PDA

View Full Version : Rattie Fan Club

Christmas_Hamster
10-24-2007, 11:01 PM
I don't know if one was ever started but I think we need one. There are many rat Mommy's and Daddy's here and many rats to be talking about!

So I will start it off by introducing my two girls.

Jazz is my first rat and is a black standard ear and coat rattie. She is quite a character. She had been living in the same petstore for about 6 months and I finally got my parents feeling sorry for her and they let me get her. I waited a little over a year for rats.
http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s176/Bobbyo2/DSCF2856.jpg

I got Milly as a friend for Jazz she had been at the same petstore when I got Jazz living with another siamese rat and a small Jazz-look-alike. But when I got there she was the last rattie and I am very glad that I got her. She loves to give kisses and is a little suck.
http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s176/Bobbyo2/DSCF2942.jpg

And my rat website: Winter Rats (http://www.freewebs.com/jazztherat/index.htm) Please sign the guestbook!!

Christmas_Hamster
10-26-2007, 09:22 PM
Come on guys!!! I know some of you have rats!

At Block Busters they were selling these:
http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s176/Bobbyo2/DSCF3421.jpg
Remmy and they also had his friend the chubby brown rat... name slips my mind :p
Only $10.00 CAD =]

sandragonfly
10-27-2007, 09:41 AM
christmas, knowing how moving little wittles can be - you take such good pictures of them!! jazz looks sooo much like my minnie, my first rat when I was 13!

would my rainbow bridge ratties count?? I don't know.. would be hard to post them all, I miss them all! maybe I can wait until I get mine again though.

Christmas_Hamster
10-27-2007, 11:55 AM
Rainbow rats count to. <3

I usually take about 40 pictures and only about 10 turn out, lol. I love digital cameras though!

Chilli
10-27-2007, 06:45 PM
Holly, I love seeing your girls! Both are so adorable, and Milly is certainly growing up, eh? :]

I'm long overdue on sharing pictures of my pack of rats. I'll try to do so tomorrow.

For those who don't know, my pack consists of:
Otto- one half of my hairless duo(male).
Venny- the other half of the hairless duo(male, aswell)
Garber- squishy agouti hooded(male)
Ophelia - a dumbo agouti capped(female).
Pocky - my agouti standard(female).
Akio - black(ish) banded(female).
Mason- my big blue squish^^(male).

Of course I'm a big rat fan! =D

Christmas_Hamster
10-27-2007, 07:29 PM
Nekkid rats? I'm so jealous. Can't wait for pictures!!

Milly is growing up she is only a little smaller then Jazz now and the mesh will be able to come off their cage soon!

sandragonfly
10-27-2007, 09:22 PM
okay, cool.

I had a solid brown rat named minnie (who looks like a lot jazz! no whites), star an all solid lilac female except with little white star on her forehead (my second heart rat), and bosco a brown/little white male (they were before I knew cameras, rats) and lastly both males, zippers (a dumbo) and buttons my (hooded) third heart rat! he was an excellent traveller. :( I've had bunches of fun with them!! they are little intelligent kids. :)

zippers
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b127/mystichild/ZIPPERS.jpg

buttons
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b127/mystichild/d839b41c.jpg

my father and sister have had some (8-10?) too and I have never really met them. posting this, I definitely miss them more. :( I'm still looking for two good ratties! I can't wait. thanks for letting me share my furkids.

Christmas_Hamster
10-28-2007, 10:25 AM
Buttons and Zippers were adorible and its sounds like Bosco, Minnie and Star were also just as cute. I am sure they were all great. <3

Miss Z
10-28-2007, 10:50 AM
I'll be having another Flossie photo-shoot soon! You'll just have to make do with the pic on my siggie for now. ;) And of course, you'll all remember my gorgeous RB girl, Tia Maria.

sandragonfly
10-28-2007, 11:33 AM
thank you christmas!

hurry up, miss zara. ;)

animal_rescue
10-28-2007, 12:41 PM
I had a few RB rats, none right now.

My first Rat was Blue a Female Russian Blue.
Cotton was a Female Albino Curly Coat.
Candy Female Hooded rat I suppose.
Vanilla Female Hooded rat as well.
Socrates Male brownish?
Ben Male grayish?

Definitely loved them and want to get more some day.

Christmas_Hamster
10-28-2007, 05:16 PM
Curly coat? I am guessing what I know it as...a rex coat? I love rex rats they are so plushy looking. Rest In Peace Blue, Cotton, Candy, Vanilla, Socrates, and Ben.

Miss Z you have to hurry up with those Flossie pics!! And of course I remember Tia. <3

Today I was playing with Milly and Jazz on my bed. (Their cage and a bookshelf is right near the end of my bed.) Anyways Milly was hiding in my sleeve and jazz was very hyper and then suddenly she ran from me on my bookcase and then on top of her cage and just sat there. I was so scared that she would go under my bed (of no return :p). Silly girl.

Miss Z
10-28-2007, 06:07 PM
I've uploaded a few pics and will post them now. :)

Christmas_Hamster
10-30-2007, 02:33 PM
I seen them...they are adorible!!! YAY!!

Chilli
10-30-2007, 04:47 PM
I promise I'll get pictures of my gang soon! We've had a ton of longboarding races recently. I've been too tired to drag my camera out when I let the rats out.
I took pictures of Venny & Mason today, and I'll attempt pictures of the rest tomorrow...maybe. :]

Gina(I hope I got your name right^^), your RB rats are adorable. I wish we could have gotten a chance to know them better. :)

Megan, I remember Ben & Socrates. I miss seeing pictures of them, they sure were handsome little guys. :]

Christmas_Hamster
10-31-2007, 03:09 PM
Chilli I can't wait!!!!

Christmas_Hamster
11-01-2007, 08:51 PM
I posted pictures of Jazz and Milly in a different topic.

Chilli
11-03-2007, 12:09 PM
Well, I suppose I won't be getting pictures of everyone up as soon as I thought.
Otto seems to be losing weight for no apparant reason. :( He'll be going to the vet early next week unless a more sudden change prompts me to take him sooner. We have to take Frisk on tuesday for a thyroid checkup so we'll bring Otto then, aswell. He's acting fine(eating, drinking, his poops look good,etc.). Good thoughts would be appreciated. He's over 2 years old now, I'm always fearful of my older boys developing an illness.....
I can't bear to take pictures of animals who aren't feeling well, so I'm going to hold off on taking pictures of Otto.

Until then, here is a newer picture of Mason. It isn't the greatest, but its better than nothing!
http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r310/CheckAgain/IMG_3455.jpg
He's such a pest. =] (his coloring looks odd in this picture...)
I still plan to share pictures of everyone once Otto gets better!

Christmas_Hamster
11-03-2007, 01:23 PM
Oh I hope Otto feels better *good vibes* Mason is just adorible!!! *squeals* Can't wait for the pics ;)

Christmas_Hamster
12-18-2007, 09:05 PM
Hey guys!!!

Last night I found my comforter half way in my rat cage. Some of it was chewed and they were unhappy when I took it out :p Silly girls!

My Peanuts
12-19-2007, 09:30 AM
I have Euclid and Youseff, two VERY good boys. They are Russian Blues. I love them dearly. Last night I was taking a bath and I let them run around the bathroom. They both decided to jump up on the ledge of the tub and poor Euclid fell in head first. I grabbed him and my silly boy was fine. :) The Youseff cleaned Euclid all over :D. Just on of many rattie antics that go on in my house! I plan on posting pics soon. See thread http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=137012.

My Peanuts
12-19-2007, 09:33 AM
Hey guys!!!

Last night I found my comforter half way in my rat cage. Some of it was chewed and they were unhappy when I took it out :p Silly girls!

Before we moved into our home, my fiance would sleep over. The rat cage was next to my bed and Euclid and Youseff would pull my fiance's pillow with his head on it into the cage, They chewed the pillow case up! :p It's a Martin's cage and the spacing is small so they couldn't pull too much of it in though.

Christmas_Hamster
12-19-2007, 04:48 PM
hehe silly rats. They sound awesome!!

Aspen and Misty
12-19-2007, 09:18 PM
I've had rats in the past, but recently I added 3 new additions to my family.

Please meet:

Hailey, my little dumbo girl. She loves to stand on things like this (weirdo)
http://lh3.google.com/chewysnova/R2YFRTjvTAI/AAAAAAAAEVU/F5vYsri3I6Q/Hailey%20and%20Keemo%201st%20week%20049.jpg?imgmax =640

This is my little Hairless boy Dalton. He is just a little baby right now
http://lh6.google.com/chewysnova/R2YFPDjvS8I/AAAAAAAAEUw/xPpWwgAocQ0/Hailey%20and%20Keemo%201st%20week%20031.jpg?imgmax =640

My other rattie is Sitka. I have no pictures of her right now because a few days after she came to live with me she had 3 little babies. Hopefully at least one of the babies will be a boy so Dalton will have a friend. If not he will get to pick out his own friend from the pet store.

Ashley

IRescue452
12-20-2007, 08:02 PM
I guess I've got to join the club.
My girlfriend and I have...

Mana- 4yr old champagne dumbo girl
Burraku- 8-9months? black berkshire girl
Blue- 8-9months? black hooded girl
Hirschel- 4 months black hooded boy
Meshugganah- 3 months himalayan boy
No name #1- 4-6 weeks black and white boy
No name #2- 4-6 weeks agouti hooded

The unnamed, young boys might be rehomed, but my current boys do get along with them and I do have a big enough cage for 4 boys. They are the result of my having to "go in and take a look" and not being able to come back out empty handed.

Christmas_Hamster
12-20-2007, 09:39 PM
I rescue452 congrats!!! =D

Aspen and Misty: Your rats are adorible!!! Love your nekkie boyto! But please if you do end up havign to go to a pet store to pick a new boy, don't take Dalton with you, if there is any disease at the store your boy could end up with it. =( That is why it is a good idea to quarantine new rats. ;) You can take him it is just a suggestion ;)

Oh Oh guess what!!! I finally have the mesh off the cage!!!! *hurray*

Aspen and Misty
12-20-2007, 10:37 PM
Dalton with you, if there is any disease at the store your boy could end up with it. =( That is why it is a good idea to quarantine new rats. ;)

Sorry should have worded that better. I will go to the pet store, pick out the cutest, most loveable boy in the whole wide world and tell Dalton he has to love him cause I do ;) LOL.

Ash

Christmas_Hamster
12-21-2007, 10:25 PM
Oh okay I really hope that I didn't seem mean <3

I saw the two cutest little nekkie boys at a local petstore, hehe.

IRescue452
12-24-2007, 11:06 PM
The little boys have been named. The black and white is Bautz'ner. The agouti hooded is Löwensenf. 10 points to the person who figures out what they are named after. Give you a hint, its not a law firm.

lute
12-25-2007, 09:06 AM
Aspen and Misty, Dalton is too cute! *steals* :p

I'll add some pics of the ratties I'll be getting next week! FINALLY some ratties for me!!! :D

Aspen and Misty
12-27-2007, 02:54 AM
Lute - Congrats on the new additions!! I simply love my rats and I honestly forgot how funny they are.

The babies opened there eyes yesterday. They are the cuttest all black with white tummies. I will get pics up soon!! All 3 are girls so I'm going to try to find homes for atleast 2, if not all 3. I'm also going to get Dalton a friend tomorrow. The poor guy never leaves his play house and is very upset about being an only rat. Since all 3 babies are girls there is no need to wait any longer so by tomorrow night he should have a little friend. Once I find homes for the 3 babies life will be much simpilier with my original 2 boys, 2 girls. If it proves impossible to place the babies, that will be ok too. I have a HUGE cage that will fit all the girls comfortably. If I ever feel they are too crowded then I'd be more then happy to seperate them into 2 groups of girls, although I did the calculation thing online to see how many rats your cage can hold and it says mine can hold up to 8.

Ashley

Christmas_Hamster
12-27-2007, 12:57 PM
I can't think of why you wouldn't keep the three girls :P

I am sure Dalton will love his new buddy!

irescue452: I have no clue what they are named after but the names sure are cool!

Aspen and Misty
12-27-2007, 08:28 PM
Dalton has a new friend!! I went to petsmart and they told me that someone had put a rat in a cage in the store and abandoned it. They said it was up for adoption and they really wanted to find a good home for him. I told him all about Dalton, his 3 story cage and how much I simply adore the little guy. The employee took me to the new arrivals room and showed me the sweet "little guy". He is the biggest rat I have ever seen in my life!! I can't even hold him with 1 hand! The poor guy had been at the store for over a month in a cage no bigger then a shoe box! I simply couldn't leave him behind so I signed the adoption papers and adopted him. They called him Chuck at the store and I'm pretty sure I'm going to keep the name, it suits this big guy so well. I should have pics up later tonight of my new sweet boy! Wait till you see him!

Christmas Hamster - Keeping the girls will depend on how much work it ends up being. I have no problem cleaning cages or paying for vet bills, food bills and toy bills but I just want to make sure everyone gets the time they deserve. I feel like I went from no rats to 7 rats in like a week and it is a bit overwhelming right now. I just need to get a handle on them and see what happens. Every day I feel like we get a bit more settled into a routine and every day it becomes easier to make sure everyone gets there alone time with mom. Once I have only 2 cages (one for girls, one for boys) I really feel like it will be easier. For now though with a cage for mom and babies, a cage for Hailey and another cage for Dalton it's a lot of work, time and energy.

Ashley

Aspen and Misty
12-28-2007, 11:36 PM
I GOT THEM!!! I can't seem to get any decent pics of them. My mom is not thrilled to say the least, but my dad, who was scared of them at first absolutely adores these little boys! Their names are Mean and Cleaver. I know,they are weird, but my friend and I got all crazy and got to thinkin of funny names. Pics soon! :D

OMG!!! Congrats and I can't wait for pics!! What are there personlities like? I'm so happy for you and I can't wait to meet the two new little boys!!

CongRATS again, ;)

Ashley

Christmas_Hamster
12-29-2007, 01:24 AM
Congratties on the ratties XP

And yay for Chuck! (did you keep the name?)

Milyl and Jazz are doing great!!

Christmas_Hamster
02-17-2008, 07:35 AM
I have redecorated Jazz and Milly's cage with fleece hammocks, tube hammocks and liners!

And two more ratties! Their names are Nattie and Maggie!

Sorry to double post but I just wanted to bring this up again.

lute
03-10-2008, 08:46 PM
OMG!!! Congrats and I can't wait for pics!! What are there personlities like? I'm so happy for you and I can't wait to meet the two new little boys!!

CongRATS again, ;)

Ashley

These boys have the best personalities. They are so sweet and just love to be in your hoodie pocket and even give kisses. Meat is little shy, but is better than he was when he first got here.

Christmas_Hamster
03-11-2008, 08:30 PM
I am glad the rats a doing well =)

I caught Nattie, Jazz, Maggie and Milly sleeping together in their hammock today....no pic :( but yay all together fianlly!

lute
03-11-2008, 10:22 PM
My rattie boys love their hammock too. They use it more like a "softer landing" when they jump off their perching stick. :rolleyes: