PDA

View Full Version : Almost a Gotcha Date

Dorothy39
10-25-2007, 06:59 PM
I've posted this thread before the actual date that this Lab puppy was plopped into my lap~ One year ago ! (October 28th)

She has become our Satin doll ,alas, she is our only child ;) :D

Here are some before and after pictures of Our Black Lab Dog ~Jackie Louise~

I've included a special picture to show you how much energy she has brought into our lives. ;)

chocolatepuppy
10-25-2007, 07:37 PM
Good heavens! Who shrunk that bed! :eek: Just look at Jackie, what a beauty she is. I can't believe how fast they grow! :D

Dorothy39
10-25-2007, 07:47 PM
She is a Beauty , like you said, and to top that, she's very easy to train and to take care of. She responds to sit, shake, down, come, and is always near me where ever I roam~ and I love her kissies ;) ( they're so soft and tender)

I believe Jackie rescued me ;)

Ginger's Mom
10-25-2007, 07:56 PM
Good heavens! Who shrunk that bed! :eek:
Hehehe, I thought the same thing. She sure has grown into a big beautiful girl, and it looks like you were meant to be together all along. I sure was surprised at how big that little pup had gotten.

slick
10-25-2007, 08:16 PM
Hi Dorothy!!! :) **waves**
It's so nice to view a part of your world and Jackie Louise is so very beautiful. Happy Almost Gotcha Day Jackie.

xo

chocolatepuppy
10-25-2007, 08:22 PM
I believe Jackie rescued me ;)

I know what you mean. :)

luvofallhorses
10-25-2007, 08:26 PM
She was a cutie and has grown into such a beautiful, elegant looking pup. :D She looks so grown up now. :) She has to be one of my favorites on here. Happy almost gotcha day Jackie!! :D

Dorothy39
10-25-2007, 09:13 PM
Yeah , chocolate puppy, I knew you would understand that rescue part of this story~

Luvofallhorses~You said the ultimate adjective here, elegant~ yes,Jackie is an elegant Lab. ~ Geez, it's like to know her! ;)

Ginger's Mom~ It appears that we were really meant to be together , Jackie has grown to be so strong, she's a stout Lab and she's certainly showing me the ropes!!!! 'I thank GOD for her!!!!

Slick: I wonder how Jackie Louise would react to your Max~ :cool: She's sooo affraid of everything that isn't ordinary~I laugh out loud just thinking of how Jackie might react towards a cat!!! ( oh yeah, I've thought about havng another cat )

This Beautful Lab Dog, along with all of YOU on this fabulous formm , lift me so HIGH!!!

Tollers-n-Dobes
10-25-2007, 09:17 PM
Happy almost Gotcha Day, Jackie!!

She's such a pretty girl. :)

K9karen
10-25-2007, 11:16 PM
A year already?! :eek: jackie L has blossomed from an adorable pupster into a beautiful, elegant young lady! It doesn't get any better when "we" rescue each other! Happy Gotcha Day Sweetie! Happy Ever After for all of you!!

lizbud
10-26-2007, 09:55 AM
Jackie is adorable. She sure has grown hasn't she. :) Before I had one
of my own, I never knew how smart Labs are. Sure keep you on your toes.

Happy (almost) Gotcha Day Jackie. :)

Pawsitive Thinking
10-26-2007, 10:06 AM
She is gorgeous. The best reason for getting out of bed in the morning......

Dorothy39
10-26-2007, 10:58 AM
Jackie Louise and I Thank-You for your nice comments- I've been trying to teach Jackie how to bow (without getting a treat for it :D )

Yes, she is elegant, gorgeous, adorable and as smart as a whip!!! I used to be able to get to Pet Talk more often, but Jackie insists upon being my Dog of the Day :cool: It's time to get up Momma~ oh my, her eyes , along with her facial expressions certainly give me a good reason to get up in the Morning~

However, Jackie is a bit skittish, I'm still working on getting her comfortable with riding in a car. She has a feeling that we might go see the Vet :o I give her lots of praise and love ( yah, and treats) when she does go near my car. She knows that I won't use brute force, she's got me all figured out :p

DrKym
10-26-2007, 11:02 AM
HAPPY GOTCHA DAY JACKIE!!!!!!!

your Mom is an amazing woman! lucky you!

Pembroke_Corgi
10-26-2007, 11:14 AM
Jackie Louise is such a lovely dog!! Wow, and she sure grew, too!

Happy gotcha day, Jackie, you look like such a special girl! :)

pitc9
10-26-2007, 11:19 AM
I LOVE the look on her face in the second picture.
"What happened to my bed??"

Too cute!

I am a FIRM believer that our pets were sent to us for a reason.

Smooches to Jackie on her almost gotcha day!

cyber-sibes
10-26-2007, 11:39 AM
Hmm, looks at calendar....
Close enough!
Happy Gotcha Day, Jackie Louise!
Where did that little puppy go? :eek:
She's beautiful!

k9krazee
10-26-2007, 01:57 PM
Happy Gotcha Day Jackie Louise!!! You are one of my favorite PT pups, and I hope you get over your fear of cars soon so I can meet you! :p I, too, can't believe that it's been a year already! Dorothy, we don't get to see enough of her!

Dorothy39
10-26-2007, 09:04 PM
Yes K9krazee, I know. Pet Talk just doesn't get to see enough of her~Whenever I get here, I forget to share my good fortune.

Cyber-sibes~ :p Yeah, I figured it was close enough, besides, I couldn't contain myself any longer. Her "gotcha" day is this Sunday and weekends get pretty hectic at times.!!

Pitc9~ I know what you mean about that look on her face in that particular picture. She has sooo many different expressions~She was sent to me for a reason, I'm a firm believer in this and more . You know the saying, if you rest, you rust~~~ ;)

pembroke_Corgi: She certainly has grown!!!! We used have to pick her up and help her up the front porch steps~ She weighs 68 pounds now, :eek: All of which is solid muscle, yet she still behaves like a puppy.

Dr.Goodnow, We're all amazing women!!!! ;) Maybe I'm amazed at the way she loves me all the time, maybe I'm afraid of the way I need her........ :D

She has trained me well!!!!! We Thank-You for your time and your comments...........Jackie, Take a Bow :o

dukedogsmom
10-26-2007, 11:37 PM
Happy Gotcha Day, sweet girl! I know you must be so spoiled and happy. You sure look happy in that one pic where you're running like mad towards the camera. Thanks for making your family so happy.