PDA

View Full Version : Thursday 235- a little introspection?

RICHARD
10-24-2007, 02:17 PM
It's been a heck of a few days here in the charcoal.....Ah, Sunshine State.

I figured a nice quite Thursday might be in order. Thank goodness everyone is safe and the winds have died down.....

So I figured we all could take a few seconds to be thankful that things didn't get any worse than they could have.

A toast to firefighters, pilots and all who serve.
Cheers!

davidpizzica
10-24-2007, 02:55 PM
RICHARD, may I have a cold slushie and when I get it I'll raise my glass high to honor those very brave men and women who are fighting this vicious fire. RICHARD, do you live near where the fires are?

catland
10-24-2007, 03:04 PM
Hugs to all of our So-Cal pettalkers - especially those who have had to evacuate.

RedHedd
10-24-2007, 04:12 PM
Raising a glass of ice cold iced tea. Thank you to our hard-working firefighters who have had quite a battle on their hands dealing with the wind-driven fiery maelstrom - I almost typed male-storm, but I'll leave THAT for another day ;)

I'm glad the winds are dying down and the humidity is on its way up. Let's all get together and do a good, hearty rain dance! C'mon Mario! Let's boogie!

gini
10-24-2007, 05:48 PM
Hello everyone at Thursdays. I just read a story about a woman who returned to her home after being evacuated. As she turned the corner to her street she was stunned to see so many homes burned to the ground - but hers was still standing.

As she drove into her driveway she immediately noticed that her front door was smashed in. She went into her home and went into the kitchen to find Gateraid bottles all over the place as well as Powerbar wrappers.

But there was also a note................

"Sorry about your front door and the mess in the kitchen - but we were able to save your home for you. Your Firefighters

Let's hear it for our unsung heroes - !!!!

Killearn Kitties
10-24-2007, 06:05 PM
A thoughtful night seems to be in order. Do things seem to be under control now? I thought several were still spreading this morning.

Anyway, I will drink a toast to all who have helped. More power to you!

RICHARD
10-24-2007, 06:30 PM
A thoughtful night seems to be in order. Do things seem to be under control now? I thought several were still spreading this morning.

Anyway, I will drink a toast to all who have helped. More power to you!

Well, we are in better sorts today...no real heavy smoke, no wind and a bunch of tough people watching over us. Name your poison? DONE!

Gini,
That story said it all.

Redd,

Ice tea and steel toe shoes.....I am dancing!

DONE!

Catland,

I am sure the will get passed on!

David,

With pleasure....I live about 10 miles from the Santa Clarita fires with a whole slew of family in that area. All accounted for, all safe!

One slushie!

Done!

And a toast.... Mario, no butter......MARIO!

DONE?

davidpizzica
10-25-2007, 05:22 AM
RICHARD, I'm glad to hear that your family is accounted for and are safe.

cyber-sibes
10-25-2007, 08:03 AM
I'll join your toast to the firefighters! (Can I toast with coffee? It's still early here on the East Coast :o )

The pictures are really frightening. I keep thinking of all the wild animals who are out there too. :( (sorry, don't mean to bring this down, but I'm very sad for them, so many lives will be lost. At least people can re-build.) I hope & pray all our PTers are safe & well.

ilovemypup
10-25-2007, 09:24 AM
Hi,

I will toast my glass of milk to them!
I don't live near, but I have most of my family down there, thank god they are safe:)

-Ali

Edwina's Secretary
10-25-2007, 10:42 AM
grumble...grumble..grumble...

Tired and crabby today. Even with the a/c (and what will that cost???!) I did not sleep much last night. Seems adequate breathing and sleeping go together. The air is so bad here right now. The winds have shifted and the smoke from the fires is coming our way.

What I would like to ask all those who say to me..."don't you just LOVE California weather?" which is their favorite season? ...Wildfires, Mud Slides, Earthquakes, or Heat Waves? Let me guess...it is the TRAFFIC you love....

grumble...grumble...grumble

lizbud
10-25-2007, 11:55 AM
grumble...grumble..grumble...

Tired and crabby today. Even with the a/c (and what will that cost???!) I did not sleep much last night. Seems adequate breathing and sleeping go together. The air is so bad here right now. The winds have shifted and the smoke from the fires is coming our way.

grumble...grumble...grumble

Humm, I was just going to ask about the air quality now, since I heard the
wind had shifted. (in your picture thread in General) Do the air filter masks
help at all? Hope this all clears up soon for everyone.

Richard, Could I have a coffee with a splash of Baileys? It's mighty chilly
here this morning. :)

Killearn Kitties
10-25-2007, 12:59 PM
Oh Sara, you need a cool drink. How about a nice glass of chilled white wine? It's 7pm here.

Edwina's Secretary
10-25-2007, 01:10 PM
Well...as long as it is after 7:00...a nicely chilled white wine would be nice. Straberries to go with it?

Killearn Kitties
10-25-2007, 01:11 PM
Oh absolutely! I think we all deserve both.

RICHARD
10-25-2007, 04:02 PM
Oh absolutely! I think we all deserve both.

Strawberries and a chilled white?

DONE!

ES,

Hope your air gets better.... I hope you never have to do the earthquake thing, traffic is bad enough.

Berries and wine? DONE!

Liz,
Coffee, Bailey's and a seat by the fireplace! :eek:

David,

Thank you......It sure is good not to have to worry!

DONE!

Ilovemy pup,

One glass of milk? DONE!

CS,

A toast with coffee....You have to get the butter from Mario!

KYS
10-25-2007, 08:10 PM
I want to join the toast for our brave firefighters, law enforcement and
volunteers etc..... too.
(I do hope they catch all the low lifes who started the arson fires.) :(

Pawsitive Thinking
10-26-2007, 05:20 AM
I raise my glass to you all!

momoffuzzyfaces
10-26-2007, 01:12 PM
A cherry limeade for me, please!

A toast for all the brave people battling the fires in CA, (((HUGS))) for all the ones who have lost their homes or had to evacuate or even had to breathe the air; a swift kick in the pants to anyone who started any of those fires.

sweetpatata6
10-26-2007, 03:06 PM
A strawberry and bananna smoothie for me for the toast

moosmom
10-28-2007, 09:12 AM
Sorry I'm late.

I'll take a New England Iced Tea. What IS a New England Iced Tea??? It's 4C Iced Tea to Go raspberry flavored with LOTS of vodka!!!

Another drink mix:

Donna's Hard Lemonade. Sort of like Mike's Hard Lemonade only it's made with Crystal Light Pink Lemonade and LOOOOOTTTTTTSSSS of vodka??

Cherrio!!!!

gini
10-28-2007, 09:22 AM
Holy cow, Donna, that sounds like a humdinger way to start out Sunday.:D

I think Richard is snoozing somewhere, but I will try to find him and wake him up to mix you a drink.