PDA

View Full Version : Feelings of guilt

NicoleLJ
10-24-2007, 09:08 PM
I am feeling a little guilty tonight. Today Ronan is a week old, I know hard to believe. So he got his circumcision done today. This is the one things I don't like about having boys. I hate having this done, though I do believe it should be(personal opinion). I hate hearing them cry as it is being done. I hate teh pain that is being caused to them. I cried while he was away from me having it done.

He is fine and sleeping soundly. We had it done this morning and in 5 - 8 days it should be all healed and fine but I still feel bad about him having to go through the pain of it. Sometimes I hate teh decisions I have to make with being a mom.
Nicole & Ronan

caseysmom
10-24-2007, 09:23 PM
Me and hubby argued about that subject, had girls so never got too heated but I was against he was for. It is a personal decision and he is your son, I don't think its wrong to do just unnecessary.

Catty1
10-24-2007, 09:26 PM
{{{{{hugs}}}}} I thought they gave wee ones at least a local anesthetic!

My GP, Stephanie (she is so cool) spent years giving babies their first shots and having the MOMS cry.

She has had a couple of lovely children in the past several years, and now TOTALLY understands! Seems like part of being a mom is you hurt even worse than your baby!

{{{{hugs}}}} It's ok, Nicole.

Taz_Zoee
10-24-2007, 09:51 PM
I thought this was something that was done within hours of birth. :confused: Guess I was wrong.

Yes, I used to watch my niece when she was a baby and I had to take her to get shots. I cried so hard when they took her temp....not orally. Because she was screaming!!! It's difficult, but they do not remember it when they get older.

Cataholic
10-25-2007, 08:16 AM
I hated it, and was so hesitant in having it done. I wouldn't do it again, if I could change things and go back.

sandragonfly
10-25-2007, 11:24 AM
excuse my question, what's circumsicion really for? I didn't even know it could be done on girls too! does it has something to do with religion too? health benefits?

I could google it up but would also like to know why you, cataholic, wouldn't do it again IF it would do it some good? just interested!

caseysmom
10-25-2007, 11:29 AM
This is in reference to boys only, female circumsision is mutilation and I am sure nobody here advocates that.

Muddy4paws
10-25-2007, 03:14 PM
I think the female version is disgusting and should be banned, I can understand some medical reasons for males to have it done but for religious reason they just dont wash with me.

lizbud
10-25-2007, 04:52 PM
I thought this was something that was done within hours of birth. :confused: Guess I was wrong.

I don't think you are wrong because I remember it that way too. Maybe
it's different with each Dr. I've only heard health reasons for having it done.

sirrahbed
10-25-2007, 05:03 PM
I hated it

hated it also when I forced myself to listen alone at the door to the cry of my last son - only so he would not feel different from his brother

would never do it again for any reason or condone if asked

i judge not for name of God

DrKym
10-25-2007, 05:55 PM
Nikki, Adrian was done at 3 days old while I was downstairs getting a tubal, they did give him a local, I do not regret or question my decision.

My decision was based on what was easier for him to keep clean, at the time his Father and I were having issues, and since I knew NOTHING of how to clean a penis that wasn't "cut" I took the easier way out.

He is 10 and so far has not had any issues with being "done" although he did see in the shower at football an "uncut" penis and did ask a few questions.

Please don't feel guilty, as parents we are often called upon to make decisions that we may not see the effects of til much later in life :rolleyes:

Love Kym

KYS
10-25-2007, 07:53 PM
Please don't feel guilty, he will not remember a thing.
It's normal for a mom to feel bad when their baby cries,
My sisters felt guilty for about a second. (well until the crying stopped.) :D
Done for health reasons and 100% for it.
I will p.m. you the benefits of circumcision that I found
from a medical brochure.
To long or I would post it here.

caseysmom
10-25-2007, 09:28 PM
I shared a room with a mom of a boy during my stay with my second daughter, I walked into the nursery to get her and the nurse blocked me, I said don't worry I have a girl...it was circumcision time. I went back to my room and my roommate said "did you go down there, was it awful", I said oh no it was fine...but I tell you there was screaming goin on!