PDA

View Full Version : Cat Swung By Tail Put Down,

Argranade
10-20-2007, 12:39 PM
I seen this horrible story on the news yesterday,

Some retards swung a cat by the tail around and around,

They did so much damage that the poor thing had to be put down! :(

I thought they would have just removed the tail and it would have lived.

http://torontosun.com/News/TorontoAndGTA/2007/10/20/4590944-sun.html

Catty1
10-20-2007, 12:43 PM
I hope they find the idiots...with so many in the neighbourhood knowing Tucker and his family, I would think somebody saw SOMETHING.

Even a poster on the local Supermailbox would help...

My sympathies to the family...and I pray with the nerve damage, that poor Tucker didn't have much feeling in the injuries... :(

RICHARD
10-20-2007, 12:44 PM
I bet it's some sick little effing teenager.

Because it's usually boys who torture animals, grab him by the member and swing him until he gets nerve damamge.

G535
10-21-2007, 10:29 PM
I wish now I hadn't read this.

Yes I agree with Richard.

critters
10-22-2007, 06:36 AM
The problem with tail injuries (or malformed tails--think Manx Syndrome) is that the nerves that assist with peeing and pooping can also be damaged. If nobody is willing to deal with that, the kitty may be put down. :(

CathyBogart
10-22-2007, 09:31 AM
The tail is part of the spine.... :(

DrKym
10-22-2007, 09:34 AM

Because it's usually boys who torture animals, grab him by the member and swing him until he gets nerve damamge.

Not all boys or all teenagers are so cruel. I too hate the thought of this animal suffering, but I for one have 3 boys who would swing the person responsible. All teenagers and all boy.

CathyBogart
10-22-2007, 09:40 AM
Not all boys or all teenagers are so cruel. I too hate the thought of this animal suffering, but I for one have 3 boys who would swing the person responsible. All teenagers and all boy.

Ditto, my 17 year old brother would have kicked the person responsible's sorry butt.

RICHARD
10-22-2007, 01:30 PM
Men/boys are the usual culprits in animal torture cases.

I don't consider anyone who tortures animals as an adult or even human.

And, if it was a woman how would I swing her around? :confused: :rolleyes:

Alysser
10-22-2007, 09:41 PM

:rolleyes: Yeah, because I am sure all the teenagers on PT would swing a cat around by its tail until it died. I don't think that comment is really necessary. There is a parent behind every kid, and kids don't always do these sick kind of things.

RICHARD
10-22-2007, 11:50 PM
:rolleyes: Yeah, because I am sure all the teenagers on PT would swing a cat around by its tail until it died. I don't think that comment is really necessary. There is a parent behind every kid, and kids don't always do these sick kind of things.

Did I mention that teenagers on PT would do something like that?
Please find the part of my posts where I said that.

Thanks.

IRescue452
10-23-2007, 04:23 PM
Yes, its sad and sick what happened...

but...

Why do people let their animal roam the neighborhood without supervision?!! I hope they don't get another cat. The only good that may come out of this is that the two kids might learn to keep their animals inside. Everytime I talk to people about letting a cat roam, I ask if they'd let their dog roam the neighborhood. The only answer I get is that "a cat is different". What's the difference between letting one domestic animal roam at large and not the other? Some people are a waste of oxygen.

Miss Z
10-24-2007, 05:13 AM
Why do people let their animal roam the neighborhood without supervision?!! I hope they don't get another cat. The only good that may come out of this is that the two kids might learn to keep their animals inside. Everytime I talk to people about letting a cat roam, I ask if they'd let their dog roam the neighborhood. The only answer I get is that "a cat is different". What's the difference between letting one domestic animal roam at large and not the other? Some people are a waste of oxygen.

I see what you're saying, but, as an ex-cat owner who used to let Zsa-Zsa outside throughout her life, I wouldn't say my opinion is a 'waste of oxygen'. In a way, a cat IS different. Dogs like to be part of the pack, cats cherish their independence. A dog would be more likely to run off and keep on running, a cat will go so far and come home when s/he feels hungry. I personally would feel cruel keeping a cat indoors, but I know people that do and if they are comfortable with it, that's fine by me. Anyway, not to delve into that, as it's more or less irrelevent to the story. ;)

I really hope the poor guy wasn't in severe pain with his injuries. :( May he RIP, and may those that inflicted their venemous ways on him rot.

K9soul
10-24-2007, 08:35 AM
I wouldn't say someone who let their cat out is a waste of oxygen but I do think it's just as much a gamble and can end in trouble as much as letting a dog roam. My dogs would not run away but they very well may be hit by a car, poop or dig in other's yards, and so on. Cats do the same. I've seen so many kitties hit by cars and have come too close myself. I hope and pray I never hit one. I saw a big fat orangie cat wearing a collar, obviously someone's pet) hit right in front of me once. The car kept going but I pulled over. It was too late, he was gone. I felt so sick at heart and moved him out of the road.

I've been in neighborhoods where many let their cats out to roam or even kept them outside full time. Often they'd be in my yard using the garden for their toilet, get up under my car to make me afraid to start it, sometimes even fighting near my bedroom window in the middle of the night. I know someone who always kept her dogs in their fenced yard or in the house, but once they were out when the neighbor's cat hopped over their fence and the dogs, seeing this as a toy, grabbed and killed it. Then you have stories like this where some sick and demented person got ahold of the cat.

Just some things to think of, when people seem to get really frustrated with those who let their pets, cat or dog, roam around unsupervised.

G535
10-24-2007, 07:16 PM
Cats aren't even safe in their own yards, yesterday a cat was killed in her own front yard by two roaming dogs. The cat was sleeping in her basket on her front porch, she didn't have a chance to run.

It may have been safe to let cats outside twenty years ago but definitely not now with all these sick and irresponsible people around.

loveallfurryfriends
10-24-2007, 07:59 PM
I lost a cherished and much loved pet b/c I thought it was ok to let her out. Our other cat who was older (12 yrs) had always been an indoor/ outdoor cat. We did not get him until he was 2, and he preferred the outdoors to being in the house. Our younger baby ( 7yrs) mostly stayed inside, but would often venture out in the yard for a while. She never left the yard, and mostly stayed on the porch. That was until she disapeared one night. We searched for weeks, and never saw her again. I think of her often and cry b/c I will never know what happened to her. I regret ever letting her out. When I read stories like this, I can not stop thinking of her.

IRescue452
10-25-2007, 05:12 AM
Cats aren't even safe in their own yards, yesterday a cat was killed in her own front yard by two roaming dogs. The cat was sleeping in her basket on her front porch, she didn't have a chance to run.

It may have been safe to let cats outside twenty years ago but definitely not now with all these sick and irresponsible people around.

No. The same things were happening 20 years ago. Same risk.

Why not a leash and supervision, or one of those cat fence enclosures? If you must let them out. Our cats never begged to go outside, there was nothing more entertaining outside. Even if they did, its called tough love. A cat doesn't know the risk that some humans or that cars pose, its the human who has to be the responsible adult.

Ginger's Mom
10-25-2007, 12:34 PM
I know it probably wasn't the purpose of this thread, but I whole heartedly agree with Jessica and IRescue. It is not safe for cats to be out on their own. They cannot protect themselves from cars, toxic food, other animals (including humans), and unattended animals can cause damage to other people's property (which is their owner's responsibility to prevent!). My answer has always been I don't care if it is a pet squirrel, if it is my pet/responibilty it is not going to be out unless it is on a leash or otherwise contained/protected.

DrKym
10-25-2007, 03:07 PM
I know it probably wasn't the purpose of this thread, but I whole heartedly agree with Jessica and IRescue. It is not safe for cats to be out on their own. They cannot protect themselves from cars, toxic food, other animals (including humans), and unattended animals can cause damage to other people's property (which is their owner's responsibility to prevent!). My answer has always been I don't care if it is a pet squirrel, if it is my pet/responibilty it is not going to be out unless it is on a leash or otherwise contained/protected.
Was going to post..but you said exactly what I was going to.

My guys go "out" in a screened porch, and the ones that get to have their turn in the yard are on harnesses and leashes. I gasp each time I see a kitty pic with no harness and in someones garden.

My dogs wear leashes or on the runs or in the fenced area while we are OUT with them. Why would my cats be different? Just because my dogs are kitty lovers doesn't mean another dog or a larger cat would be!

As evidenced by the attack on Goofy and my son even these precautions do not stop another animal from coming in............but at least I know I have done everything to safeguard all my charges.

Love
Kym

-Pickle-
10-31-2007, 08:39 AM
Poor little cat. i hope whoever did that to the little dear gets whats coming to them.

KittyGurl
10-31-2007, 08:25 PM
Poor cat. I feel of sad for it. I hope they find those morons. I can't help but to think what it must be like for that cat, being swung by it's tail and being in pain. It breaks my heart. :(