PDA

View Full Version : Please spare a thought for this baby....*update :)*

kitten645
10-19-2007, 09:35 PM
I was at Petsmart tonight to get the boys kibble. I noticed some ladies looking under the racks. I thought maybe a mouse had escaped. One had tears in her eyes. She works for the rescue group there and her 7 week old foster kitten escaped her cage. Her brotfur was sitting in his cage looking forelorn. She's tiny, gray and has half a tail. A customer said they saw her scamper into the stock room (figures!) I spent two hours on my hands and knees looking for the little one. Some customers made an attempt as well. The best lookers were about 4 kids that just crawled every aisle looking for her. Her foster meowmie says she's a hider by nature. We gave up and she went home to get a trap. There's obviously more than enough food at Petsmart for her to survive so I'm hoping she misses her brofur and will come back to the adoption area. Frankly, the employees were less than helpful. I asked them to make an announcement but that never happened. I also asked them to put a sign warning people coming into the store....also never happened. If it had been me I would have moved every pallette in the stock area until she would run out. Some gave a half hearted attempt but frankly on a slow Fri night I would have hoped for more.
Please give a thought to this poor scared baby spending the night in a big scary dark store. I told the ladies I'd come in at 9AM at store opening to see if she's been found. I'll keep you updated. PT prayers work wonders I know.
Claudia :(

Karen
10-19-2007, 09:55 PM
Awww, she'll be in our prayers.

Catty1
10-19-2007, 09:57 PM
PT Prayers for that little girl! I hope she comes back to her brother...

Katjaye
10-19-2007, 11:52 PM
Definately prayers are on the way...poor lil baby!

krazyaboutkatz
10-20-2007, 12:13 AM
I'm so sorry to hear this.:( I hope that she'll be found tomorrow. Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent her way.

Soapets
10-20-2007, 01:03 AM
Prayers from Nebraska coming your way..................................

jenluckenbach
10-20-2007, 05:23 AM
How scary for that tiny baby. Prayers for her safe and quick reunion with her brother.

orangemm
10-20-2007, 06:05 AM
Poor little girl. I hope she is found.

I thought all people who worked at pet stores would be pet lovers? Maybe not. Fools.

Medusa
10-20-2007, 07:40 AM
The employees may not have wanted customers to think that they're careless w/the animals there because if customers don't have confidence if the place, they may not adopt. Sure hope you find the scared little sweetie today.

Freedom
10-20-2007, 08:35 AM
Hope she will go into the trap so she can be back with her brother!

momcat
10-20-2007, 04:03 PM
Is there any news about the baby? Many prayers are being prayed that she will return to be with her brother. Poor little sweetie must be so scared.

catmandu
10-20-2007, 04:28 PM
The Scary Thing Is How Invisible A Frightened Cat Can Be When She Wants To Be!!!!
The Pet Angel Search And Rescue Squad Is On The Job, And We Pray Soon That They Will Find Her Safe And Sound,
What A Shame It Is When Those Employees Are So Apathetic, These People Want Thier Pay, But Not To Have To Care.

kitten645
10-20-2007, 08:56 PM
:( Still no sign of the wee one. Her poor brofur is looking very lonely. Scary thing or maybe the GOOD thing is that there's plenty of food and water for her around. I'm worried that if she isn't found by Monday with deliveries and what not that she may escape or get hurt :( I know PT prayers are strong so please keep them coming..
BTW her name is Sterling.
Claudia

Catty1
10-20-2007, 11:45 PM
If someone saw her run into the stockroom - why won't they let you and another willing volunteer look in there? Or at least put the live trap and food in there?

And these people operate a PET STORE??? I know they get busy - but there must be one person with a heart who can help out!

PT Prayers for little Sterling!

kitten645
10-21-2007, 01:04 AM
We didn't even ask permission ...LOL..we went in there and looked in every nook and cranny we could but there are hundreds of hidyholes for a wee one. If you know what pallets look like, they are scraps of wood that are stacked criss cross from each others to hold weight. She could be anywhere...we looked under machinery, inbetween animal food bags..she could be in a million places. Spent another couple of hours on hands and knees with flashlights and nothibng. Any suggestions would be of help. I figure she would have bolted to the far corners of the store...away from puppy training and noise in general... :( I'm so worried for the mite. ...
Claudia

Freedom
10-21-2007, 08:38 AM
Come on OUT, sweet Sterling! You need to get back to where you belong honey.

jazzcat
10-21-2007, 10:36 AM
Oh no, how terrible. I bet that poor little thing is so frightened. :(

Prayers and crossed paws that she is found soon.

kitten645
10-22-2007, 12:38 AM
Thank you all for your kind thoughts. Day two plus and still nothing. I swear I'd volunteer to sleep there at night to find her but policy won't let me. I bet the baby is frozen in fear in some corner. Just breaks my heart. Any hopeful tales would be appreciated. Don't know what else to do :(

Freedom
10-22-2007, 08:43 AM
So they have a trap out with some really smelly yummy food in it? And that isn't getting her attention? Hmm . . . .

Pawla
10-22-2007, 09:19 AM
Poor baby! I sure hope she's found soon!

Medusa
10-22-2007, 09:25 AM
Shortly after I moved into this new house, Coco Puff, my most recent addition to the family, hid in the basement and I couldn't find him all day. I thought sure he somehow got out, although I couldn't figure out how. Turns out he was squeezed waaaay back inside one of the cat condos. I felt back there, even shined a flashlight inside and still couldn't feel or see him. He finally came out when he got hungry enough and felt safe. The same thing is probably true of this little guy. When his stomach tells him to reveal himself, he will. Mega prayers going out that it's soon......

critters
10-22-2007, 09:40 AM
Lee (or Mari) can you post a suggestion from me on this terrifying ordeal...I went through the same years ago, and it's agonizing! If the kittens littermate is put in a carrier behind the trap, the loose kitten should respond to the crying and go into the trap. The carrier should be covered over so Sterling can only get to her littermate thru the trap...which of course should have wet & dry food at the back, with a trail (tiny nibble of food) at the door leading to the trigger. Newspaper on the floor of the trap will keep messes to a minimum and allow relocation if needed. Hopefully also it's a kitten trap with a trigger that goes off easy. No food should be in the carrier with the littermate, but a small shoebox potty in case of accidents. This way the one in the carrier will yowl hopefully loud enough to attract Sterling. Chances are the kitten will need to stay in the store overnight when all is quiet. And I'm praying that the baby didn't get out the door! If there's more than one littermate (or even a loud un-related second or third kitten) several traps can be set throughout the store. With large pet stores there tends to be rodent poison set under racks which only adds to the ordeal being so awful. My little escapee some 10 years ago was safely caught using other kittens to attract him. I sure hope the baby gets trapped...so scary. :-( Jan

kitten645
10-22-2007, 10:30 AM
Thanks for the suggestion...I saw the rat poison when I was on all fours searching with a flashlight...that also really scared me. :( It is a kitten trap that is out for her. Her brofur was in a carrier on the other end. He's really quiet though. They did have food and water for him so maybe removing that will make him more vocal and make her come out. The trap and carrier were also uncovered so maybe that will help as well. Fingers crossed she got trapped last night. If not I'll suggest these additions. Thanks so much!!
I thought for sure once the doggies and noisy children were gone, she'd head for "home". She must really be terrified. Poor baby.

rg_girlca
10-22-2007, 11:10 AM
OMG how I pray that this baby comes out and hasn't gotten into the rat poison. :(

Come on sweetie, your brother is missing you.

Taz_Zoee
10-22-2007, 11:38 AM
Claudia,
If you don't mind my asking, which Petsmart is this? If help is needed to look, I can stop by on my way home. I live in Concord and work in Livermore.
Cindy

Anikaca77
10-22-2007, 03:29 PM
I hope you find this baby. My prayers!

momcat
10-22-2007, 08:22 PM
Gary, Is there any word from the Pet Angel Search and Rescue team about this precious missing baby? All of us here at PT know they will find her, comfort her, and guide her to safety.

kitten645
10-22-2007, 09:31 PM
:D She decided to come home!! She was in the trap this morning. She's at the store now. It's the PetSmart in Dublin Cindy...if you want to visit her! She's missing her tail. That's how I know it's her! LOL! They took her to the vet and she checked out so no rat poison. Her foster meowmie was at the store with her all day to make sure she was okay. Thanks for all your PT vibes! It has amazing powers! :D
not sure how to update the subject line. I tried but it didn't take :confused:
Claudia

Taz_Zoee
10-22-2007, 09:59 PM
Yay!! So glad to hear that. I might have to stop by and see her. That's the Petsmart I always go to when I'm at work. :)

Catty1
10-22-2007, 10:16 PM
WOOHOO! Happy news!

To edit the title - go to your first post, click on Edit...then go to where your title it typed and add, delete and/or change words! :)

Hope that makes sense!

kitten645
10-22-2007, 10:22 PM
Thanks Catty...think I tried it on a later post and that's why it didn't take.
Hope this is Sterlings last *wild* weekend and she's learned her lesson :rolleyes:
Claudia

krazyaboutkatz
10-23-2007, 01:10 AM
This is great news!!!:D I'm so glad to hear that she's fine and is back with her brother again.:)

jenluckenbach
10-23-2007, 05:07 AM
Thank God.

Freedom
10-23-2007, 07:55 AM
Yippee! This is terrific!

critter crazy
10-23-2007, 07:57 AM
Yay!! Glad you decided o come out of hiding little one!!

Medusa
10-23-2007, 08:25 AM
PT Prayers really pack a punch! This is wonderful news! I'm so glad she's safe!