PDA

View Full Version : Two Cockatiels got a home!! :)

Taz_Zoee
10-23-2007, 04:30 PM
My friend/co-worker is moving and cannot take her birds with her. She trusted me to help her find a good home for them, preferrably together since they are caged together. Here is a little more about them, and she is going to get some pictures I can post later.

1 Standard Grey with orange cheek patches and yellow comb, grey skin, 5 years old (purchased as a young bird) name – Phoenix – Temperament is affectionate loves scratching and preening by humans on face and neck. Dislikes fast movements and touching other parts of his body, likes giving & getting kisses. Will bite if scared, teased or provoked.

1 Creamy yellow with orange cheek patches, pink skin, approximate age - 6 years (purchased as an adult bird) name – Pharaoh – Temperament is hostile towards humans, mostly a bluff, he prefers the company of his cage mate to humans. If kept separately he may act differently. He used to be more affectionate before they were caged together. He likes to roam around on his own, but often follows Phoenix around to see if he can get a preening.

Both birds - Like warm showers with owner & his cage mate (one on either arm to keep them separated). Both like to sit under warm dryer to preen on a play cage. All cages, trees and toys free with birds, just want an attentive owner to give lots of love. Both like ½ dish filled with fruit flavored bird pellets on the shape of berries & bananas, ½ filled with cockatiel seed mix. They don’t like too much wet foods, except wheat grass, it’s a favorite along with fresh millet stalks.

Taz_Zoee
11-05-2007, 12:46 PM
I know this is a long shot, asking people to help with these birds. But she finally got some pictures for me. Thanks for looking.:)
http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q47/Taz_Zoee/Birds004.jpg
http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q47/Taz_Zoee/Birds012.jpg

Taz_Zoee
11-27-2007, 09:44 PM
Well, I thank everyone for looking at this thread. And I'm happy to announce that my friends parents were finally convinced to take the birds in until my friends gets a place where she can take them back. :D Her daughter actually lives with her parents and she, the daughter, said she would take care of them for her. That was very confusing...but the point is, they have a home, together. :)

crow_noir
11-28-2007, 03:18 AM
Confusing yes, but the most important part is that they're going to be OK!!! :-)

I've been hoping for a positive update to this.

I've looked, but i'm so far away. The only other non-international pet forums i belong to besides a MI one are NJ and AL. Not exactly much help.

Well, I thank everyone for looking at this thread. And I'm happy to announce that my friends parents were finally convinced to take the birds in until my friends gets a place where she can take them back. Her daughter actually lives with her parents and she, the daughter, said she would take care of them for her. That was very confusing...but the point is, they have a home, together.

Taz_Zoee
11-28-2007, 08:27 PM
Thank you crow_noir for even thinking about looking. :) I appreciate it.

Yes, my friend is very happy that she will be able to visit them and evenutally get them back when her living situation is better.

sandragonfly
11-28-2007, 08:43 PM
hey.. I did looked. too! daily, as your thread/username has been on front page for a long time. just lurking, hoped and waited for update. until today! couldn't think of anything or something to say to help.. glad she gets to keep them! together. :)

Taz_Zoee
11-29-2007, 09:56 AM
:) Well, thank you too Gina. Yes, she's very happy. :D