PDA

View Full Version : Somebody 'splain to me * Pix included

Medusa
10-21-2007, 03:08 PM
My fur posse has every kind of bed you can imagine to sleep in, all so comfy and cozy. Coco Puff, however, loves to sleep on top of supermarket bags. I don't allow it because I'm afraid he'll get in and not be able to get out and suffocate. What is it that makes him so funny that way? I've also included some pix of my senior girl Pigeon. She's claimed my recliner as her own. No negotiation. Period. :p She's in the next post.

Medusa
10-21-2007, 03:10 PM
Resting. Uh huh.

Fuzzybuns
10-21-2007, 03:23 PM
Dixie is my bag cat but I keep her pretty happy with tissue paper. I never run out because everybody in the family collects it from their gifts for her but Christmas is the best time of year for her, lol. With the bags, I was always afraid that she'd get caught in the handles, so we cut them but I still wasn't comfortable with it. She was just after the crinkle. When I lay out tissue paper, she hears it crinkling and comes running. You can always find a shredded piece laying around.

Pigeon just knows where the real throne is and now she's claimed it, lol.

Glacier
10-21-2007, 03:25 PM
You mean recliners aren't cat beds!? Don't tell my cats! They get most upset if a human tries to sit in the recliner!

Very pretty babies!

Freedom
10-21-2007, 05:58 PM
Mary, are the grocery bags always next to the 'CAT TREATS' jar??? :D

I worry about the handles as well. I've had cats get ther heads through the handles on the plastic as well as on those paper shopping bags with handles, and go tearing about terrified of the "bag monster" on their tail. :rolleyes:

Cocco Puff sure is a sweetie!

And yes, recliners ARE pet beds! Dad and I often have to move someone to sit. And the looks! You'd think we were moving them to the arctic!

Katjaye
10-21-2007, 06:19 PM
AWWW! They are both beautiful! Lol! Love the recliner look! HEHEHE! SO cute!!!

My kitties all love bags...to lay on and then to EAT!!!!! I am ever vigilant against this as they then barf them up and it just simply can't be good for them! However, they LOVE them and sometimes sneak off with bags on grocery day! *sigh* They all also IGNORE their nice wonderful kitty beds...*sigh* lol! My daughter swears it's 'cause two of them are pink...but they ignore the non-pink one too...so, I am doubting that! Lol!

critter crazy
10-21-2007, 06:34 PM
Autum, loves to pull the gorceries out of the bag for me:rolleyes: , and mocha snatches up the empty bag quicker than you blink, and calls it her bed. She will pile them up if given the chance, I guess she likes a fluffy bed!:rolleyes:

Medusa
10-21-2007, 06:59 PM
Mary, are the grocery bags always next to the 'CAT TREATS' jar??? :D

Funny you caught that. That countertop is my catch-call when I come home from work or grocery shopping. Coco Puff just loves hanging out there but I don't allow it because it is, after all, a counter top. He gets away w/it more often that not, though.

One time I brought home left over dessert from a dinner out w/my girlfriends. (It was Death by Chocolate. Yum.) They put it in a plastic bag w/handles on it and after I set it on the countertop, I turned my back for a second (big mistake in this household) and Coco Puff got into it, got his head stuck between the handles and panicked and took off running! He ran all over the house, chocolate was everywhere and all over him, too, and I finally caught him behind the furnace in the basement, cowering w/fear. It was so funny but the poor boy was truly scared. It wasn't too long after I got him and he was still learning the ropes, so he wasn't sure if he trusted me yet. Never a dull moment.

Freedom
10-21-2007, 07:06 PM
Ah, light dawns! He hangs out there as it is the FIRST PLACE MOMMY GOES TO when she comes in! Dumps the purse and keys, the shopping, any packages, the mail. That is why he loves to be there! And here I thought it was for the treats jar, silly me!

As for the chocolate, well chocolate is the catnip of the female world!

krazyaboutkatz
10-21-2007, 10:57 PM
Cute pictures.:) Sunny loves to eat plastic bags and he too got his head stuck in one and was running all over the place. I missed the whole thing because I was in my bedroom with the door closed trying to put things away. I opened the door to a very scared cat with part of the bag still around his neck.:( Starr was also terrifed and spent the rest of the night hiding.:( Sunny stayed in my bedroom all night. Now I'm very careful with my plastic bags.

Pearl,Ziggy, Sunny, and Sky love to jump into paper bags and I make sure that they don't have any handles on them. Sunny likes my recliner and I don't mind because I rarely use it.:)