PDA

View Full Version : a lot going on

lute
10-21-2007, 10:51 AM
I know I've promised lots of pictures of my dogs, show dogs, the puppy I'm raising, etc. There is a reason none of them have been up. I'm looking for my camera cord. Can't find it anywhere. Dang brothers borrowed my camera and lost it.

Just a lil update on everything. The dogs are doing fine. Gracie and Brick are really loving going hiking every day. I even bought them a backpack. Brick really loves the backpack and thinks of it as "his job" to wear it and let me get anything out of it I need. Gracie likes hiking on cooler days. She does enjoy swimming in the river on the hot days too though!

The puppy! Polly is what we are calling her. She will be 4 weeks old on Wed. She's got her eyes open now and is even starting to eat big puppy food. She's definatly claimed me as her mummy. I'm going to hate adoptng her out, but I just can't keep her.

I've talked about the stray dogs of Winslow(the town I live in) for a few years now. Always looking for a way to make a difference. I helped the town when they had a dog that was hit by a car and suffering. I paid to have her PTS. I've giving lots of dog food, bleach, towels, etc to them to help them out. Now that I am getting a pretty hefty paycheck I am doing something I never thought I could do. I'm paying out of my own pocket to spay/neuter the stray dogs of Winslow! I'm thrilled. I havn't been on here much due to how busy I've been with everything. I will be back more often.....HOPEFULLY with pics!

Danegirl2208
10-22-2007, 06:24 PM
What a wonderful thing you are doing!! Way to go..and glad to hear all the pups are doing well. Hopefully things will slow down for you soon :)

Karen
10-22-2007, 06:38 PM
Thanks for the update. At least your brothers just lost the cord ... I once lent my brother my camera - in the "pre-digital" days, and it came back with sand in it! You could literally shake the camera and hear it rattle around. Funny, the camera didn't last too long after that!

Glad to hear Polly has a name and that everything's going well. With a cute name like that, that'll help her getting a new home, I bet!

And we are glad to hear things are looking up for you financially. Don't forget to put some aside for the future, as well as getting the strays spayed - and I do hope the vet is giving you a discount for that!

critter crazy
10-22-2007, 06:38 PM
WOW!! You are just doing great things!!:D

Flatcoatluver
10-23-2007, 12:08 AM
Thanks for the update Lexi! You are doing a wonderful thing! I must have missed the thread about Polly, she sounds adorable! I hope you can find your camera cord soon.