PDA

View Full Version : Prayers for Skinny

Craftlady
10-22-2007, 04:05 PM
He had to go to vet today.
Diagnosis is gastroenteritis. He got an antibotic shot and we start the liquid antibotic tomorrow. Also taking a tummy pill which I have to go get filled at the pharmacy, called Sucralfate. Going to be a pain to give because I have to separate by 2 hours with food or other medications (twice a day doseage).
He cant have the antibotic liquid at same time (that's every 12 hrs).
:eek:

Katjaye
10-22-2007, 04:23 PM
Prayers for you and your beloved Skinny. Good luck and I hope everything turns out good. I hope he is an easy kitty to give meds to...as that sounds like a lot of medicines!

Catty1
10-22-2007, 04:46 PM
Ow, poor Skinny - that must hurt!

Prayers that the medication works quickly and he feels better soon.

Hope the schedule doesn't get too crazy for you, Becky.

Taz_Zoee
10-22-2007, 04:49 PM
Yes, poor Skinny. I had gastroenteritis in high school and missed a week of summer school. It was NOT fun.
I hope Skinny is better soon. And good luck with the meds schedule.

Medusa
10-22-2007, 04:51 PM
Lots of healing energy going out to Skinny.......

jenluckenbach
10-22-2007, 04:59 PM
Prayers and good thoughts for Skinny.

rg_girlca
10-22-2007, 05:47 PM
Oh Skinny, I am so sorry to hear that you are not feeling well.
Prayers and positive thoughts on the way that the medicine will clear you up fast and you have a full recovery.

Craftlady
10-22-2007, 07:01 PM
My pharmacy helped with a schedule. 8 a.m. pill 10 a.m. antibotic
8 p.m. pill 10 p.m. antibotic
Inbetween all this no food within 2 hr time span of the pill dose.

I mashed it up and put it in vanilla yogart, he liked :)

Our vet and staff were so sweet today. We have come to conclusion that "stress" has maybe caused the problem. Skinny maybe realizing Thumper is not coming back home. Also, today was hubby's first day back to work (school was off all last week for Fall Break) and Skinny kept going around from room to room for a while looking kinda lost.

We are to watch him and make sure he is eating etc. IF he were to stop eating than back in he goes for xrays. That isnt going to be the course of action :)

jennielynn1970
10-22-2007, 07:05 PM
Awe.... poor guy! Hope he will feel better!

catmandu
10-22-2007, 11:28 PM
Many Many Pryaers Going Out To Dear Skinny, That His Vets Knowledge And His Meowmies Love Can Put Him Back On The Road To Good Health.
Its So Sad When Your Friends Dont Feel Well, And You Wnat To Help Them So Badly!!!

krazyaboutkatz
10-23-2007, 12:44 AM
Poor Skinny.:( I sure hope that the meds will help him and that he'll feel better soon.

CultureJunky
10-23-2007, 04:26 AM
Awww poor skinny, I hope you're feeling much better soon and the anti-biotics work for you really quickly. Get Well Soon, Skinny ;)

Catsnclay
10-23-2007, 11:25 AM
Poor Skinny!

Isn't it amazing how they 'know' things and then stress over them, just like you or I would??!

Sure hope Skinny makes a fast recovery!

Medusa
10-23-2007, 11:45 AM
Now we're sending out lots of calming energy to Skinny. Hang in there, boy.....