PDA

View Full Version : Christmas plans solidified!

DrKym
10-20-2007, 09:47 PM
Donna (Mooshoosmom) is coming to my mothers house in PA for xmas......she will be bringing Moo.

Of course I will have Lex and also my Lory (Shrek) as they are both not able or I am not willing to leave them for more than a few hours.

The dogs and the other cats and birds will be taken care of by in home pet sitter, however the issue was Murder, my 27 yr old Cockatoo. (Murdoch but he never learned his name and says it as Murder)

Last vacation we left him with a sitter and since he is a feather plucker to begin with we came home to a nearly bald boy! My Mom was concerned that Donna would be upset that Moo would meet Murder, I just got off the phone with Donna (who btw has "talked' to Murdy several timews he coos to her voice) who said she would LOVE to meet him so we will be taking 3 boys one cat and 2 birds for the holidays!

Oh Donna? Murder says "love the bird" LMAO

added pics of the birds for those that haven't seen my "guys" :)

Freedom
10-21-2007, 08:59 AM
Kym, does your mom have any pets of her own?

This is going to be a great time, with so many people AND pets gathering!

DrKym
10-21-2007, 09:02 AM
Sandie,
my Mom has Missy a rather tubby Tabby, Missy is a doorstop...........along with one of the rescue tiels that my Mom took in, so she is very happy to have all the animal kids come too.

Of course she is looking forward to the other kids! but she cannot travel anymore so she really enjoys when she gets to see the animals again.

Hellow
10-21-2007, 03:29 PM
Hope you have fun with your little PT meeting lol!

Dorothy39
10-21-2007, 03:43 PM
All of that really sounds like a Merry Christmas to me !!! ENJOY!!!!

Oh, I'm glad I finally got to me the Murder Bird, up close!!!! ;)

Freedom
10-21-2007, 07:35 PM
Oh glad to hear about your mum's pets. So I count 3 cats and 3 birds for the "pet table." That is a nice pairing off!

(Growing up, we had holidays at my grandparents and we cousins all sat at the "kids" table. If we were an odd number, or more boys than girls or vice versa, it didn't work as well. :rolleyes: )

critter crazy
10-21-2007, 07:37 PM
Sounds like it will be a good time had by all Kym!!! :D

DrKym
10-21-2007, 07:41 PM
I hope so Mags! the critters will be adored but I worry for the boys!! Gramma has been needing a grandkid fix since Feb! :rolleyes: