PDA

View Full Version : Dad's surgery success!! :D

shais_mom
10-19-2007, 12:09 AM
This is like Deja Vu, there was a thread like this almost a year ago, but hopefully tomorrow will be easier than the back surgery.
Tomorrow my dad is going to my hospital to have a hernia repair. He should be home tomorrow evening. He'll be recouping for about 4 weeks.
Thoughts and prayers for him please?
THANKS! :D

Taz_Zoee
10-19-2007, 12:25 AM
Your dad will be in my thoughts tomorrow. :)

Catty1
10-19-2007, 12:26 AM
Prayers that your dad has a speedy and painless recovery. I hope he won't try to be 'tough' and not take his pain meds! :)

Best wishes!

shais_mom
10-19-2007, 12:29 AM
Thanks! Taz and Catty! :D

krazyaboutkatz
10-19-2007, 12:37 AM
I hope that your father's surgery goes well and that he makes a speedy recovery. Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent his way.

gini
10-19-2007, 12:41 AM
Aw, Staci, you can count on my prayers for your Dad. I know how much you worry about your Mom and Dad - they are wonderful parents.

Your Dad will be just fine - all he has to do is follow Dr.'s orders..........easier said than done.

Big hugs to you and your whole family. Just think - by Thanksgiving you will all have much to be thankful for - good health - and all of you back up and on your feet (like both feet:D)

xxoo Gini

Cinder & Smoke
10-19-2007, 04:10 AM
Hi God ~

Ya remember "Mr. M" frum last year - da back Sir Jury Guy that hadda go back fur da RE-Do?

He's goin in fur a Zippur Repair this mornin ...
Kan you hop onna Silver Klowd an have a lil Pep-Talk wiffa Sir Jury Team affore noon?
Try to make sure they all know what da Game Plan is ... so we get diss wun dun RITE da FURST Tyme!

Dawter Staci will be *Krutchin In* to root da Home Team on ...
an Momma M. will be da wun *wringin* her hand-pawz ...
Couple of {{{God'sHugs}}} would go a long way wiff dem!

Tell "Dad" we'll all be *rootin* fur a Great Outcome anna fast Recovery!

THANKS, God!!

/s/ the Prayer Pups

Pawsitive Thinking
10-19-2007, 04:19 AM
Hope all goes well

Ginger's Mom
10-19-2007, 05:52 AM
Surgery of any kind is always a concern. Prayers and good thoughts are going out for a quick and easy recovery.

Daisy and Delilah
10-19-2007, 07:34 AM
Staci, your family has had your share of grief. I'm sending thoughts and prayers up to your Dad and all of you. I hope you're doing well after your surgery.

anna_66
10-19-2007, 08:05 AM
Staci I'll be keeping your dad in my thoughts and prayers.

I hope the surgery goes well and he'll be up and around asap.

zippy-kat
10-19-2007, 08:08 AM
Prayers are on the way!

pitc9
10-19-2007, 08:42 AM
Prayers and {{{hugs}}} sent!!!

gini
10-19-2007, 09:26 AM
Staci, more morning prayers on the way for your Dad.♥

lizbud
10-19-2007, 09:32 AM
Prayers & positive thoughts for your Dad Staci. I hope all goes well.

shais_mom
10-19-2007, 05:26 PM
well he got to go home around 530pm.
They took him back to surgery about noon and by quarter after one they were telling us to go back to the room for the dr to come talk to us. He put some mesh in - he's only allowed to walk for 2 weeks. No stitches are in place.
He was back in the room around 2pm -
he was allowed to eat so he ordered bacon, eggs and pancakes. Then before he left he ordered chop steak with mushrooms and french fries!!! :eek:
He was HUNGRY!
he was feeling pretty good.
I think he's probably sleeping now at their house! :D
Thanks everyone! :D

Cinder & Smoke
10-19-2007, 05:48 PM
Dad got to go home around 5:30 pm.

He put some mesh in. No stitches are in place.

He's only allowed to walk for 2 weeks :confused:

He was allowed to eat so he ordered bacon, eggs and pancakes.
Then before he left he ordered chop steak with mushrooms and french fries!!! :eek:

He was HUNGRY! ... He was feeling pretty good. :D

No Zipper ???? :eek:
Did they *glue* him shut??

"Only allowed to walk for 2 weeks"??
Not sure I get the meaning of that ...
Meaning: Can't work & mow grass till after 2 weeks?
or: No running till after 2 weeks ??

Has Mom grabbed all the keys to the Vehicles and Boy Toys?

GLAD he's back home and starting to Feel Better ...
Best Wishes for a full & Speedy Recovery!!

;)

Catsnclay
10-19-2007, 06:05 PM
Oh Staci!

Your poor mother!! Does she like playing nurse??!!! Between you and your dad I bet she will need a nice break (like a day at the spa ;) ) when you both are healed !!

I am so glad to hear that your dad's surgery went well and he is feeling better.

That food thing - must be an Ohio thing - my dad, who was born & raised in Youngstown, does the very same thing after surgeries - where's the food!!! They just gotta have their food!! :rolleyes: :)

Ok, no more surgeries or injuries for you and your family - at least for a little while - please!! :p

shais_mom
10-19-2007, 10:14 PM
No Zipper ???? :eek:
Did they *glue* him shut??

"Only allowed to walk for 2 weeks"??
Not sure I get the meaning of that ...
Meaning: Can't work & mow grass till after 2 weeks?
or: No running till after 2 weeks ??

Has Mom grabbed all the keys to the Vehicles and Boy Toys?

GLAD he's back home and starting to Feel Better ...
Best Wishes for a full & Speedy Recovery!!

;)

I have no idea. Not sure if he's steri-stripped or what.
Only allowed to walk. Means only allowed to walk. No running, pushing, lifting, (anything over 5 pounds- so we won't go to what he told the nurse :rolleyes: ) and no s-x. :eek:
now do you get it?! ;)

Cinder & Smoke
10-19-2007, 10:35 PM
Lifting ... (anything over 5 pounds- so we won't go into what he told the nurse :rolleyes: )

now do you get it?! ;)

:eek:
:p

He must be feelin purdy good!
;)

shais_mom
10-19-2007, 10:38 PM
:eek:
:p

He must be feelin purdy good!
;)
oh yea
by the time we left, the nurses realized just who I act like!!! :p

K9karen
10-19-2007, 11:22 PM
Remember back in the day when hernia surgeries required days in the hospital? Amazing now, huh? My mom had 2 hernias and they meshed her too! Glad your dad has his appetite! Hope you mom can keep him still. ;) I hope he has a speedy recovery!!!

krazyaboutkatz
10-19-2007, 11:43 PM
I'm glad to hear that your father's surgery went well and that he's now home. I hope he'll have a speedy recovery and continue to feel well.:)

Cinder & Smoke
10-20-2007, 11:33 AM
How's Recovery, Day 2, going? ... Is he bored silly, yet?

Mom: Where's your Dad?

Dawter: Oh, he' out in the barn, sitting on the tractor, makin "Varoom-Varoom!" sounds.

:D
Feel Better Soon, Mr. M!
;)

shais_mom
10-20-2007, 11:35 AM
How's Recovery, Day 2, going? ... Is he bored silly, yet?

Mom: Where's your Dad?

Dawter: Oh, he' out in the barn, sitting on the tractor, makin "Varoom-Varoom!" sounds.

Feel Better Soon, Mr. M!
;)
that's actually pretty close to the truth except it would be his semi - if he hadn't delivered it back to the company.
:rolleyes:
they called and sang happy birthday to me and my mom said he was driving her crazy. the place he used to work called and told him they had a check for him so he was going to walk down there to get it! (1/4 - 1/2 mile away) b/c the doc told him to walk walk walk. My mom informed him that wasn't happening!

Cinder & Smoke
10-20-2007, 11:53 AM

... Mom said he was driving her crazy.

He was going to walk down there to get it! (1/4 - 1/2 mile away)
b/c the doc told him to walk walk walk.

My mom informed him that wasn't happening!

Dad:
Awww, MOM! --- WHY not?

NUTZ! ...

I'm gonna go *pout* inna Barn.

HEY ~ If I can hotwire the tracktor - can I DRIVE down there?

critter crazy
10-20-2007, 12:04 PM
Glad he is doing well!! I can just imagine how hard it is to keep him from doing anything he isnt supposed to!!

My son had a Hernia operation when he was just a year old, talk about a pain!! How does one keep a 1yr old still?? I dont know how we managed, but we did!:D

anna_66
10-20-2007, 02:06 PM
I'm a little late, but glad to hear your dad is doing good.

Hope he's listening to the nurses and not having s*x;):D

joycenalex
10-20-2007, 02:22 PM
oh yea
by the time we left, the nurses realized just who I act like!!! :p
so the apple didn't fall far from the tree huh? get better soon mr. m, your lovely wife might be at the end of the home nursing limit :)

shais_mom
10-20-2007, 06:23 PM
I'm a little late, but glad to hear your dad is doing good.

Hope he's listening to the nurses and not having s*x;):D
oh yea - I think it hurts bad enough that THAT is far from his mind. And my mom is thrilled. She was hoping the nurse would say 4 weeks! :eek:

jazzcat
10-21-2007, 10:50 AM
Glad to hear things went well. I hope he make a quicky recovery.

Rachel
10-21-2007, 11:03 AM
Good news that all went well and the innerds are healing. Guess big bouncing dogs have to watch whose lap they hop onto.

gini
10-21-2007, 02:22 PM
Staci, I hope your Dad continues to heal well - and that he behaves!

4 Dog Mother
10-22-2007, 08:51 AM
Staci, having the grandkids here keeps me from being on the computer much especially when I am off work from Friday until Monday. Glad your dad's surgery went well. And hope your mom makes it through her second patient's recovery sane.