PDA

View Full Version : Who wants to meet Ronan?

NicoleLJ
10-19-2007, 03:09 PM
We are now back. Hope I was missed. lol Ronan has been fed and is now sound asleep for a little while so I am free to share my news with you all.

So as you know I went into the hospital early Wednesday morning. We were scheduled to have teh gell applied which they did at 8am. I then asked the nurse how long it would take before we knew if it worked. She told us for each person it is different but usually a few hours or so and then we would start feeling a difference. Well they certianly didn't know my body. 15 minutes later(I am not kidding) the contractions hit me like a ton of bricks. They were immediately 1 minute apart and very strong. By 11:30 they were 30 seconds apart and I was 4cms. So I got an epidural. Exactly an hour and 40 mintues later I had him at 1:10 pm with only 10 minutes of pushing. So only 5 hours and 10 minutes of labour. Then I had my little boy in my arms.

He is perfectly healthy and happy. The first day we were a little worried since he kept sleeping 5 hours or more between feedings. But by Thursday morning he was feeding on a proper schedule. He is a very calm baby and can sleep through anything, just like his dad. If he needs something he lets out one or two cries and as soon as he hears you he stops and waits for you to pick him up and handle his problem.

He is so calm that when we introduced the dogs(one at a time) to him he didn't fuss at all when each one licked him to say hello. All the dogs already act very calm around him. Even Ajax who loves to sleep next to the playpen or the person holding him has been very good with him. Well on to the pics because I know that is what you all are waiting for. lol

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h264/NicoleLJ_2003/Ronan.jpg

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h264/NicoleLJ_2003/tmpphpCxmqKQ.jpg

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h264/NicoleLJ_2003/tmpphp74QA32.jpg

Daddy and Ronan
http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h264/NicoleLJ_2003/tmpphpeSTz83.jpg

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h264/NicoleLJ_2003/tmpphpsRMah6.jpg

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h264/NicoleLJ_2003/tmpphpqRUiaP.jpg

Hope you enjoyed. i have many more pictures but as you can imagine it will take me a while to get tehm all cropped and so on.

I am so happy to be back home.
Nicole & Ronan

mina'smomma
10-19-2007, 03:12 PM
Oh Nicole he is soooo handsome. You were definately missed. I was just going to message you today to see if everything was alright. I hope my labor is short like yours. My girlfriend was in labor for 14 hours before Blake was born.

pitc9
10-19-2007, 03:13 PM
Congrats!!!
Oh the 2nd picture is too dang cute!! That smile is adorable!!!!

He's perfect! :D
Congrats to you and your hubby!!

Taz_Zoee
10-19-2007, 03:18 PM
Hello Ronan!! Welcome to the world little guy!! :D
I love the second and the last pictures. He is so adorable!! :)
Congrats to you and your family!!

sparks19
10-19-2007, 03:18 PM
Oh he is precious. I am glad your labor went so well for you :D

Can't wait to see more pictures. he is gorgeous

lvpets2002
10-19-2007, 03:28 PM
;) Many Congrats.. Your baby boy is so so Handsome & Adorable.. great pics thanks

ScottieMommy
10-19-2007, 03:28 PM
Like i said in the other forums GRATZ! What a cutie.

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w102/nananancy_photos/th2706_its-a-boy.gif

CountryWolf07
10-19-2007, 03:29 PM
He is so, so, so precious! Congratulations! :)

NicoleLJ
10-19-2007, 03:31 PM
Thanks so much all. As you can see I will be a little bit busy for a while. LOL So if I don't get on as much as usual to post you know why.

He was 7 pounds 6 ounces when he was born. So no to big or small. Isabeau and Dedrick adore him already. I made sure when we brought him home that we showed up with a present to each of them from their brother just so they didn't feel left out with all teh presents and attention he is getting.
Nicole & Ronan

JenBKR
10-19-2007, 03:39 PM
He is adorable! Congratulations! :)

Flatcoatluver
10-19-2007, 03:52 PM
What a cutie pie! He is just so adorable! Congrats! :D

DrKym
10-19-2007, 03:56 PM
AGIAN CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!! He is bautiful Niki! hugs to the whole family from us! and extra cuddles to big brother and sister!

Grace
10-19-2007, 03:59 PM
How wonderful!!

Ronan is beautiful - love the smile in that second picture. Thank you so much for sharing him with us.

critter crazy
10-19-2007, 04:03 PM
Awww.....Congrats Nicole!! he is just precious!!! Job well done Mommy!!:D

chocolatepuppy
10-19-2007, 04:16 PM
Congratulations! Welcome Ronan! What an adorable baby. :D

*LabLoverKEB*
10-19-2007, 04:45 PM
He's beautiful, Nicole!!! What a precious baby boy. CONGRATULATIONS!!

cassiesmom
10-19-2007, 04:49 PM
Welcome, Ronan! You are beautiful! Congratulations, mommy, daddy and siblings!

Freedom
10-19-2007, 05:19 PM
Thanks so much all. As you can see I will be a little bit busy for a while. LOL So if I don't get on as much as usual to post you know why.

I made sure when we brought him home that we showed up with a present to each of them from their brother just so they didn't feel left out with all teh presents and attention he is getting.
Nicole & Ronan

Oh he is so sweet! I LVOE that second photo, how adorable is that??? Of course he is calm, he's been around the dogs and all those puppies for several weeks, he he.

I don't see why you think one little boy is going to keep you busy; I mean, you posted regularly with SEVEN, didn't you? ;) I'm just teasing, please by all means focus on him and the siblings.

That is so nice what you did for the older children. I was 8 when my baby brother came along; I STILL remember all the oohs and aahs over him while I sat alone on the sofa! Good job!

Daisy and Delilah
10-19-2007, 05:25 PM
CONGRATULATIONS !! :)

Welcome to the world, Ronan!! You're so adorable!!

sasvermont
10-19-2007, 06:08 PM
Nicole, thanks for letting us share your joy. Great photos. Can't wait to see the rest and have a daily dose of more cuteness!

:D

BitsyNaceyDog
10-19-2007, 06:42 PM
Congratulations! Ronan is adorable.

sabies
10-19-2007, 07:08 PM
Congratulations he is adorable!

Ronan you sound like such a good baby. My baby girl is the opposite - screams til she gets what she wants, even when she knows I'm there. She is very intense and I hope if we have another he/she is mellow like you Ronan!

Alysser
10-19-2007, 07:45 PM
He is precious!! Congratulations! :D Welcome to the world, Ronan.

tikeyas_mom
10-19-2007, 09:05 PM
oh Nicole hes pefect!!
funn head of hair eh?
What a sweet little munchkin!! Cant wait for more pics. They grow so fast, I cannot believe that Dominic is already 1 month old!! You are so lucky you only had 5 hours of labour. I had like 14 hours of labour lol :eek: . But like you I got the epidural (it came when I was about 8cm dialated, and I slept for an hour, and then pushed for an hour and Dominic was born).
Congrats Nicole hes such a sweet! Now you and Sheena and mommys :)

Karen
10-19-2007, 09:25 PM
Congratulations, and welcome to Pet Talk, Ronan!

luvofallhorses
10-19-2007, 09:28 PM
Congratulations! He is beautiful. :)

prechrswife
10-19-2007, 09:46 PM
What a cutie! Congratulations. :D

cyber-sibes
10-19-2007, 10:15 PM
Congratulations! He's a beautiful little boy!
Welcome to PT, Ronan! :D

AmberLee
10-19-2007, 10:21 PM
Oh, what a handsome young lad. Congratulations to the happy family.

K9karen
10-19-2007, 10:55 PM
Heartfelt Congrats! Welcome to the world adorable cutie pie Ronan! What a fun time you're going to have with all your 2 and 4 legged brothers and sisters!

Maya & Inka's mommy
10-20-2007, 06:25 AM
Wow ! he is gorgeous!! Congrats with your little boy Ronan!!!! :)

ps.Sorry but I am wondering why is Ronan wearing mittens??? thanks!
http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h264/NicoleLJ_2003/tmpphpqRUiaP.jpg

Sonia59
10-20-2007, 07:04 AM
Wow, congratulations to the new parents! What a beautiful baby :) I can't wait for pictures with the dogs ;)

angelbow20
10-20-2007, 10:29 AM
Awww congrats!!! He is soo cute!!!

sweetpatata6
10-20-2007, 11:37 AM
ps.Sorry but I am wondering why is Ronan wearing mittens??? thanks!

It's so babie's don't scratch them selves :)

And the title should be who DOESN'T want to meet Ronan. lol. We've waited long enough to see him, and he's SO cute it was well worth the wait. CONGRADS!!!!!

NicoleLJ
10-20-2007, 11:50 AM
Now that I have a few mintues to sit down. lol

Thanks all for your kind words. Ronan is doing great, though I had an exhausting night. lol New bed, sounds and so on kept Ronan from sleeping as well as he was at the hospital. So it was a long night but by the end of it he was sleeping well.

Isabeau and Dedrick are enjoying helping with their new brother. Thank goodness though that I am not the type of parent that believes in a silent house when a baby is sleeping. And thank goodness Ronan is so good about sleeping through lots of noise. Because with a toddler, an 8yr old, a puppy and 2 full grown dogs this house gets very busy and loud. lol

Sheena and Luca are both back on mommy mode. When Ronan cries in the crib, which is on my side of the bed, Sheena will sit beside it looking in at him making all sorts of sounds at him. Which gets him to stop right away as I slowly get up to get him. He is fasinated by the dogs. Luca loves to give him kisses as he is feeding.

I am so glad I did the training to prepare them for him. Having very calm and helpful dogs while having a newborn is sooooo much nicer.

Anyway, later today I will post some pictures of the kids with their brother and the dogs with Ronan too. Can't promise when that will be just hope it will be some time today.

Agian thanks so much for all your kind words.
Nicole & Ronan

krazyaboutkatz
10-20-2007, 08:56 PM
Congrats!!!:D He sure is adorable and he sounds like he'll be an easy baby. I can't wait to see more pictures of him.:)

jazzcat
10-21-2007, 10:52 AM
Congratulations on your adorable baby boy!