PDA

View Full Version : My baby....

zippy-kat
07-24-2001, 09:41 PM
Hi everyone! I just wanted to share this pic. with you. This was my first pup ButterScotch. Though she was purebred, we didn't have her papers but I feel that she was show quality. She was a SWEET and GENTLE lady who lived to the ripe old age of 15 yrs. Anyways, just wanted to brag & show her off! (And I'm crossing my fingers that this works b/c I've never posted an image before lol.)

http://currans262.homestead.com/files/ButterScotch.jpg

Logan
07-24-2001, 10:13 PM
I don't know how you could have posted a more beautiful picture, Zippy Kat. What a gorgeous Cocker Spaniel!! I don't care if she had papers or not, she looks purebred to me! I know that you have wonderful memories of your cocker. I had one who looked very much like that before she departed for the Bridge two years ago.

I'm so glad you shared your picture.

Logan

Sudilar
07-24-2001, 10:15 PM
Oh what a beauty she was!!

Karen
07-24-2001, 11:08 PM
Oh, Butterscotch, Butterscotch, noble you sit
Posed so regally on a common stump
Delicate demeanor, blond waves flowing
Yet your lovely eyes to the distance look
As if seeing ahead to that day
When we parted company, my friend,
After so many years together.
Did you see, from your vantage point then,
The Rainbow Bridge where I know you wait
And where we will someday reunite?
Oh Butterscotch, your loveliness is forever
In my heart.

07-24-2001, 11:22 PM
Wow. That is amazing Karen. What a talent you have! Thank you for sharing that..... thank you :)

zippy-kat
07-25-2001, 01:06 AM
I have to admit, that's my favorite picture of her.

That poem is beautiful! I have tears in my eyes!! Thank you Karen! You have a real talent!

Thank you all for your wonderful comments!

Daisy's Mom
07-25-2001, 01:35 AM
Wow what a beautiful girl! She was absolutely stunning. No wonder you miss her. Love the name ;)

tatsxxx11
07-25-2001, 09:41 AM
What a magnificently gorgeous beauty was sweet Butterscotch. You should be so very proud!!!!! I'm sure this incredibly beautiful photo only partially captures her outer and inner beauty....The pic., along with Karen's lovely words, brings tears to my eyes. Thank you for sharing your Butterscotch; and your love. Sandra

CoraNewf
07-26-2001, 08:27 AM
What a wonderful picture!!! I grew up with Cockers, and they are very dear to me. Thanks for sharing!!!