have beautiful jewelry and handmade items from around the world. Plus, the money goes to the artist who makes it!

I also shop at amazon.com for books or sometimes pet items.

That's a great website, thank you for posting about it. They sell the kinds of things, and in the same way, as a folkart gallery we used to have very close to the university where I work. I used to buy gift-certificates from them at holiday time for the student assistants, etc. - and this place offers gift certificates also. Lovely scarves, and jewellery. Oh dear! Perhaps I shouldn't have visited this site after all.

.sarah
11-20-2007, 10:46 AM
Amazon is really the only website I buy from because my mom has payed a fee (yearly I think) to get free shipping, which is nice. Plus we never have a problem with them. Occasionally I will go to eBay around the holidays if I can't find something in a store or on Amazon but I am really careful who I purchase from. I rarely purchase things online just because I prefer to get out and about just to get out of the house and have fun shopping, but for big purchases (like my camera, lenses, etc) I can usually find much better deals online.

For pet stuff, I always buy from PetEdge. I usually only order from them at the holidays also. I actually just got my holiday package yesterday with lots of dog toys for my doggies' best friends. ;)

BitsyNaceyDog
11-20-2007, 11:56 AM
Amazon is really the only website I buy from because my mom has payed a fee (yearly I think) to get free shipping, which is nice.
:confused: We've never paid a fee and we always get free shipping from Amazon.

Laura's Babies
11-20-2007, 12:06 PM
Since I am working this year, I wanted to get the "officers" on the boat a mug with their position and name on it.. I found this place that has LOTS of photo gifts and their 15 ounce mugs are so much cheaper than anywhere else. I orderd them day before yesterday and got notice today that they have been shipped.
http://www.iypstore.com/default.aspx?PK=c6c739cddbb245c6a3d17afa38f72469

Flatcoatluver
11-20-2007, 12:54 PM
cleanrun.com, the animal rescue site, akc.org, and oldnavy.com. Thanks now I have more ideas of where to shop!

Zippy
11-20-2007, 02:31 PM
amazon.com is my favorite to shop at and for the fur and fin kids drsfostersmith.com or petco.com or petsmart.com

Freedom
11-20-2007, 03:12 PM
If you need soemthing for someone who enjoys puzzles (no, these are not jigsaw puzzles, although they do offer some of those as well), check out

bitsandpieces.com

crow_noir
11-21-2007, 01:53 AM
I almost NEVER shop online,

but i do window browse ;) :p

----

Wish i could remember the online site i bought King's tag, but it was soooo long ago. (I was searching for theeee PERFECT I.D. and these people were soooo helpful and worked with me until i was satisfied. For the price i paid you could have sworn it was out of some generic machine.) And the site wasn't any major name... i don't think it even had pet in the title. I'm almost certain they don't exist any longer. :(

Of course i have to pipe in with Freecycle! (also recycle/freestuff groups)

I used to love bargainandhaggle, but sadly they didn't do well and don't exist any longer. :-( iOffer just isn't the same.

Maya & Inka's mommy
11-21-2007, 03:04 PM
I NEVER do. :)

gini
11-21-2007, 03:16 PM
I do want to warn you all about HEARTHSONG. I ordered something for my little niece for Christmas last year. They sent her a horse barn - nice - but not what I ordered. I called immediately and they said they would mail out a return card for me to use. They never did and I kept calling.

Finally I get this letter that DEMANDS the product be returned as they have already replaced it with the correct item. I got the "correct" item in February - just in time for Christmas - HA HA!

I called again and really complained about their DEMAND............they mailed me the return information and it was finally resolved in March, 2007.

I won't be using them again - ever.

slick
11-21-2007, 04:27 PM
LLBean is one of my favorites. I have purchased Christmas presents for my nieces - gifts for friends - and right now until December 21st. they are offering free shipping!! HA! I've put about $300 worth of stuff in my shopping cart at LLBean. I'm debating.....I may get free shipping but the duty will more than make up for it.

Other than that I've only ordered from Cafepress (PT calendars) and FamilyLabels.com (address labels). A couple of years ago I did purchase a couple of small items from eBay.

crow_noir
11-22-2007, 01:24 AM
I never signed up, but i've heard good things about lala.com (http://www.lala.com). (I never had any CDs i wanted to get rid of. So that's why i never joined.)

It used to be that you could exchange physical CDs for $1. (No, i don't mean one song for $1, i mean the WHOLE album. And yes, i mean the actual physical thing you can hold in your hand.) Now i can only find that in their Terms of Service. They're now focused more on the digital. ...but i guess you can still do the exchange (the old link still worked for me... that explains the program.)

.sarah
11-22-2007, 01:43 AM
:confused: We've never paid a fee and we always get free shipping from Amazon.
Maybe I have my facts wrong, I just thought I remember her saying she had to pay a fee.

caseysmom
11-22-2007, 02:16 AM
Since I am working this year, I wanted to get the "officers" on the boat a mug with their position and name on it.. I found this place that has LOTS of photo gifts and their 15 ounce mugs are so much cheaper than anywhere else. I orderd them day before yesterday and got notice today that they have been shipped.
http://www.iypstore.com/default.aspx?PK=c6c739cddbb245c6a3d17afa38f72469

Thanks for the tip I have been wanting to order a mug for my brother in law. My girls got my sister one for mothers day that says "aunt: like mom only cooler" and he has been so jealous. I just ordered one with their pictures and "worlds greatest uncle" "we love you" I am so glad I have wanted to order one but didn't know a website I could trust. You even get to see the mug in 3d before its done.

crow_noir
11-22-2007, 02:42 AM
Not exactly a website/store... but i can (2nd hand) vouch for the brick&mortar store. I've known many people that were throughly happy with their orders... http://www.shirtsmugsandmore.com/ (The 10% web deal might make up for the shipping.) <--- just in case anyone needs a suggestion in the future. Hopefully the other site does well for you though!!!

Thanks for the tip I have been wanting to order a mug for my brother in law. My girls got my sister one for mothers day that says "aunt: like mom only cooler" and he has been so jealous. I just ordered one with their pictures and "worlds greatest uncle" "we love you" I am so glad I have wanted to order one but didn't know a website I could trust. You even get to see the mug in 3d before its done.

crow_noir
11-22-2007, 02:48 AM
There used to be an offer from Kodak, at Meijer (for those that don't know... think a more friendly Wal-Mart of the Midwest,) for watches. Like how you can put a picture on anything... even get it turned into a throw blanket. (Mugs, mousepads, etc.)

They offered it for such a short amount of time, and by the time i had the money to get one, the offer was over.

Does anyone have any suggestions for places / websites that do this?

I've already been given the suggestion of getting a watch that the face pops off and doing ti myself. :-/ Not my idea of fun.

Freedom
11-24-2007, 09:00 PM
Dog, cat, horse and other animals. Key chains, throws, lounge wear, jackets, loads of items.

For the dog items, may times you an select which breed you want.
For thecat items, they offer black, black and white, tabby, persian and many other choices.

They even offer gift certificates!

The catalog is titled, Whales & Friends.

The website is
www.WhalesDirect.com

CathyBogart
11-25-2007, 11:28 AM
www.newenough.com