PDA

View Full Version : The Ark Welcomes ...

sandragonfly
10-22-2007, 07:35 PM
our two new additions; a snake and betta! and I as a meowmie, of course am proud to introduce them both. :D

first, scruffy the betta - then I'll do the snake in his own thread in case of phobia. I got this beautiful retired emerald blue, red-torqish betta fish from a friend as she's moving away last monday, the 15th. retired, you say? well, he used to be my friend's working-buddy, swims around and bubbles a "hi" at everyone at her work and kept her company. he's a little bugger! he loves to eat and always finishes his 18 pellets daily. his personality is very out-going, brave and utterly curious.. he seems to be enjoying his home and swimming through his colorful foliage (as much as his mom loves colors! remember she has a dog named crayola). ;)

he spends his time swimming around the tank from top to bottom, swaying side to side and when he's extremely happy, he'll make himself a bubbly nest. at some time he has these burst of energy where for no apparent reason he darts into his shelter and back out again, saying "hey, when will you ever play 'you're it!' with me??" :) when I sit in the chair next to the tank feeding my mendo (chinchilla), he hangs over on that side and looks interested in my actions. sometimes he'd then get bored with me, swims away to get lost in the foliage and greets himself to each and every pebbles. how cute is that?? lol...so much for a little fish! but I love him to every bits. :)

here's a shot of him ..
http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t88/americadroplets/DSCF2404x.jpg

oh and do you think scruffy should be a keep? I might would want to change his name.. but anyway for now, hello scruffy! :D

it's so nice to have a fish again.

jennielynn1970
10-22-2007, 08:57 PM
He's a gorgeous betta, Gina! I remember having one when I was in college. He was so handsome and colorful. My roommates were horrible, and when I went home one weekend, they gave him alcohol and he ended up dying. :( Haven't had a fish since then...

Good luck with your new guy!

Christmas_Hamster
10-23-2007, 06:56 AM
So sorry about your betta jenn_librarian

sandragonfly: He is so handsome. My betta, Tux(RIP), had the same colouring!

sandragonfly
10-23-2007, 01:44 PM
oh those people don't surprise me. :mad: :( but you live alone now right? I hope you'll considerate for another one! they're fun to watch.

thank you christmas, he knows that and would become reddish if he could blush! :)