PDA

View Full Version : And.. Hobbes the Snakee!

sandragonfly
10-22-2007, 07:51 PM
start here (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?p=1922562)..

and here's hobbes the snake! I am as excited as a kid. :D

for my early birthday gift, hobbes was given to me by a friend last tuesday who knew I always would love for a snake and is absolute a sweetheart!! if you can tell by seeing a heart-shaped marking on his head. ;) so I thought of a name started with 'h' - hobbes! he's only 11 weeks old now and would grow up up to about four feet or so, and about a dollar coin-size diameter.

he rarely gets flicked when his mommy accidentally bumps his face with her busy hand or fingers (signing). he loves to weave actively through my fingers; very brave as far as he would go hanging, stretching his one-third body off! he eats a pinky weekly and doesn't mind the cats. soo cute to watch. when I go out, I'd almost often bring him along with me as he likes travel and to wrap himself around my hand and sleep. especially sleeping up in circles in my sweater "pouch" while I drive or eat with a friend. I've brought him to my school once and everybody who met my hobbes loved him! he's now known to change people's heart... he eventually had two people who swore they'll never touch a snake wanting touched him and now one of them wants one! he now has quite a few fans and is totally stroked. :D

here's him .. my little redorange boy
http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t88/americadroplets/DSCF2604x.jpg
and welcome to our ark too hobbes!! looking forward to learn more from you in and for many, many years.

Sevaede
10-22-2007, 08:25 PM
Aww! You have a real beauty there, Gina! :D Of course, I'm not biased. ;) Amel corns are so pretty!

Ohhhh, Kimmy!!... isn't he cuttttttte? :D

jennielynn1970
10-22-2007, 09:00 PM
Wow... gorgeous colors on him! What kind of snake is he? Does he have to have a special environment or tank that he lives in (sun lamp and such??). I'm not too familiar with snake care, lol.

sandragonfly
10-23-2007, 01:33 PM
jenn, he's an albino corn snake. he only needs a heat pad under his tank/bedding and all is good! (a water bowl and enhancements of course too). corn snakes aren't as high maintenance as you think it is...(referred to me lol). they're often the pets for beginners.

thanks both! :) I'm having soo much fun with him and can't wait until he eats again - wednesday is his days.

Suki Wingy
10-24-2007, 03:06 PM
OH he's gorgeous! My dad bought a cornsnake 2 weekeds ago, I was surprised at what a great pet it made. Enjoy that gorgeous snake!

ramanth
10-25-2007, 11:30 PM
He is very cute. Looks a lot like Lucy did at that age.

sandragonfly
10-27-2007, 09:59 AM
yes, more than gorgeous as he loves showing himself off to fans. :D oops I re-read my post and I meant two-third! he often hangs his 2/3 body off my hand, exploring the air really. :p

thanks kim. lucy's an albino too?

Chilli
10-27-2007, 06:23 PM
Hobbes has another fan here, too! :D
What a gorgeous boy, congratulations.

ramanth
11-01-2007, 09:28 PM
Nope. Lucy is a creamsicle, but the two morphs look similar when they are young.

critter crazy
11-01-2007, 09:29 PM
Hobbes is a very pretty snake. Too bad hubby wont allow any in the house, cause I would have a few!:D

KittyGurl
11-02-2007, 05:55 PM
Congrats on the new adittion! Hobbes is a beautiful snake!

Miss Z
11-02-2007, 06:53 PM
Can't believe I missed this earlier! Hobbes is beautiful!

sandragonfly
11-02-2007, 10:13 PM
I'm very sad to tell you, hobbes is gone. :(

hobbes, you're missed (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?p=1928245). :( :( :(

KittyGurl
11-03-2007, 11:00 AM
I am so sorry, Gina. You will be missed, Hobbes. :(