PDA

View Full Version : Ricky & Lucy Tu are back

MHMama
08-06-2002, 10:26 AM
Yes we are back and very pleasantly surprised this morning to see Ricky as the Dog of the Day.
I put everything to a back burner while I put my heart and soul in my job. The CEO had to let everyone in my department go but told me to keep it a float and I would not have to worry about being laid off. He kept saying "read my lips, you're not going anywhere" Then for my birthday, they laid me off. He forgot about Corporate who in the long run, has that last say and they wanted to save even more money.
Oh well, at least we still have Ricky & Lucy Tu.

TheAntiPam
08-06-2002, 10:38 AM
Wow, what a mixed blessing! We're so glad to see you and your sweeties back - but what a blow to lose your job!

Welcome back - and bring on the stories and pictures of cutie Ricky and Lucy! Best wishes to you all!

Ann
08-06-2002, 10:44 AM
Cool, I didn't know the owner of todays DOTD went to Pet Talk! Anyways, lovely dogs you have and sorry to hear about you getting fired :(

MHMama
08-06-2002, 10:47 AM
Ann, thanks for the well wishes but please never say fired. That is the word we use for those usually caught doing something bad. In Corporate America, the latest thing is downsizing to save money which usually only affects the little people like secretaries and such.

Ann
08-06-2002, 10:56 AM
Oh, sorry then... I didn't mean to make it sound bad, I have learned that fired is just the broad word used for anyone who has lost their job, which manner in happened was never pinpointed through that. I didn't know it has a newer meaning in people-mouths now so sorry for offending you :(

Logan
08-06-2002, 11:04 AM
Well, it is wonderful to see you back, regardless of the circumstances, MHMama! I knew right away that Ricky was one of our own, and quickly remembered "whose" he was!!!

Good luck with finding just the right work and congratulations, again, on Ricky being our Dog of the Day! :D

MHMama
08-06-2002, 07:26 PM
Ann, no offense taken just one of those words that can come back and bite you later. Thanks for your posts.

KYS
08-06-2002, 08:00 PM
Glad to see you back on the boards.
Sorry to hear about your birthday surprise
from you job. :(

lovemymaltese
08-06-2002, 11:25 PM
Gosh they are so precious, I just want to reach into the screen and cuddle them.

Rachel
08-07-2002, 05:35 AM
Ricky and Lucy Tu get to spend extra time with their Mama. That can't be a bad thing. Good luck in the job hunt and we would appreciate having some of your extra time here at Pet Talk as well.

K9karen
08-07-2002, 07:32 AM
My sentiments exactly! It's GREAT to have you back and WONDERFUL that you get to spend more time with your beloved pups! That's the best consolation ;)
Sorry you were downsized, there's a lot of that going on, so scary!:eek: I keep reminding myself that nobody is indispensible regardless of how much my company "loves" me. Famous last words :rolleyes:
Enjoy the rest of the summer and lotsa luck in your job search!!
{hugs} Karen

tatsxxx11
08-07-2002, 07:47 AM
So sorry to hear about the job situation!!:( But lucky for us Pet Talkers as we get to welcome back our long, lost friend and Ricky and Lucy Tu!!:) And I'm sure your precious babies are very happy to have more time with their Mommy! We're SO happy to have you back!! Hugs to all!! Sandra and the Furcrew