PDA

View Full Version : Please Pray That Theres No Bus Strike In Catmandus Future!

catmandu
10-25-2007, 04:34 PM
AS HE WILL BE ABLE TO HAVE CAT FOOD DELIVERED, AND PROBABLY GET TO HIS WHITE COATS, BUT WE KNOW HE LIKES GOING OUT EVERY DAY AND HAVING LUNCH WITH OUR ANGEL FRIENDS.
THEN HE BRINGS KITTY BAGS. WE KNOW THAT THE ANIMAL WELFARE WILL HELP, AND AUNT JANICE TOO BUT WE KNOW OUR DAD WILL FEEL ISOLATED IF HE CANT GO OUT.
HE WISHES HE WAS CLOSER TO THE STORES NOW.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/cat%20photos%202/cats1011325.jpg
HE WILL BE A SAD CAT DAD IF HE CANT GET OUT!!

momoffuzzyfaces
10-25-2007, 04:42 PM
Lots of prayers on the way from me. I'm in the same boat or bus. Without the bus, I'm stuck. I couldn't even get the animals food. :(

Thankfully, ours aren't planning on going on strike.

Medusa
10-25-2007, 05:15 PM
Oh boy, we'll burn a candle for this one. No strike!

Cinder & Smoke
10-25-2007, 05:20 PM
Who needs a BUS when he's got a Herd o' KATs??

Hitch up a dozen or so a Kats, hook on the Lil Red Wagon ...
and *mush* into towne!

:D

cassiesmom
10-25-2007, 05:24 PM
Catmandu, if I had a car and driver I would send them to you. Please, bus drivers, please resolve your work issues without going on strike.

DrKym
10-25-2007, 05:39 PM
Sending vibes and prayers that Daddy will have full freedom via public transport....Auntie Kym cannot drive so she depends on it when Uncle Jas is at work :eek:

Gary my prayers and thoughts are with you always!

G535
10-25-2007, 07:51 PM
I also depend on public transport so I'll be hoping your buses are always there when you need them. :)

Catty1
10-25-2007, 08:27 PM
Phred - you ever tried to HERD cats???? Poor Gary would be pulled in 6 directions at once - and stay at a standstill! :D

Gary, I hope the Hamilton Transit gets things right. I know our Calgary people were without a contract for a LOOONG time...it isn't always the staff's fault.

PT Prayers that the transit keeps on going.
:)

Donnaj4962
10-25-2007, 08:30 PM
Many prayers that the transit situation gets fixed. I know how I feel when I have no transportation!

Gary, I don't know your age, but here in Indiana, we have Councils on Aging (I work for our local one!) and we provide transportation for anyone over the age of 60! We take seniors to doctor appointments, chemotherapy and dialysis and we take them weekly to get their groceries! Would there be such a system in your area? Just a thought.

catmandu
10-26-2007, 09:48 AM
The Trouble In Hamilton Is That The Majority Of The People, Especially The More Affluent Wouldnt Take The Bus If It Was Free And These Are The Peiople Who Vote And Have The City Councils Ear.
Hamilton Needs Money And The Bus Service Loses Money So They Would Be Happy To Let Them Go On Strike.
The People Who Uses The Buses Here Are The Poor, The Elderly And The Students And Those People Dont Care About Us At All.
But Ive Heard The Strike Wont Be Until January.
The Lucky Found Cats, Come What May Have Lots Of Food, Lots And Lots!!so They Are All Right.
Its Just That I Would Get Cabin Fever, Being Stuck Here 24/7!!
I Like To Get Out Just To Have Something To Do And A Place To Go.

phesina
10-26-2007, 02:59 PM
Prayers coming from us that the buses keep rolling!

Love, purrs, and hugs,
Cats and Pat

lvpets2002
10-26-2007, 04:31 PM
:( Oh my my this is just horrible Uncle Gary.. I sure hope they dont strike & get their sistuation straightened out.. I will do some research on other options for you this weekend.. Positive thoughts here ok.. Bigg Huggss & All the Cats Paws Crossed.. ;)

catmandu
10-26-2007, 04:58 PM
I LIKE CINDER AND SMOKES IDEA OF HITCHING UP THE FOUND PARADISE HOTEL CATS.
BUT FRANKLY THEY ARE A BIT LONG IN THE TOOTH TO BE ABLE TO CARRY THIER FAT OLD OWNER ALL THAT FAR, AND CARRY GROCERIES HOME AS WELL.
I AM JUST PRAYING THAT THEY CAN REACH AN AGREEMENT , BUT THERES A HISTORY OF BAD FEELINGS BETWEEN THE TWO PARTIES!!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/cat%20photos%202/cats1011352.jpg

phesina
10-27-2007, 12:14 PM
I've often thought that the people who actually have the power to make such decisions should be REQUIRED, as the first part of the decision-making process, to use the transit system INSTEAD OF their cars for a week or so.. long enough to get an idea of what's available (or not) on weekdays, weekends, holidays and how easy (or not) it is to manage their lives.

Pat

momoffuzzyfaces
10-27-2007, 05:35 PM
I've often thought that the people who actually have the power to make such decisions should be REQUIRED, as the first part of the decision-making process, to use the transit system INSTEAD OF their cars for a week or so.. long enough to get an idea of what's available (or not) on weekdays, weekends, holidays and how easy (or not) it is to manage their lives.

Pat
I sure agree with that. Here our bus runs from 7:30 am to 5 pm through the week. 9 to 3 on Saturday and forget going anywhere on Sunday! :(

No evening activities for us or Sunday ones either if we need the bus.

catmandu
10-27-2007, 05:45 PM
An Excellent Point Aunt Pat, But The Alderman Of Hamilton Would No More Get On A Hsr Bus, Than Jump Into The Bay.
They All Have Big Fancy Cars Leased For Them Supposedly For Official Business But Which They Use For Themselves 24/7 And Charge All The Expenses To The City.
Just Today I Got A Deal On Wraps 2 For 1, And Got 12 Dollars Off Sale Priced Science Diet Canned 36 For Just Under 18 Dollars, As Well As Getting Ritz Crackers For A Dollar, And Octoberfest Sausage For 1.29!!!
I Couldnt Do Any Of These Without The Bus, And I Would Be Isolated.
My Friend Dale Brought Me Ten Bags Of Litter, So That Wont Be A Problem. The Animal Welfare Is Very Good To The Found Paradise Hotel Cats And I.

cassiesmom
10-27-2007, 07:14 PM

Pat
There's been a lot of talk in Illinois about city and state funding for the Chicago Transit Authority. I'm thinking Mayor Daley has never stood on a crowded rush-hour bus on a humid Chicago summer day, or paid $3.49 a gallon at the filling station because there's no viable alternative to the daily drive. And the state's residents pay for Gov. Blagojevich, who lives in Chicago, to travel back and forth to the state capital, Springfield (about a 3-hour drive) by private airplane.

Don Juan's mom
10-28-2007, 02:10 AM
Oh, that's a sin. I have a car, but I don't like being completely dependent on it (from living most of my life in an East Coast city laid out about 200 years before the advent of the car). I don't know your exact health situation, but I've seen seniors using electric "golf carts" or adult-size tricycles - would one of those options work for you?

What your aldermen may not realize is that public transit benefits drivers, too, by reducing traffic congestion and providing an alternative for people they wouldn't want driving (drunks, people with vision problems, immigrants from places where the traffic laws were drafted by Charles Darwin). Shame that cats are so smart that they won't pull a sled through snow. Here's hoping.

Liz

cassiesmom
11-29-2007, 05:57 PM
Catmandu, what's the latest on the busses? I hope there won't be a strike. The Illinois state legislature is still trying to sort out funding for public transit in Chicago - and as I've heard about that on the news, I've thought of you.

catmandu
12-01-2007, 09:28 AM
NO BUS STRIKE AS THEY AHVE AGREED TO A 4 YEAR DEAL. I THINK THAT THE BUS EMPLOYEES REALIZE THAT THE SERVICE IS LOSING MONEY AND THAT THEY HAVE LITTLE LEVERAGE IN THE NEGOTIATIONS AS THE REGION WOULD LOVE TO CLOSE THEM DOWN AND SAVE A FEW MILLION DOLLARS!!!
WE ARE HAPPY AS NOW WE CAN GET OUT TO EAT!!!!!!
THE PET ANGELS LOVE WHEN WE EAT OUT!!!!!
YUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMY!!!!
:) :rolleyes: :cool: :rolleyes: :cool: :p ;) :cool: :D :cool:

phesina
12-01-2007, 09:49 AM
Great news, Gary! I'm glad that they kept in mind all the people who depend totally on public transportation to get around.

cassiesmom
01-04-2008, 04:38 PM
Yay, Catmandu, for you as a rider I'm glad they worked it out. The Chicago transit "doomsday plan" is back in the news again because the state legislature and the governor can't agree on funding. But, Catmandu, if I ever win a gazillion dollars in the lottery I'm hiring a car and driver for you so you won't have to depend on the bus system.

catmandu
01-04-2008, 05:52 PM
:cool: :rolleyes: :cool: WOW! IF WE HAD A CAR AND DRIVER WE COULD VISIT ALL OUR PET TALKER FRIENDS!
I WOULD HAVE TO HAVE CAT DEPENDS FOR JOSEPH AS HE LOSES IT, LITERALLY ON CAR RIDES. I BET MICHAEL WOULD LOVE MEETING CASSIE AND ALL THE FOUND PARADISE HOTEL CATS MEETING THIER SWEETHEARTS ALTHOUGH MIQUELITO MIGHT BE OUT OF LUCK AS CARS CANT CROSS THE ATLNTIC OCEAN!!!!
:D :D :cool: