PDA

View Full Version : My Ben (4 pics)

Logan
10-25-2007, 10:17 PM
I have not taken many pictures of Ben since he came to live with us. I don't know why. But I did get some of him today at lunchtime when I took him out to play ball. I thought the last one was funny because he had slobber on his face. He will NOT drop the ball. You have to take it out of his mouth. OMG, he is very much ball obsessed. :p

For those of you who don't know, Ben came to us at the end of July, when his owners had a life changing event take place. We had fostered him almost a year ago for a week (he was a stray), for Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue, then he was adopted by a loving couple. He was the answer to a prayer for me when we had the opportunity to adopt him. I needed him and he needed me, too. :)

Isn't he handsome, lying amongst my weeds? I think he is a wonderful boy, even if Baby Mack disagrees with me. His sister, Honey, thinks he is marvelous. I'll have to try and get pictures of them together. :D

Logan

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l129/lbagley/PA250002.jpg?t=1193368509

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l129/lbagley/PA250005.jpg?t=1193368548

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l129/lbagley/PA250006.jpg?t=1193368584

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l129/lbagley/PA250007.jpg?t=1193368615

kimlovescats
10-25-2007, 10:37 PM
Ben is absolutely gorgeous / handsome! He certainly has the sweet Golden face! Give him kisses for me, please!

Kenny was the KING of SLOBBER! :eek:

Kim

K9karen
10-25-2007, 11:02 PM
Logan, he's spectacular! What a handsome, handsome boy! I'm so glad he came into your life! (and ours!) Don't feel bad..RB Cody used to run after the ball and then wait for me to retreive it and throw it again! :rolleyes:

Taz_Zoee
10-25-2007, 11:05 PM
Those are great pictures! He look so happy. It wonderful that you have found each other (again). :)

ramanth
10-25-2007, 11:18 PM
What a sweet and handsome boy he is. I love his smile!

shais_mom
10-25-2007, 11:57 PM
what a beautiful boy! :D
hmmmm ball obsessed? I've got a red girl that's the sammmmmeeee way!!!

Rachel
10-26-2007, 04:26 AM
Well, it is about time Ben was given a little attention here at Pet Talk. ;) One can tell how much he adores his Mama from the look he is giving you in that last picture. And that golden smile - does it get any better than that? Seems like Ben is enjoying a bit of the good life - a little sun, a little game of ball, and time with the object of his affection.

chocolatepuppy
10-26-2007, 05:00 AM
Ben is so adorable! Nice pics. :)

Pam
10-26-2007, 05:11 AM
Logan he is so handsome! I can see why this boy stole your heart. I like all of the pictures but this one is my favorite:
http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l129/lbagley/PA250006.jpg?t=1193368584
What a nice shot! Since your camera takes such nice pictures, why haven't we been treated to more? :p I wish you and Ben many, many happy years together. I know he surely did wind up in the best home in all of South Carolina! ;) Bella said she would love to play ball with Ben. She, too, plays until she is ready to drop. :p
(P.S. I see that Rachel has beat me to the computer this morning. :p Well, you know the old saying, *early to bed, early to rise, makes a girl healthy, wealthy and wise.* :p )

Logan
10-26-2007, 08:27 AM
Ben is absolutely gorgeous / handsome! He certainly has the sweet Golden face! Give him kisses for me, please!

Kenny was the KING of SLOBBER! :eek:

Kim

Kim, did you notice the white toes? His whole foot isn't white like Kenny's, but they are the only Golden boys that I have ever seen with the white feet! Ben has a little spot of lighter fur on his chest, too. I don't know if he is a pure bred GR, since he was a stray, but it really doesn't matter. He is a love!!!!

cyber-sibes
10-26-2007, 08:29 AM
:) He's handsome dude! What a beautiful smile, he looks very happy. Sounds like things worked out perfectly for both of you!

Logan
10-26-2007, 08:31 AM
And that golden smile - does it get any better than that? Seems like Ben is enjoying a bit of the good life - a little sun, a little game of ball, and time with the object of his affection.

It does NOT get any better than that, Rachel!!!! :D He is certainly at the top of my list of "objects of my affection", too. I'm taking him today to see two people who love him dearly, his former family. It looks like they will be moving in the next couple of weeks to Indiana for Todd to enter medical school. They really want to see him and have some presents for him. I think it is ok to do this now. I just wasn't ready before. I think he loves me enough that he won't be confused at this point.

Pam, I have a really hard time getting pictures of them without help and I never seem to have help! What I would love is to take a picture of them all together, but without help, I don't see that happening. They all want to climb on me and love me, which creates an argument between those silly boys, every time. :o

Thanks, everyone. I'll try to do better with those pictures!!! :o

pitc9
10-26-2007, 09:30 AM
Oh what a cutie pie he is!

He has a wonderful Golden smile!!!

AmberLee
10-26-2007, 10:14 AM
Oh, what a handsome boy, Logan. {{{cyberhugs}}}

lizbud
10-26-2007, 10:23 AM
Ben really is a beauty. His fur looks so silky soft around his face & ears.

Don't know why but the bigger dogs seem to be the biggest loves. :D So
gentle & sweet.

*LabLoverKEB*
10-26-2007, 05:17 PM
Ohhhhh! Logan, he is beautiful! He has such a sweet face!

dukedogsmom
10-27-2007, 12:07 AM
I love the first pic! You honestly should share him more often. I remember when you first got him. He made me want to get a Golden. He looks so very happy. I'm sure he's given you much joy and vice versa. Thanks for the pics!

Rachel
10-28-2007, 11:33 AM
I'm taking him today to see two people who love him dearly, his former family. It looks like they will be moving in the next couple of weeks to Indiana for Todd to enter medical school. They really want to see him and have some presents for him. I think it is ok to do this now. I just wasn't ready before. I think he loves me enough that he won't be confused at this point.

Wondering how that visit went, Logan. It must have been a bit emotional for everyone involved.

When I went off to college my mother determined that my Shetland Sheepdog, Treve, would be better off with a couple who lived a couple miles away on a farm. (I won't go into how I felt about this.) One one occasion when I came home from college, I went to see Treve and he acted like he had never known me. It broke my heart, but I suppose in another respect it
assured me that he had assimilated into his new home where he was very active in helping herd the cows.

Pembroke_Corgi
10-28-2007, 07:21 PM
Ben is such a handsome dog! He's got a very nice smile, too. What a sweetie. :)

captain
10-29-2007, 08:48 PM
They all want to climb on me and love me, :o

Ohhhhhhhhhh, if THAT is the reason for no pics - that is OK!!!!! :D

He is beautiful. Just wanna kissy that face.

anna_66
10-31-2007, 05:27 AM
Logan he is beautiful. I can see why your so in love with him:)