PDA

View Full Version : Blair has a new home...in Calgary!

cali
10-26-2007, 07:38 PM
yup, Blair is moving to Calgary. this is a wonderful thing for him, he is an incredable Agility dog and the lady is a big time Agility trainer, she already has a Pyrshep so she understands the breed, and she is fully aware of all of Blairs issues, she has the time to focas on helping Blair overcome his many issues that we, with all our pets dont have the time to properly deal with. she wants to give him a totally fresh start, Blair LOVES agility, but will never get to truley show what he can do, with us. we will miss him for sure, but this is an absoutly amazing oppurtunity for him. so calgarians, watch out for the Blair man soon to be competing near you!

Tollers-n-Dobes
10-26-2007, 07:49 PM
I hope Blair does well in his new home! I'm glad you found a home that is familiar with his breed - hopefully some of his issues will subside a bit in a new environment. Maybe someday I'll get to see him in an Agility trial. :)

Freedom
10-26-2007, 07:53 PM
Sounds like a great opportunity for Blair!

Queen of Poop
10-26-2007, 07:53 PM
Welcome to Calgay Blair. It's an awesome place. Although there is still snow on the ground from yesterday.

Taz_Zoee
10-26-2007, 07:56 PM
Good for Blair. Will you get updates on him?

cali
10-26-2007, 09:29 PM
absolutly, I would not have it any other way :) 'fraid though that if you Calgarians see him, he likley wont be "Blair" as his new mommy wants to rename him as part of his fresh start

this is Blair's new mommy:
http://www.superdogspectrum.ca/cfm/default.cfm?id=175&sid=197

Riptide
10-26-2007, 09:43 PM
Congrats on finding Blair a new home! I'm glad he'll be going to an agility home -- he'll have lots of fun there I'm sure!

Crikit
10-26-2007, 09:45 PM
That means I'll be seeing plenty of Blair as I assist his new owner in agility classes as well as dog sit quite often for her and her husband.

cali
10-26-2007, 09:58 PM
That means I'll be seeing plenty of Blair as I assist his new owner in agility classes as well as dog sit quite often for her and her husband.

yay! that means he will still be sorta in the PT community :p he's headin up there on sunday afternoon :)

Crikit
10-26-2007, 10:42 PM
yay! that means he will still be sorta in the PT community :p he's headin up there on sunday afternoon :)

I'll have to get some pics of him if he's there next time I dog sit for them. I'll probably see him Monday night as well, as she will more then likely have him with her when she goes to teach, if not on Sunday at our agility group meeting.

Karen
10-26-2007, 10:59 PM
How fun! And it sounds like a perfect opportunity for Blair!

Ginger's Mom
10-27-2007, 07:53 AM
Oh how neat. When I first started reading this I was thinking about how I would miss seeing that handsome little guy (he really is soooo cute). But now it seems like I won't have to give him up after all. I am glad to hear that this is going to work out for everyone. :)

cyber-sibes
10-27-2007, 08:00 AM
WOW! Congratulations Blair - you hit the agility jackpot!
That writeup on new mom Shannon is awesome, Blair's in for a real treat! Maybe one of these days you'll get a postcard from France when he goes with the International team!
You did good finding him a perfect home :)

cali
10-28-2007, 12:08 PM
we have to sign him in at the airport in an hour :( last night it finally started to hit me that, he is going all the way to Calgary, I probably wont see him again aside of pics and maybe on TV one day and I ended up crying myself to sleep last night :( its a great home and a great oppurtunity for him..but he is still my little fuzz head and Im gonna miss him terrably. I been taking tons of pics of him this morning, and he has been getting so much extra hugs and kisses the past couple of days that he thinks he is in heaven lol

BC_MoM
10-28-2007, 01:06 PM
Blair is going to be so grateful that you did this for him! And it will be awesome if one day you saw him on TV. :)

cali
10-28-2007, 02:06 PM
I know :( plus Shannen has a huge adavantage to help him over his issues that we could never have had. and thats neutral property. Blair is nervous is general, but its hugely amplified on "his" property, and because "our" house would always be his property to him, we could not help him very easily. with Shannen he will have a fresh start, she knows what is issues are and she can start working with him right away, one what to him will be neutral property.

He's gone now, just got back from taking him to the airport, he wasnt such a fan of the guy working in the office though lol, the guy forgot her had to check inside the crate before we oput the dog in, so then he just up and decided, without introdicing himself, to stick his hand in the crate with Blair in it! ya smart. we didnt stick a sign on the crate that says "careful: I may bite" for no reason, we stuck it there because he is a nervous dog, and his crate is his "safe spot" so random strangers shoving their hands in his safe spot aint a good plan!

cali
10-28-2007, 06:53 PM
well, he arrived in one peice, although Shannen said he looks traumatized and last I heard he would not come out of his crate :(

Taz_Zoee
10-28-2007, 06:58 PM
Aww, poor Blair. :( It will take him some time, but he will get comfortable in his new home.
I know it was a tough decision, but I am sure it was the right one.

Crikit
10-28-2007, 08:17 PM
I saw Blair about a half hour ago after our agility group meeting. He still wasn't so sure about things and still didn't want to come out of his crate...then again don't blame him, he was in a strange place with about 5 or 6 people looking in at him. Shan said she's not worried though and that he'll come out when he's ready. I'll most likely see him tomorrow night as well when I go in to assist if not then then some other time this week.

cali
10-28-2007, 09:38 PM
Im glad hear has calmed down a little bit, poor fella stresses pretty easy, and suddenly he is in a strange place with strange people and neither my mom or I in sight. its going to take him a bit to adjust. if he hasnet come out yet, I hope he calms down and feels safe enugh to come out soon :)

Muddy4paws
10-29-2007, 06:46 AM
Im sure he will be fine, It must be really good for you to know other PTers who can give you updates, The new lady sounds fantastic Im sure he will come out of his shell soon.