PDA

View Full Version : VOLUNTEERS NEEDED TO DRIVE JASMINE (Diabetic Cat 5.5 yrs) from PA to Illinois PLEASE

Anikaca77
10-25-2007, 04:50 PM
Hi All Please read my previous post about Jasmine a diabetic cat that's 5.5 years old and Dr. Goodnow is going to adopt Jasmine.

I just spoke with Tonya (Jasmine's owner) and she said she could drive 4 hours the only problem is money is tight for her but she said she could try to give some money towards other people driving but I'm asking everyone try to do this from their heart if you can.

Since Tonya said she could drive 4 hours that would take her to the border of PA. So we need volunteers to take Jasmine from the border of PA to Illinois where Dr. Goodnow lives.

Please PM if you can help transport Jasmine.

Here is my other thread about this situation.

http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=135200

Thank you all in advance :)

DrKym
10-25-2007, 05:31 PM
Jasper can drive some of it. I cannot as I can no longer drive with my meds. We will do all we can to help.

Donnaj4962
10-25-2007, 08:39 PM
I may be able to help, depending on when and where! I live in the northeast corner of Indiana. Please PM me with more information.

I am moving in the next month, so money is a little tight, but I will do what I can.... if it will work into my schedule.

She sure is a cutie and Dr. Goodnow is a wonderful person to take on another widdle one!

Anikaca77
10-26-2007, 06:03 AM
Kym,

That would be great if Jasper could drive to meet in Indiana and then either we could try to get someone to drive from PA to Indiana which I could do or meet someone in Ohio to go to Indiana.

Jasper can drive some of it. I cannot as I can no longer drive with my meds. We will do all we can to help.

Anikaca77
10-26-2007, 08:17 AM
I just thought of something, I know this girl in Ohio who helped transport Tigger from Ohio to Canton, PA. Maybe if I or Tonya meet this girl near Columbus, Ohio maybe she would drive to Indiana and then, maybe Donna could meet Jasper mid way in Illinois.

I'll contact her and see what this girl thinks.

Okay I contacted the girl Kim about seeing whether she could travel to Indiana and it seems if I can get Tonya to drive to Kim's I'm not sure how long that would be but I don't think she will go for it. Kim did ask if there was someone else we could work with in Ohio and well that was my only contact so no.

I'll keep you all posted on what's going on.

Anikaca77
10-26-2007, 02:31 PM
Okay the latest,

I just spoke with Tonya (Jasmine's mom) and she said she could probably drive to Columbus, OH if we could just get one more person to drive from Colubmus OH maybe to Indianapolis and then from there to St. Louis, IL.

Please help us transport her.

jennielynn1970
10-26-2007, 03:37 PM
Any way I can help??? I'm in Allentown, but I'd help where I can.

Anikaca77
10-26-2007, 03:41 PM
Any way I can help??? I'm in Allentown, but I'd help where I can.

Well I think we have that part covered because we are going west not east but thank you Jenn!!

jennielynn1970
10-26-2007, 04:21 PM
see post #25 here:
http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=135200&page=2&pp=15

catmandu
10-26-2007, 05:15 PM
I Wish I Could Help, But I Can Just Pray That Jasmine Gets To Her New Furr Ever Home!!

cassiesmom
10-26-2007, 06:05 PM
Okay the latest,

I just spoke with Tonya (Jasmine's mom) and she said she could probably drive to Columbus, OH if we could just get one more person to drive from Colubmus OH maybe to Indianapolis and then from there to St. Louis, IL.

Please help us transport her.

Oh, boy, that is quite a way south of me. Columbus is 6 hours from here. Looks like I won't be able to help on this one.

DrKym
10-26-2007, 06:37 PM
Jasper can and will drive the 3 hours to Columbia Mo. if we can get her that far...... then we can get pick her up in Columbia.

Donnaj4962
10-26-2007, 07:13 PM
Indianapolis is about 2 to 2 1/2 hours south of me, so I am wondering if I will be able to help. Do you know yet WHEN this is going to take place?

I have a friend who lives in Indy, and I periodically go down to visit her.... if your dates correspond to when she and I can get together again, then I may still be able to help. I could just take the long scenic route home after a side trip to Illinois!

Once you know the dates, let me know and I will see if I can still help. :)

phesina
10-27-2007, 12:21 PM
I am about 50 miles NORTH of TOLEDO, so if there is some way I can help, please let me know.

Pat

Anikaca77
10-28-2007, 09:38 AM
I'm going to start posting help for driving on this other yahoo group I belong to.

Tonya said she thinks November 10th would work for her to travel

So I'm going to try to get other people to help with traveling!!

Anikaca77
10-29-2007, 08:02 AM
I just e-mailed someone from Craiglist because I saw this post:

I am driving oneway from Altoona to Milwaukee, WI on Sat November 3rd I am leaving around 1pm. If you're headed that way and want to help with gas and tolls send me an e-mail.

I just e-mailed this person and asked if I gave them some money would they be able to take Jasmine to Illinois and then we'll have to figure out something from there.

I hope this person could help that would really help. I know that's coming up really quickly but I'd have to get some funds together really quickly to give this person some extra $$$ for taking the cat and maybe I could get them to drop the cat off someone near where Cassiemom is and then somehow meet Kym.

Well I just heard back from the person I e-mailed about helping to transport Jasmine and this is what she said:

Melissa,
I thought about it but I don't think I'll be able to help unless Jasmine is accompanied by a human.
Nichole

Medusa
10-30-2007, 11:21 AM
Somehow I missed this post. I live in OH, equidistant between Akron and Canton. If your hook up in OH doesn't follow through, PM me and I may be able to help, depending on what day it is.

Craftlady
10-30-2007, 01:35 PM
This thread is confussing because now there is one started for donating to fly this cat flying (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=135432)