PDA

View Full Version : Always Wear Your Seatbelt On

Vio&Juni
10-22-2007, 03:32 AM
Yes, that is my good advice to all of you.

I had an accident on Saturday and thanks to the seatbelt, I am OK. Well, I have a concussion and my forehead is scratched by the airbags, my face is swollen, but I am alive and I have no fractures. Greg has made me promise him a while ago that I will always wear the seatbelt, so I did.

Stay safe and drive carefully.

Killearn Kitties
10-22-2007, 04:45 AM
Vio, I am very glad to hear that you are OK! It is a shock to be involved in an accident, and it shakes your confidence for a while, but you lived to tell the tale!

I always wear a seat belt.

davidpizzica
10-22-2007, 04:58 AM
I think wearing my seatbelt saved me from further injury beyond three fractured ribs in my accident. In Pennsylvania you can be pulled over by the police for not wearing one.

Taz_Zoee
10-22-2007, 08:59 AM
I am glad you are okay. :)
I can't ride in a car without a seat belt. I feel naked. :eek: Last week I went to lunch with a co-worker and his seat belts in the back kept locking up so I couldn't wear it. I felt so weird and uncomfortable. Needless to say, I won't be riding in his car again.

AmberLee
10-22-2007, 09:18 AM
I'm glad you are okay (well, at least that you aren't hurt worse...)

Amen re. the seat belts.

gini
10-22-2007, 10:47 AM
Thank goodness you are alright. Seat belts can be a pain - but you can at least live to talk about the pain!

Years ago a dear friend died because he wasn't wearing his seat belt.

rg_girlca
10-22-2007, 11:55 AM
Thank God you are OK. Being involved in a car accident myself, years ago, I know how scary it is. Thankfully we had our seatbelts on also.

I pray that you have a full and speedy recovery from your injuries.

Jenn&Dean
10-22-2007, 03:22 PM
Yes, thank goodness you are okay. I'm sure you're not feeling well, but you're okay.

I work for an insurance company, and you hear so many horror stories about accidents where the individuals involved are not wearing their seatbelts.

I know I should wear mine everytime I get in my car, even if it's just around the corner, I'm going to try to do better. Thank you for the reminder.

Randi
10-22-2007, 03:38 PM
Vio, I'm so glad to hear you're OK. It's a shocking experience, and I'm sure you'll wear a seatbelt always!

John saved his life using his seat belt in S.A. in 1988, he drove out to a place called Londalozi in a rented car, and he was in a bit of a hurry on the dirt roads - the car spun around and ended on the roof. He managed to get out somehow, and then sat in the middle of nowhere, not knowing if a lion would come. :eek:

Chilli
10-22-2007, 07:56 PM
Scary, I'm so happy you were wearing your seatbelt. And you're right, its definately something to always remember to do!

Even if I'm just driving a small distance, I buckle up. I'm like Taz_Zoee in that I feel naked without one! :) I guess it helped that my parents were always saying that we could never leave the driveway without being buckled up. Things like that just kind of stick in your mind.

I hope you are feeling better. I know you're definately feeling better than how you would have felt without that seatbelt!

Edwina's Secretary
10-22-2007, 08:20 PM
Putting on my seat belt is a part of starting the car to me. Or getting in the passenger seat. Now I need to get better at the back seat. :rolleyes:

Glad you are okay Vio!

ramanth
10-23-2007, 06:32 PM
I'm so glad you are okay! How scary! I always buckle up. I too feel naked without it.

pitc9
10-24-2007, 04:12 PM
I'm glad to hear you're okay.

I always wear mine when I'm driving, but for some reason when I'm the passenger, I forget. :o But it doesn't take long before my hubby tells me to "click it or ticket" That's the slogan around here because you are by law, required to wear your seatbelt. Like David said, in Ohio, just like PA you can get a ticket for not wearing it.