PDA

View Full Version : Beaming with Pride

DrKym
10-20-2007, 06:46 PM
Lexie has been accepted and graduated from SARA.... she is a full fledged service animal.

Her paperwork is in the mail to me which I will post, and frame of course. Her new vest and patches are on the way also.

For those of you that have been reading my threads about her, Lex is a natural alerter. She has alerted since she was here for my heart issues. She also goes with me everywhere. Including the cardialogist that verified her abilities.

I cannot thank Donna enough to give up her very very special girl, but I do know I owe my life to this cat.

Please join me in congratulating the amazing and wonderful Lexie Joon.

moosmom
10-20-2007, 06:51 PM
Oh Kym, that is WONDERFUL!!!!!

I am SOOO proud of Lexie Joon!! Can't wait to see pictures of her in her vest!

DrKym
10-20-2007, 06:53 PM
Donna I will email you the pics first!! Right now she only wears her in training tags.......cannot wait to see her in her "work" gear!

critter crazy
10-20-2007, 06:53 PM
Congratulations Lexie!!! Way to go girl!! How exciting Kym!!!:D

DrKym
10-20-2007, 06:57 PM
Congratulations Lexie!!! Way to go girl!! How exciting Kym!!!:D

Maggie this started as a joke between Donna and I .............I told her about Lex alerting me and asked if there even WERE service cats? I called a few people that I work with in the service dog arenas, and they gave me the info.

They say I trained Lex....but truth is Lex trained me to watch her for the alerts. I am so very proud and grateful to Donna . I know how hard it was for her to give Lex up I surely couldn't she is my life line now.

critter crazy
10-20-2007, 07:00 PM
Maggie this started as a joke between Donna and I .............I told her about Lex alerting me and asked if there even WERE service cats? I called a few people that I work with in the service dog arenas, and they gave me the info.

They say I trained Lex....but truth is Lex trained me to watch her for the alerts. I am so very proud and grateful to Donna . I know how hard it was for her to give Lex up I surely couldn't she is my life line now.

How awsome!!!:eek:

jennielynn1970
10-20-2007, 07:01 PM
That's really cool! So, how does she alert you? What does she have to do exactly?

DrKym
10-20-2007, 07:06 PM
When I am about to have angina issues that require Nitro.she will sit on my lap place her paws on my cheeks and she licks my nose .....It took me nearly a week to figure out that when she did this I wound up taking Nitro. Once I did I knew to take it before the attack occured. Donna knows that if I had listened to Lex this past few days I would not have been in the hospital. My cardialogist has seen alert during stress tests, and told me that I should never leave home without the cat! Maybe I should rename her American Express?

Katjaye
10-20-2007, 07:07 PM
Congratulations to both of you! You are so blessed!

AmberLee
10-20-2007, 07:21 PM
That is SO amazing. I'm glad she's come into your life.

I, too, look forward to photos of little Lexie in her regalia.

DrKym
10-20-2007, 07:29 PM
Lex is an amazing cat think Monkey+Dog + Cat +Human in a cat body...... she was ruined by her first Mom...I had nothing to do with her ruination of being spoiled......so I do not know why she has bonded with me so much.Donna spoiled her rotten.

Taz_Zoee
10-20-2007, 07:35 PM
That is so cool. I never knew there were service cats either.
And to answer the question of why she has bonded with you so well....because she knows you need her. :D
And are you trying to say YOU don't spoil her rotten too? LOL

DrKym
10-20-2007, 07:39 PM
ME?????????????????? SPOIL her??? Never! *ahem* coughs and looks sheepish!

Taz_Zoee
10-20-2007, 08:00 PM
LOL
Yeah, that's what I thought. :)

DrKym
10-20-2007, 08:14 PM
LOL
Yeah, that's what I thought. :)

*coughs* and still looks away (it is all Donnas fault!)

moosmom
10-20-2007, 08:15 PM
If any cat is deserving of the honor of becoming a service cat, it's Lexie Joon.

moosmom
10-20-2007, 08:16 PM
Yeah, okay blame me. If that's the worst thing I ever done, then sue me!!!!!

krazyaboutkatz
10-20-2007, 08:28 PM
Wow! This is amazing!:D I'm so glad that you found each other. I've never heard of service cats either. I can't wait to see some pictures of her.:)

DrKym
10-20-2007, 08:37 PM
Calling a lawyer............................ trying to figure out a suitable suit though? DARN!

Give me afew.....I can figure out something............... ummmmmm Oh I got it sending a spoiled cat to be more spoiled...and thereby inducing spoilage? :p

Will check out if there are precedents......... :D

DrKym
10-20-2007, 08:42 PM
Wow! This is amazing!:D I'm so glad that you found each other. I've never heard of service cats either. I can't wait to see some pictures of her.:)

There are several threads with Pix of Lex, her Id tag as in training are visible in most. I cannot wait until her vest arrives! so I can show everyone what an amazing special girl I have.

Not only does she adore my family but she is so bonded with me that she won't leave my side more than a few feet. My sons say I should attach a litterbox to my hip....................I decided against that, but am going to have her and her name tattoed on my hip.

I am at this point in my health living each day as if I had no others sooooooooooooooooooooooo I want to make a tribute to the girl that showed me I had issues with my heart. sound fair to everyone?

Catty1
10-20-2007, 11:51 PM
WOW! Kym - Lexie must be SOOO mellow if you can take her everywhere with you!

Do you carry her in a Snugli? Or on a leash in your arms?

What an amazing wonderful girl!

Donna - her breeder should know about this...he might have others that have a gift, or might know about some of his special kitties already.

Looking forward to pics!

Freedom
10-21-2007, 08:42 AM
My jaw is on the floor, can't think of a THING to say (and that is saying something right there! :D ) This is a terrific story!

DrKym
10-21-2007, 08:43 AM
Candace she has a snuggli that she will drag over if she wants to be in it instead of my shirt.

She is always on a harness when we go anywhere,I use a ferret type for her since it fits nicely under her vests and clothes. She does have favorite nurses and techs at the hospital when we go in. However they all love her.

Lex will get her harness when she hears the car keys since she knows she is going! I must admit though that so far her favorite place to go is Red Lobster!she went with us for my birthday dinner and charmed the entire staff...... :rolleyes:

Medusa
10-21-2007, 08:48 AM
This is incredible! How absolutely wonderful for you both that you've bonded in this way. What an amazing cat! :)

smokey the elder
10-21-2007, 09:25 AM
So will she be allowed to go to the hospital and stuff with you? What an amazing girl!

DrKym
10-21-2007, 09:29 AM
So will she be allowed to go to the hospital and stuff with you? What an amazing girl!

She has been going to the hospital and to all my appointments. She goes everywhere with me. Shopping, kids games, Drs. Appointments even my chemo and MRIs.

jazzcat
10-21-2007, 10:41 AM
That is really neat. Congrats!!!!

momcat
10-21-2007, 01:15 PM
..... as well you should be! What a remarkable and wonderful story. Lexie proves how tuned into us our pets can become. Dr. G, it doesn't matter who spoiled her. This extraordinary kitty has earned every bit of it! As I read your post I couldn't help but offer a sincere prayer of thanks that you and Lexie found each other. The love and bond between you is something to treasure now and always! Please give Lexie plenty of lovies from me?

sandragonfly
10-21-2007, 05:03 PM
I'm surprised many of you haven't heard of service cats! ANY animal can be.. if I took (four of) my cats and my rat buttons in I would have several service animals right now but a dog would do for now. :D

congratulations lexie for finding the right buddy!