PDA

View Full Version : Vacuum cleaner -- any suggestions?

AmberLee
10-20-2007, 12:18 AM
Hi,

My vacuum cleaner is making weird little gasping noises and I'm reluctantly convincing myself it's time to bite the bullet and buy a new one. Is anyone REALLY really REALLY happy with the vacuum you're using?

Right now I'm sharing my vacuum with my parents in the house next door, so I'm rather leaning towards something lighter to make running it back and forth easier. But it's GOT to pick up pet hair. I was hoping any recommendations we get from PT would be efficient at picking up fur.

I've heard good things about Dyson (sp?) and roombas (sp??) but I'm not sure how much of it is hype. Do you REALLY like your vacuum? If so, which make/model do you have? If you had to do it all over again, would you?

jazzcat
10-20-2007, 12:45 AM
I have a Dyson and I love it! I couldn't live without the animal attachment to help clean the cat hair off all the furniture (a must with a solid navy recliner and so many cats). It really does a great job all around.

Mine is a refurb that I got a great deal on at Amazon a couple of years ago.

krazyaboutkatz
10-20-2007, 01:17 AM
AmberLee, I also have a dyson and it's the animal one and is designed to pick up pet hair. It's the best vacuum cleaner that I've ever owned.:)

They also make smaller more portable ones that are light weight so maybe you might want to try one if them. They make a canister, a slim one, and a hand held one too. Here's a good link about their products:Dyson (http://www.dyson.com/homepage.asp?sinavtype=menu). Good luck.:)

Pam
10-20-2007, 04:42 AM
I too have a Dyson Animal and I love it. Hubby actually gave it to me for my birthday. OK, maybe it wasn't the most romantic birthday present. :p My dogs don't shed but my cats sure make up for them. :) Cat hair is no problem for it at all.

Randi
10-20-2007, 09:22 AM
I have only used a Dyson once, no doubt it's efficient, but I found it clumsy, but there are smaller ones....

The next one I'm getting will be a Miele, I really like those! My sister got one last year, it's very efficient and also quite silent, compared to the rest of them.

kuhio98
10-20-2007, 09:23 AM
My Mom has a Dyson and loves it. We like our Dirt Dawg.
It does a great job and it's fun for the whole family. :p
http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=131774

CathyBogart
10-20-2007, 09:27 AM
I have a Dyson Animal, and while it cost me a whole paycheck to buy it I have never once regretted it! It is fabulous!

gini
10-20-2007, 10:59 AM
On a lark I bought a Roomba (aka Rupert) and I just love it. I found it to be perfect to get under the bed and clean up the cat fur! But it must be cleaned often because it does such a good job.

Sevaede
10-20-2007, 11:08 AM
Which animal one? When I checked, Dyson had a couple for animals..

Edwina's Secretary
10-20-2007, 11:39 AM
I hate to admit such a thing...but I love my Dyson.....

anna_66
10-21-2007, 08:00 AM
Dyson Animal all the way!

I'd love one of the robots, but with three hairy dogs it might be too much hair for one:o