PDA

View Full Version : Prayers and good thoughts requested for Marta's surgery *Week 5 Update #48!!*

Pembroke_Corgi
10-22-2007, 12:13 PM
Marta tore her cruciate ligament and needs to have surgery. :( She will be going in on Wednesday to have a suture put in her left rear knee so she can walk again.

Please, if you could, keep her in your thoughts and prayers.

I am devastated to see her so hurt, and I just hope that she can make a full recovery and that she gets through surgery just fine.

lvpets2002
10-22-2007, 12:19 PM
:( Ouchy = I am so sorry for the discomfort wittle one.. Hope all goes well.. Sending Good Vibes & Prayers..

Daisy and Delilah
10-22-2007, 12:22 PM
Thoughts and prayers going out for all of you. Marta, I know how you feel sweetie. I hope you have a safe surgery and speedy recovery. :)

Ginger's Mom
10-22-2007, 12:41 PM
Good thoughts going out for the lovely Marta. I am sure you will do fine, Marta. Maybe Mom will be able to get some pictures of you when you are recuperating.

chocolatepuppy
10-22-2007, 03:55 PM
Pawsitive thoughts and prayers for Marta. My Lacey had both of her knees done. Marta will be okay.

sandragonfly
10-22-2007, 04:03 PM
:( she (and you'll) be in my thoughts. hope sir jury will go well - please keep us posted...

Karen
10-22-2007, 04:14 PM
Poor Marta! You'd think Corgis were built low enough to the ground to not be at risk for that kinda damage. Paul - who has torn cartilage in his own knee so knows how painful that is - and I will keep Marta in our prayers.

lizbud
10-22-2007, 04:15 PM
I am so sorry that Marta is hurting so. :( Prayers & positive thoughts for a
successful surgery & smooth recovery. We'll be thinking of you both on Weds.

cassiesmom
10-22-2007, 05:15 PM
Fingers crossed, prayers offered ... Feel better, sweet Marta!

cyber-sibes
10-22-2007, 07:20 PM
paws crossed & prayers going out for Marta. Poor baby, that sounds ouchie. :(

Freedom
10-22-2007, 07:31 PM
OUCH! Marta, sweetie, I am sending your lots of prayers from RI, and I am asking your mom to give you a tummy rub and something good to eat! I will be checking to see how things go on Wednesday, dear girl.

gemini9961
10-22-2007, 07:59 PM
Prayers for Marta. I had a co-worker one who's pup had bilateral cruciate repair done and he was a big fella, about 90 pounds. I'm sure Marta will be good to go in no time just like my co-workers pup. :)

RobiLee
10-22-2007, 09:52 PM
Prayers and good thoughts going out for Marta and you.

kallisto4529
10-22-2007, 10:06 PM
Lots of thoughts and prayers that you have a safe surgery and a speedy and safe recovery.

shais_mom
10-22-2007, 11:42 PM
I'm so sorry to hear this. I'll be keeping you both in my thoughts and prayers.

bckrazy
10-23-2007, 02:24 AM
Awww, Marta! =( Poor little girl. I really, really, really hope you're all better and running around again soon.

lizbud
10-23-2007, 07:05 PM
We'll be thinking of you tomorrow Marta. Hope all goes well for you. :)

Logan
10-24-2007, 07:55 AM
Good luck today, Marta. I'm so sorry you have to have sir jury. :( Be a good girl so you can run again soon.

Logan

Pembroke_Corgi
10-24-2007, 09:45 AM
Thanks for all of your well wishes. I really appreciate it.

I took Marta in to the vet about half an hour ago, and I will not see her till Friday morning. :( They said I should call around 2:30 today though to see how she is. That will be about the time she is coming out of the anesthesia.

I figure I will distract myself today and tomorrow by buying Marta some "get well" toys and treats!

Taz_Zoee
10-24-2007, 09:48 AM
Aww, that's gotta be hard on you. Can you go visit her before she comes home on Friday? That's a LONG time to be without the kid. :eek:
I hope everything goes well and she will be home and on the mend with you before you know it.

cyber-sibes
10-24-2007, 10:03 AM
:) We'll keep her in our prayers. It's really hard when they stay at the vets, there's just something missing, hope she'll be good as new when she gets home! (((hugs))) Have fun picking out new toys!

Pembroke_Corgi
10-24-2007, 10:03 AM
Aww, that's gotta be hard on you. Can you go visit her before she comes home on Friday? That's a LONG time to be without the kid. :eek:
I hope everything goes well and she will be home and on the mend with you before you know it.
Thanks. I know, two whole days will seem forever! Already Vallis is wandering around looking lost without her. I didn't ask if I could visit, but it might be harder her on her really, to see me and want to come home but to still be stuck in a cage there. At least I know she will be monitored and kept safe!

Taz_Zoee
10-24-2007, 11:27 AM
Thanks. I know, two whole days will seem forever! Already Vallis is wandering around looking lost without her. I didn't ask if I could visit, but it might be harder her on her really, to see me and want to come home but to still be stuck in a cage there. At least I know she will be monitored and kept safe!

That's true. Well, keep yourself busy. :)

pitc9
10-24-2007, 03:46 PM
Sending you and Marta well wishes!!

My parent's RB Toby had her ACL repaired when she was 2, being a GSD mix, she was about 65 pounds and I was afraid it would slow her down once she got older. She gently passed to the bridge at the age of 13!!

Sending {{hugs}} to you and I hope your time without her at home with you go by fast!!

Freedom
10-24-2007, 06:24 PM
Just checking for the 2:30 report! I'll look back again in a while.

cassiesmom
10-24-2007, 07:18 PM
Just checking in at 7:15 PM Wednesday. I'll check again later. Get well very soon , sweet Marta!

Pembroke_Corgi
10-24-2007, 09:49 PM
Thanks, everyone! Good news!

Sorry I couldn't update sooner, I had to call from work and I just got home. They said she got through surgery great, and that she is just sleeping (and very drugged up with painkillers, etc.). I'm so relieved that she's ok! :)

Now I just have to wait till Friday (Ok, I will have to check back tomorrow, too) for her to come home! I'm trying to read up on what to do. They will let me know more on Friday, but I guess I will have to keep her completely confined for 2 weeks and do some sort of physical therapy with her leg, then be careful for another month or so. I'm thinking about buying a larger crate so she has room to stretch out but still keep off her leg.

Giselle
10-24-2007, 11:29 PM
Oh no!! All paws and fingers crossed here for Marta's fast and safe recovery!!!

caseysmom
10-25-2007, 12:16 AM
I am glad everything went fine, it will be Friday before you know it.

Freedom
10-25-2007, 08:25 AM
First -- the MAJOR -- hurdle crossed, hooray! Now to work on the recovery and physical therapy. Glad things are making progress for sweet Marta!

ramanth
10-25-2007, 04:42 PM
I'm so happy to hear the surgery went well!! Hope your recovery is swift Marta.

Taz_Zoee
10-25-2007, 04:49 PM
Woo Hoo! Glad everything went well. And look, we are even closer to Friday now. :D

lizbud
10-25-2007, 05:10 PM
I was checking in for any other updates on Marta. I'm glad she gets some
extra hours of healing & being checked out by the Vet & staff. I was reminded
of Buddy's surgery & how glad he was to remain quiet when he got home. It
takes awhile for them to get all their strength back & for the tissue to heal.

Hugs to the little patient. :)

Tollers-n-Dobes
10-25-2007, 05:13 PM
Sorry I missed this earlier! I'm glad everything went well and I hope she's back to her regular self soon. :)

Pembroke_Corgi
10-26-2007, 11:10 AM
She is home now!! :D :D

She is her same old self, which means it will be hard to keep her from wanting to be normal for a while! The other pets were super excited to see her, Vallis RAN in after being let out from his crate and tried to figure out how to get in her pen with her. (I bought her a pen with windows so she can relax on her bed and see all the action and not be stuck in a crate all the time). :)

I gave them all some bully sticks to calm things down for a while, so they are all in their spots chewing away. I'm so glad that Marta is home and she is doing so well.

Now I just need to remember to give her her 8 pills a day (4 twice a day, various antibiotics and pain relief meds) and do her exercises. I'm so happy!!! :D

Thanks for all of your well wishes and support, Marta and I really appreciate it!!!

I will get some pictures of her later. :)

cyber-sibes
10-26-2007, 11:19 AM
Welcome home Marta! Everyone is SO happy you are back & your little surgery went well. Now try very hard to understand mom is keeping you "secluded" for your own good, sweetie, so you can heal perfectly. We send belly rubs & ear skritches, & kissies, sweet girl!

Taz_Zoee
10-26-2007, 12:19 PM
Woo Hoo!! :D :D Isn't is such a relief to have her home? :) Hoping for a quick recovery. Marta listen to mommy, you must take it easy for a while so you can go crazy later! :)

pitc9
10-26-2007, 01:47 PM
Glad she's back home!!!

Now sit still for a little while honey, and you'll be all better before you know it!

{{{HUGS}}}

Ginger's Mom
10-26-2007, 01:51 PM
Oh Marta, sweetie, I am so glad to hear that you are home, pretty girl. :) I sure hope you listen to Mom and take it easy, your brother and sister will be still be there to play with you in a couple of days. Mom has some more hugs and belly rubs to give out from all of us here, so lie still while she gives them out to you and your fursibs.

Dorothy39
10-26-2007, 09:20 PM
I'm so glad to hear that Martas' surgury is over and she's back home where she belongs!!!!! She's being looked after so well and will be back to her former self in no time.

I'm sending her belly rubs and tender kissies too ;)

Get Well Sweetheart.

dukedogsmom
10-26-2007, 11:28 PM
I'm a little behind but I'm glad her surgery went well and she's getting back to her normal self. I know you're glad to have her back home and getting well.

Freedom
10-27-2007, 08:07 AM
Oh such happy news! Sweet Marta, you will be up and about in NO time!

AND a special pen with windows! You aren't spoiled, are you dear? He hee.

Hope she is easy to pill? I put pills in a dab of peanut butter, they never even know they had medicine!

sandragonfly
10-27-2007, 09:18 AM
I was waiting for the update.. she's home! looks like everything is on the mend yay! she should be back running in no time actually.

I had to laugh where vallis ran after her! aw. :) :) ((hugs!))

K9karen
10-27-2007, 11:04 PM
How's Marta doing? Sorry I'm delayed replying to your thread. Just as another reasurance..my RB Cody had both knees done and recovered perfectly. We had him gated in our huge family room where there's a door to the yard, Our family was actually brought closer together because we all decided to eat in the family room, I slept on a couch, we all watched TV together (rare)..generally kept him company because he was used to being with someone 24/7. Another good ending was that he lost 30 pounds. I gave him less food and treats and he didn't seem to miss my overfeeding him. :o :rolleyes:

The big galoot started taking small walks and before I knew it, he was back to his old rambuctous self. He was an awesome, sweet, understanding patient. What color is Marta's cast? I'll bet she looks cute. Lots of hugs to both of you!

Pembroke_Corgi
10-28-2007, 07:39 PM
Thanks again, everyone! She seems MUCH better today- she seems like she's in less pain and feeling more perky. I'm sooooo happy about that!

Hope she is easy to pill? I put pills in a dab of peanut butter, they never even know they had medicine!

Yes, I just wrap them in cheese and she doesn't know the difference!

What color is Marta's cast?
She doesn't have one- just her poor shaved little leg! I'm always glad to hear about dogs who made it through just fine. It sounds like you did a great job making sure Cody didn't get bored- I'm trying to make sure Marta is ok, too, but it's hard since she has to be completely confined for 2 weeks!

Here's a picture of her in her little pen:

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c312/pembrokecorgi/Marta/IMG_6329.jpg

And through the window (you can see her shaved leg- the incision is on the inside of the leg though):
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c312/pembrokecorgi/Marta/IMG_6343.jpg

I've been trying to pet her for at least an hour everyday, and I've been giving her a few peanut butter kongs, but I know she's still bored. At least she is right out with us, and she's getting better. Once we get to start the walks, I know she will be super happy. :)

K9karen
10-28-2007, 10:23 PM
Wow! Lots of medical progress within a few years! The Codmeister had 2 cast changes and I had to put a plastic bag over his cast when he went outside. So I wasn't bored either! :rolleyes:

And only 2 weeks? Sure beats a month or more! Poor Marta.. it's hard to explain to her why she's caged up, huh? Add extra hugs and kisses for me, OK?

cassiesmom
10-29-2007, 10:16 AM
Add extra hugs and kisses for me, OK?

Some for me, too please !

Pembroke_Corgi
11-29-2007, 01:32 PM
It's now been 5 weeks and Marta is doing great! We can go for longer and longer walks around the neighborhood (there is some snow on the ground so she especially enjoys them as she gets to roll around in snow) and she is no longer confined. We just have the couch blocked off so she doesn't do any jumping up.

She had a check up a few weeks ago and the vet said she is doing great! She has her 6-week check up next week and I'm sure all will go well again. :)

lizbud
11-29-2007, 04:32 PM
Oh, that's great news. I'm so happy for Marta & you too. :) I hope she
continues doing so well.

chocolatepuppy
11-29-2007, 06:22 PM
Good to hear Marta is doing well! :)

Ginger's Mom
11-29-2007, 06:36 PM
I am so glad to hear that Marta is recuperating so well. It sounds like you are doing a great job of balancing out the proper rest and exercise. I will send out good thoughts for a good check up next week.

ramanth
11-29-2007, 11:08 PM
That's great news! I hope and pray you continue to do well Marta. :)

pitc9
11-30-2007, 07:22 AM
Yippee!!!
Thanks for the update!

cassiesmom
11-30-2007, 09:45 AM
Miss Marta! I was just thinking of you these past couple days. I have a hoomin friend with the exact same injury. I'm glad you're recovering very well! *petpetpet*

cyber-sibes
11-30-2007, 09:50 AM
:D Great news! Enjoy making snowdog angels, Miss Marta!

Karen
11-30-2007, 10:41 AM
Great! Thanks for the continuing updates! :)