PDA

View Full Version : Advice needed for California cat...links to Rescue threads

Catty1
10-22-2007, 10:34 PM
http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=135131

UPDATE #1 http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=135170

I have sent this lady the Pet Talk link, and she is signing up - I told her that was the best way to get fast answers...since I don't know how long approval will take, I am posting her latest update. Please see the posts in Rescue or use the links above to get into the loop.

I basically told her to take the kitty to Rikki's Refuge, a new no-kill shelter on 300 acres. They will neuter this kitty - and the lady can get her $300 pet deposit back(she already had 3 other cats).

I also told her that I thought one attack did not prove anything about the cat...heck, he's been there one night and is on antibiotics and everything is new to him.

Her email: [email protected] (don't know her name).

BUT I need help suggestions and fast. Long story short he got out of the crate, realllllly attacked one of my cats thank God not hurt bad though. Called vet they said he probably won't change his ways even if he's fixed at 1 yr old. Showing/proving dominance here. After alllllllllll I've gone thru physically, emotionally and financially and I love him, WHAT do I do now? another home being the only cat???????? I'm so tired. Please pass this on so I can get other suggestions/thoughts. Vet said looks like a manx totally no tail, small tuft of hair where tail should be.

catmandu
10-22-2007, 10:48 PM
Thats A Sad Situation.
There Are Some Cats Sadly Who Have Come To Regard Other Cats As Rivals For Thier Dinner Ad Survival, And This Cat May Well Need To Be The Only Cat!
Thats A Sad Thing That You Are Attached, And We Hope That Someone A Place Can Be Found For Him Where He Will Be The Boss Cat.

Catty1
10-22-2007, 11:10 PM
Well, Gary - he has only been there one night, and even with him being unneutered, I think it's a little early to tell.

At least he checked out negative for nasty stuff at the vet, and is on some antibiotics.

I look forward to hearing from this gal on Pet Talk, because she will get lots of good advice.

She saved his life, and loves him...even my mentioning possibly rehoming him was hurtful to her.

So if he is neutered (I sent a list of free/lo cost spay neuter places), and the proper introductions are done slowly, he might be ok. He does need to eat and get fattened up a bit! Poor baby has been through a lot!