PDA

View Full Version : Update on roommates dog... Mischa...

Nobas Mom
10-26-2007, 06:20 PM
So hubby was doing what hubby does best this morning... playing video games, when he heard Noba and Sadie going crazy at the back door, snarling, barking, scratching... they were inside. He ran down the stairs and looked out the back door and guess who he sees in the backyard??? MISCHA!!! :confused: :eek: Apparently, my roommates' ex-b/f decided he didn't / couldn't take care of Mischa and brought her back to the house, opened the back gate and dropped her in the backyard with no notice, no phone call, no warning... NOTHING!! :mad:

I'm at work and wish I could get home. Apparently, Noba is furious and won't let hubby or anyone near Mischa. The one time that he did get near Mischa, hubby said she feels skinny (since the ex-b/f left with her without taking ANY food), and hubby says she smells awful "like she had been kept outside in the rain for the last week"... poor girl :( was so excited to be back at the house... unfortunately now, Noba is not very happy and we aren't sure what to do...

Freedom
10-26-2007, 07:51 PM
Oh my, WHAT a surprise!!

First things first. She is in the fenced in back yard, and she needs food, water and shelter. She is at a great place just now and will be safe till you figure things out. Start from the basics. Then think long term.

Prayers for all of you!

Tollers-n-Dobes
10-26-2007, 07:52 PM
Poor girl. I unfortunately have no advice, but I hope Noba will be able to relax about the situation soon. I'd probably just crate him for now.

Taz_Zoee
10-26-2007, 07:54 PM
Wow, at least you know she is safe now.
The only thing I can think of is to put Noba somewhere, get Mischa bathed and maybe Noba will come around again when he realizes it's her. I mean it took him a while to accept her the first time, so you just have to start all over again.
Good luck, I hope it all works out....again. :)

Nobas Mom
10-26-2007, 08:07 PM
Thanks all... hubby has already fed poor Mischa... she was raveged (sp?)... and dirty... he gave her a bath... TWICE!! Noba is a goof... he was putting on a front the whole time... hubby brought Mischa in the house and went upstairs to get the bath ready... as he was coming down the stairs, he noticed that Noba and Mischa were.... PLAYING TUG O WAR with each other... :rolleyes: ... as soon as Noba noticed "dad" was coming, he ran over to him and started growling at Mischa in his "I'm in charge, but not going to do anythign about it" way ... hmm, interesting little hound... he really is such a character.

Mischa is safe... she's clean, fed, water, and in the house where she belongs, not outside in the rain or stuck in a car... she's warm, full and happy to be where she is... unfortunately we are not thinking it's gonna be a long term thing, so we are going to do the best we can to find her a good home...

IRescue452
10-26-2007, 09:53 PM
Good thing she's safe. But shame on your hubby for leaving them alone unattended in such a situation, what if he came back and they weren't playing nice? Do continue to keep a close eye on them when they are together for the next few days.

Nobas Mom
10-27-2007, 12:49 AM
Good thing she's safe. But shame on your hubby for leaving them alone unattended in such a situation, what if he came back and they weren't playing nice? Do continue to keep a close eye on them when they are together for the next few days.

My DH wasn't intending on leaving them alone unsupervised, he thought Noba was upstairs, cause that's where he had previously been... somehow Noba slipped under the radar... I've been home for 4 hours now, and there has not been any problems with them... all Mischa wants is love and comfort right now and Noba is doing okay with it... hubby cuddles with Mischa and I take the hound dog baby in my arms... we're already working on finding her a good home. Our house is just not going to be a good fit unfortunately, I don't want to have to walk on egg shells with mr. grouchy bear (Noba)... :)

She is an amazingly good and sweet dog... so we should have no problems finding her a decent home... screening all potential adopters will be my number one priority!!

Ginger's Mom
10-27-2007, 08:13 AM
I am not sure who bought Mischa back to you (doubt it was the ex-boyfriend since he didn't seem to be doing anything to care for her), but I am glad that she is safe for now. Good for you for taking her in again and making sure she gets a good home. Hugs for Mischa and "mr. grouchy bear." :)